JerryTetiana

Angry

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You would all be really angry if you were the family in Morocco who's daughter was just murdered here in the US

and the embassy denied an emergency visa (requested by the police) for a member of the family to come and accompany her body home

this is unreasonable and heartless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

sorry to hear this. but think positive,

US citizens do not need a visa to visit Ukraine, perhaps you can fly there to meet her?

all the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
41 minutes ago, kris&me said:

You would all be really angry if you were the family in Morocco who's daughter was just murdered here in the US

and the embassy denied an emergency visa (requested by the police) for a member of the family to come and accompany her body home

this is unreasonable and heartless

I'm curious to read the background on this story/any statement by the embassy---not denying what you are saying here---do you have links to any articles about the visa denial?  I haven't found anything in my google searches...

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

5 minutes ago, Going through said:

I'm curious to read the background on this story/any statement by the embassy---not denying what you are saying here---do you have links to any articles about the visa denial?  I haven't found anything in my google searches...

I wasn’t going to post, but I couldn’t find it either. (Also wondering about why the police would request a visa for someone, I believe in similar circumstances one usually gets diplomatic assistance?)

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, DaveE said:

It is frustrating and at times seems to make no sense.  My step daughter is 7 years into an 11 year wait for her immigrant visa.  She has been refused twice for a tourist visa. More frustrating is that she is a flight attendant for Emirates, and is in the states monthly on her crew visa, (wherever the A380 flies).

C/D visa admissions (for flight crews) are unable to adjust status in the US, so the risk for overstay and/or trying to find a way to stay in the US is pretty moot.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

7 hours ago, JerryTetiana said:

I have to admit I'm just plain angry right now.  My fiance and I have submitted a K-1 back in July.  We like many of you now wait for months on end for any kind of notification that we can start our lives together.  While waiting we decided we would submit a B-2 in Kiev so she could come for the holidays to visit me in the US.  She just had her appointment.  It didn't last very long at all.  As soon as they found out we had K-1 in progress, they just told her to "wait for the K-1".  Are you serious!  How soulless and heartless.  We follow the process for the K-1 (who knows if it will actually go through - no one even looks at it for months!).  We follow the process for a B-2.  There is NO reason whatsoever to deny her the tourist visa.  And to just tell you to wait.  Frankly, I'm pissed.  That's unacceptable.  With dismissals like this, one can begin to see why there is such an immigration problem.  

The B-2 visas are like this specifically because there is "an immigration problem". They, by law, have to assume that the applicant intends to immigrate using that visa. It is up to the applicant to overcome this presumption of immigrant intent, and that takes the form of evidence of close ties that you do not intend to abandon in your home country, not just blind trust that she's not lying (otherwise, it would be far too subjective). Unfortunately, you've generated quite a bit of evidence that she is willing, able and plans to leave her home country, sometime in the fairly near future. That trumps pretty much anything else she may present in the way of employment, property ownership etc. 

I know we'd all like to think that we can just vouch for our foreign spouses and fiances when it comes to tourist visas, but that simply isn't enough. First, there'd be huge incentive for people to take money to "vouch" for their "foreign fiance" and second, honestly, there's no way of telling whose "fiances" would simply book a flight to LA instead of New York once they got the tourist visa in hand and they aren't mind readers (and can't attempt to be mind readers, they have to go with actual evidence). With fiance visas, there is more at stake (the foreigner cannot ever get a green card through anyone but the fiance visa petitioner, the visa is more expensive and requires evidence of the relationship that the "vouching" for a B-2 would not). 

Simply put, you are being punished for everyone else in the world who immigrated on or otherwise abused a B2 visa, generally (why the policy of presumption of immigrant intent exists) and specifically those from her home country who came before her (rate of overstay/abuse directly effects the refusal rates on a country-by-country basis).  I would strongly urge you to get used to this because this situation will be the next several years of your life, having a hard path for the misdeeds of those who came before. 

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Just sit and wait. She has a clear immigration intent. There's no way she could get a tourist visa. BE THANKFUL for being able to do K-1. Visa is not a right, it's a privelege.

Relax and drink some water. She will come, but later. We all wait.

Filed: Timeline

My wife knew it was impossible for her to get a tourist visa to the US, so that's why I always traveled to her. It would have been nice for her to visit the US to see if she wanted to move here, but that just the way it is and we've learned to accept it back then.

I also personally took advantage of seeing other European countries during my visits. I got to visit St. Petersburg, Russia/Vilnius, Lithuania/Prague, Czech Republic/Warsaw, Poland, and a few others. You have to be positive as best you can out of this who process.

Give it time. Your anger will turn to numb acceptance. 🙂 I have been through the K1 process in Kiev. It is relatively easy if you have your ducks in a row. Good Luck)

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kiev has many, many B1/B2 applications every day. I know, been there early in the morning when my wife had her interview. That is like a show with Oprah, you get a B1/B2 denial, you get a B1/B2 denial and you get one too. lol. The day we where there.....we saw many people unhappy going home w/o no luck. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

I had my esta visa denied after I tried to renew it. We had received our NOA2 roughly a month before that. 

That meant I couldn't make it over for a music festival we had tickets for. It sucked but since then it's gone so fast, I've now been approved and I am entering the USA in less than two weeks time. 

We will make the music Festival next year! But yes it is very frustrating and annoying but they have reasons to do so. It's just a waiting game. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

I wasn’t going to post, but I couldn’t find it either. (Also wondering about why the police would request a visa for someone, I believe in similar circumstances one usually gets diplomatic assistance?)

Normally how it's done, from my knowledge.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Good grief - if I thought my thread would create a platform for negativity and complaints I wouldn't have posted. But I guess my venting opened the door.  This is supposed to be a place to collaborate and knowledge share.  Thanks to those who explained the rational behind the CO's duties, I appreciate that. I'm un-following now. 

Filed: Other Timeline

I can relate to your sentiment. My fiance just had a denial for a tourist visa in July so he could come meet my family for Christmas. They didn't even look at any paperwork he brought with him or ask him any questions other than when do you want to go and what are you going for. They just nodded and said he didn't have enough ties. His appt was at 9am and he waited 2 hours to be seen and the interview lasted less than a minute. As supportive as my family is of our efforts, they would have really liked to meet him before he came here for good and everyone was really disappointed when he received the denial. While he was there, he saw a lady with a baby (her husband in the US and she had no other lands/jobs etc tying her to Lebanon) and an old man with no job etc also wanting to go to the US to see his son and family get approved. When asked how he made a living, he said he made 30k annually from his apple orchard but provided no proof of it. Frankly, they have better odds at overstaying than my fiance did but it is what it is.

We can only just look forward to the future now and know that, if all goes well, they will be here to enjoy each and every holiday with us very soon.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.