Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Guys, just to let you know, I won't be available for the next 2 hours. Juventus vs. Manchester United is on. Hope you can understand the situation. I'll be back. 😂😂😂

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, PelagijaP said:

Hi. There at the bottom where it tells you to ask a question I wrote: Can you please update both my email address **** and my fiancé's email address***?   Nothing back from them yet. 

But I got an email from USCIS saying there is some post decision activity being taken on our case, meaning it is being transfered to NVC. We will call next Wednesday to see if it has been received. 

Did you get any ‘Invalid date of birth’ message when you sent them a question to update your emails? Well, I’ve tried to update both my email and my fiancé’s, and was very careful to type everything correctly, but I keep getting the same error. My passport has my full birthday, day, month and year. Tia.

Happy to join this thread :) yay! Congrats on your NOA2s everyone! 

K1:

I-129F Form and petition sent: May 21, 2018.

First Notice of Action: ● Old website: May 24, 2018.

● New website: May 30, 2018.

Second Notice of Action: November 6, 2018.

NVC Case # Assigned: December 7, 2018.

・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 ・〜 

Useful links:

Check your case status.

Old website: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/

New website: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/

NVC Case: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

On 10/31/2018 at 11:00 PM, Greenbaum said:

Next large batch of approvals will be 11/7-9 with shipments leaving for the Embassies on 11/12-13.

You were right AGAIN!!

event.png

6 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

You were right AGAIN!!

Just when I think I'm the Grand Pupa they'll change it again. Oy vey! 😃

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Hello my fiancee and i received our noa2 on 11-7. I don't know if there was a spot for my fiancees email. The embassy in Manila. How does my fiancee get packet 3 emailed to her when the I-129f did not ask for her email address. In the link to step 1 on the group. Can I put my fiancee's email address in the question box. Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Otenu said:

Did you get any ‘Invalid date of birth’ message when you sent them a question to update your emails? Well, I’ve tried to update both my email and my fiancé’s, and was very careful to type everything correctly, but I keep getting the same error. My passport has my full birthday, day, month and year. Tia.

Happy to join this thread :) yay! Congrats on your NOA2s everyone! 

Hi. Everything worked fine, I didnt get any error message. Seen people saying the had same error as you did but dont know if anybody managed to go past it. Oh and I think that it has to be principal applicant’s birthday date- beneficiary. Good luck, but if nothing changes don’t despair because you can always call NVC and ask about your case.

Congratulation on approval!🎉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hey guys, just out of curiosity how are you all planning your departures and when do you think we could get our visa’s in hand, I know every country varies but just your approximate time, I probably won’t be travelling until jan but just planning other things out before then. My fiancée might come over, then we will leave together. 

Also what are you all doing in the mean time after the NOA2 ? I.e preparing your interview documents etc etc 

cheers. 😃

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

5 hours ago, bukopandan22 said:

Hello my fiancee and i received our noa2 on 11-7. I don't know if there was a spot for my fiancees email. The embassy in Manila. How does my fiancee get packet 3 emailed to her when the I-129f did not ask for her email address. In the link to step 1 on the group. Can I put my fiancee's email address in the question box. Thank you.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Link to the Embassy Letter/P3/Checklist

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gN0SjyLEdkLj1WR7QuBDDJumcvByyGX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yt5aVD7vlHG-dgnzzKW_5ijRYpkrV5km/view?usp=sharing

Embassy letter for a non-immigrant K=1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Embassy Letter for a immigrant I-CR1content

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/IV-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-365KB.pdf

2018 K-1 and CR-1

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

5 minutes ago, June1990 said:

Hey guys, just out of curiosity how are you all planning your departures and when do you think we could get our visa’s in hand, I know every country varies but just your approximate time, I probably won’t be travelling until jan but just planning other things out before then. My fiancée might come over, then we will leave together. 

Also what are you all doing in the mean time after the NOA2 ? I.e preparing your interview documents etc etc 

cheers. 😃

I can't add anything to your post other than a caution from every Embassy:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

I can't add anything to your post other than a caution from every Embassy:

Do not finalize arrangements for travel to the United States, dispose of property, or resign from your job until a visa has been issued and delivered to you. Generally, a single-entry fiancé(e) (K1) nonimmigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance, unless its validity is limited by medical or other restrictions.

Nah nothing for me as that, I don’t own a property or have any job at the moment lol, it’s just that my grandmother from Australia who wants to come and spend some time with me before I leave so trying to get figure out when is the best time for her to come as she can only be here for two weeks. And has to book her tickets as earlier as possible, I Tried to see the other timelines from my country and it seemed that they got their visa just after 5 weeks from NOA2 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, June1990 said:

cheers. 😃

I very very much hope to have mine by the middle of December. It is good that my fiancé will come to be with me at the interview because I am really nervous. He already asked for days off work for December without giving them specific dates yet and was told it is ok. Once we get interview appointment date from the embassy he will just let his manager know and book a flight. 

What are we doing in the mean time..well now hmm i have nightmares every night about something going wrong! But did already make a list of things we need to prepare and birth certificate and police clearance are ready, as well as our pictures from July when he was here. We have couple more documents to prepare but it should go fast (emloyment verification letter and bank statement, tax returns, need to print out some emails etc.) I am on a pregnancy leave so it will be easy to quit my job once visa is here- I dont need to give any long notice. We plan to travel back together but it will be ok if we cant and if I follow him couple of days later. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, PelagijaP said:

I very very much hope to have mine by the middle of December. It is good that my fiancé will come to be with me at the interview because I am really nervous. He already asked for days off work for December without giving them specific dates yet and was told it is ok. Once we get interview appointment date from the embassy he will just let his manager know and book a flight. 

What are we doing in the mean time..well now hmm i have nightmares every night about something going wrong! But did already make a list of things we need to prepare and birth certificate and police clearance are ready, as well as our pictures from July when he was here. We have couple more documents to prepare but it should go fast (emloyment verification letter and bank statement, tax returns, need to print out some emails etc.) I am on a pregnancy leave so it will be easy to quit my job once visa is here- I dont need to give any long notice. We plan to travel back together but it will be ok if we cant and if I follow him couple of days later. 

Aww thanks for that & congrats for your pregnancy, hope it all goes well. ❤️ 

i can now say iv been thinking right lol, otherwise I thought I was gone crazy thinking of the future. I am hoping I could get mine mid dec too, so that I’m done and dusted by the time everyone comes (grans and fiancée), what I’m thinking is surely it can’t go any longer but who knows, the US embassy in Tanzania doesn’t seem too busy but I’m just guessing with the people I see on here and Facebook. 

With my tickets im not sure either, he will come and he will book his tickets now, if im lucky I’d be able to get in with him otherwise yeah 1-2 days would be ok to leave just after. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, June1990 said:

cheers. 😃

We are hoping to have the interview by March 2019 (Juarez is a very busy consulate and there are no intervies before that date) it might be April, depending on how fast we can get NVC number and case ready... Right now we are planning him to visit again in January and I'll send a suitcase with my things with him. In the mean time, I just started a new job (more money) and I'm saving as much as I can... 

I'm also selling things I don't need, taking care of my passport renewal, etc. 

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.