NicoNico

Is my marriage valid? Scam annulment?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
35 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Has anyone EVER heard of an American getting arrested in the Philippines where they allow the American to decide that he will be held at the US Embassy instead of a Philippine jail?  Have you EVER heard that the American while being held at the US Embassy was required to pay a huge sum of money to get the charges dropped (well OK, maybe....).  Too many really weird inconstancies.  

I'm thinking American marries filipino and for what ever reason they break up.  He goes back to the states and finds a visiting foreigner and he decides to get married quickly because how would anyone ever know he was married.  Lo and behold, someone finds out he is still married and has to make up some outrageous story to support his "mistake"...

This reminds me of lance corporal Daniel Smith although different case and different situation. They were able to transfer him to the US Embassy and when the victim recanted the testimony he was able to leave the country as if nothing happened. No one know what took place but the victim left for the US within the same month and I believe is now living here. Go figure out.

1 hour ago, ekim said:

This reminds me of lance corporal Daniel Smith although different case and different situation. They were able to transfer him to the US Embassy and when the victim recanted the testimony he was able to leave the country as if nothing happened. No one know what took place but the victim left for the US within the same month and I believe is now living here. Go figure out.

"During the course of trial, in accordance with the terms of the VFA, the accused were in the custody of the U.S. Embassy."

Unless the Hubby in this case is active duty military stationed in PH its apples to oranges.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, quenma888 said:

He had to give an enormous amount of money in the condition that the case against him would be dismissed and for an annulment to be processed. 

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the Philippines fine you if you overstay your visa (like an exit fine) could that be what this payment is about plus a bribe to make her charge against him go away? 

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

1 hour ago, Illiria said:

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the Philippines fine you if you overstay your visa (like an exit fine) could that be what this payment is about plus a bribe to make her charge against him go away? 

In the Philippines, the accused can settle with the accuser to drop the charges.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.