karen & shawn

less than a year relationship.

38 posts in this topic

Hi Karen and Shawn,

I am in the beginning of doing my K1 visa papers for my fiance Remy. I receive lots of advice from my Filipino friends. I will share with you their advice they gave me for interview. Tell Karen bring LOTS of photos of you both together from when you visit her. Any stores or resturants you went together bring receipts to show you were together. Bring copy or original of your plane ticket showing you flew there and hotel confirmation. Have her bring engagement ring receipt and photo of you proposing. 

Make sure she knows your home address, favorite color/music/movie/hobbies...and  where you work. She might/will be asked all this. 

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Troy

Just be prepared. You should not have any problems...especially if your fiance is going to be at the interview. I first visited in Jan, 2018. Applied K1 in June after 2nd trip. Made 3rd visit in September. I plan to go back for the interview. There are many K1's granted to applicants in Manila with one or two visits...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

You will have no problems unless something else causes a red flag, multiple meetings, present at the interview (maybe) just be patient and prepared, Manila is not a terribly hard embassy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 minutes ago, troy3/23 said:

Hi Karen and Shawn,

I am in the beginning of doing my K1 visa papers for my fiance Remy. I receive lots of advice from my Filipino friends. I will share with you their advice they gave me for interview. Tell Karen bring LOTS of photos of you both together from when you visit her. Any stores or resturants you went together bring receipts to show you were together. Bring copy or original of your plane ticket showing you flew there and hotel confirmation. Have her bring engagement ring receipt and photo of you proposing. 

Make sure she knows your home address, favorite color/music/movie/hobbies...and  where you work. She might/will be asked all this. 

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Troy

thank you so much. will keep this in mind :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Just be prepared. You should not have any problems...especially if your fiance is going to be at the interview. I first visited in Jan, 2018. Applied K1 in June after 2nd trip. Made 3rd visit in September. I plan to go back for the interview. There are many K1's granted to applicants in Manila with one or two visits...

thank you so much. feeling relieved hoooooo

well still a ong wait for us.

Timeline

I have met my husband online on January 2017, I met him personally when I went on vacation to PI in August of the same year. We filed our K1 on January 2018 and he entered the US just a month ago - 8 months process from filing. It would not matter how short or long the relationship is. It is how you prove that what you have is a bonafide relationship. We met just one time as well but we made sure that it was a quality meeting - I met his family and friends and he did the same. There's no reason to be scared if what you have is a real one. Goodluck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

You will have no problems unless something else causes a red flag, multiple meetings, present at the interview (maybe) just be patient and prepared, Manila is not a terribly hard embassy

wow by reading all these comments i feel better. thanks a lot  randy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Janski said:

I have met my husband online on January 2017, I met him personally when I went on vacation to PI in August of the same year. We filed our K1 on January 2018 and he entered the US just a month ago - 8 months process from filing. It would not matter how short or long the relationship is. It is how you prove that what you have is a bonafide relationship. We met just one time as well but we made sure that it was a quality meeting - I met his family and friends and he did the same. There's no reason to be scared if what you have is a real one. Goodluck!

I love the answer. thanks a lot janski. can't wait for us to be together

6 hours ago, karen & shawn said:

Thank you. He visited me twice. And we have talked that the next visit is the time he has to pick me up here in the Philippines. Thank you

I would also suggest he attend the interview at the Manila Embassy with you.  I met my Filipina on-line and 2 months later I visited her in the Philippines. I proposed and married her within the week.(Red Flag #1?)  I was 54, she was 19. (Huge Big Red Flag #2?) I stayed for an additional 3 weeks then came back home.  I visited two more times staying for weeks at a time.  When it was time for her interview CR-1 I visited again (3rd visit) and attended the interview with her.  I am 75% certain that had I not attended she would most likely have been denied.  I also believe that getting married in the Philippines and applying for a CR-1, rather than a K-1 also helped.  The CO interviewed both of us.  She actually asked me more questions than she did my wife.  I found out later that the Manila Embassy monitors all those cameras in the waiting area watching how couples behave/interact.  This might help them determine who is real and who is not. 

P.S.  We have been married now for 6 years.  She is now a US Citizen.  We have a 19 month old beautiful baby girl.  We live in Hawaii which has a population of approximately 30% Filipinos so that helps.  Life is grand.

Good luck and God Bless you both, david              Search david olsten on youtube for our story...

Edited by David & Zoila

If help ....we filed having 4 months relationship and 2 visits, now we have almost a year and got an RFE and nothing related about our relationship, we have had 3 more visits after filed...  and met in tinder,i also know a few other with my same timeline and not problem at all after u can show bonafide relationship and met all the criteria to filed u will be good!!!tho!

Good luck and i will let u know!

Edited by Kyle&Ana

04/04/18  - Mailed I-129F

04/06/18 -  NOA1 notice date email/text

10/18/18 -  RFE notification

10/22/18 -  RFE received in mail

11/01/18 -  RFE sent to USCIS

11/06/18 -  RFE received by USCIS

11/14/18 -  NOA2

11/27/18 - NVC Received

12/12/18 - NVC Case number

01/8/19 - Scheduled interview-APPROVED

01/21/19 - POE! 

Your absence has not taught me how to be alone; it has merely shown me that when together we cast a single shadow on the wall.

Ky-G team ❤️

When you walk awayI count the steps that you take

age.png

6 hours ago, karen & shawn said:

I was just wondering and a little bit worried about out K1 visa process that may happen during the interview. They might consider this relationship is fraud or with red flag.

My fiance and I started chatting and video chatting February 2018 then he visited me May 2018 then we filed our K1 visa process July 2018. 

Please enlightened us about the possible feedback that might happen during the upcoming interview next year. Thank you. 

PS: Maybe there are couples with the same situation as us. Thanks in advance.

Yes, they are on the TV show 90-day Fiance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, karen & shawn said:

I was just wondering and a little bit worried about out K1 visa process that may happen during the interview. They might consider this relationship is fraud or with red flag.

My fiance and I started chatting and video chatting February 2018 then he visited me May 2018 then we filed our K1 visa process July 2018. 

Please enlightened us about the possible feedback that might happen during the upcoming interview next year. Thank you. 

PS: Maybe there are couples with the same situation as us. Thanks in advance.

You should not have any issue in the filing; however, it might becomes an issue at the embassy level.  Remember these are two separate stages and deserve a careful examination.  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's not that they hand out Visa's like napkins, it's the fact that every year the Philippines is number one for number of K1 applications. Over 20% of all the K1 Visa's are from the Philippines, so numbers alone dictate they will issue the most Visa's.

Chart below is 2016, but numbers were about the same for 2017, I just couldn't find a cool graph like the one below.

MW-FJ787_201704_NS_20170405124447.png

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
4 hours ago, David & Zoila said:

I would also suggest he attend the interview at the Manila Embassy with you.  I met my Filipina on-line and 2 months later I visited her in the Philippines. I proposed and married her within the week.(Red Flag #1?)  I was 54, she was 19. (Huge Big Red Flag #2?) I stayed for an additional 3 weeks then came back home.  I visited two more times staying for weeks at a time.  When it was time for her interview CR-1 I visited again (3rd visit) and attended the interview with her.  I am 75% certain that had I not attended she would most likely have been denied.  I also believe that getting married in the Philippines and applying for a CR-1, rather than a K-1 also helped.  The CO interviewed both of us.  She actually asked me more questions than she did my wife.  I found out later that the Manila Embassy monitors all those cameras in the waiting area watching how couples behave/interact.  This might help them determine who is real and who is not. 

P.S.  We have been married now for 6 years.  She is now a US Citizen.  We have a 19 month old beautiful baby girl.  We live in Hawaii which has a population of approximately 30% Filipinos so that helps.  Life is grand.

Good luck and God Bless you both, david              Search david olsten on youtube for our story...

I've watched you guys on TLC. Gosh!  Thanks thanks 

1 hour ago, karen & shawn said:

I've watched you guys on TLC. Gosh!  Thanks thanks 

Except the people on TLC have all been chosen because they are train wrecks from the get-go.  We have had smooth sailing all along.  I can also see that lots of the drama is just that, drama.  Some of it is so scripted it's so obvious.  TLC would hate us because they want all the crazies.  They intentionally seek out the green card seekers and choose them.  I am sure that the percentage of successful relationships FAR outweighs the crazy scripted nonsense they portray on TV.  We don't watch it any more because it's so fake, and frankly it is insulting to all the genuine couples out there.

Edited by David & Zoila

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.