jg121783

DEMOCRATS USE MASS SHOOTING AT PITTSBURGH SYNAGOGUE TO DEMAND GUN CONTROL

45 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

50 in 10 minutes is only 5 a minute. They would be most any gun sold in the usa 

A six step musket load takes 6 seconds, even a 300 year old musket can sustain  10 rounds per minute, so that's 100 rounds per 10  minutes

Edited by Randyandyuni

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Boiler said:

So how many time can you shoot your PPK in 10 minutes?

2 hours ago, lierre said:

How is that relevant?

2 hours ago, lierre said:

Again, how is this relevant to the discussion?

Edit: I’ve got a feeling this leads to nowhere

It’s EXTREMELY relevant in a gun control conversation.  You are new to CEHST I think (And welcome to the fray, it’s good to have you!), but this convo has been had before.

With your PPK, I could easily shoot 60 rounds per minute, taking time to aim and kill/maim, provided I have enough spare magazines.  True, with an AR, 30-round mags are available (or drums with 100+ rounds), but either is effective when the crowd has no defense.  

The point is, neither the gun, nor the magazines, are the problem.  It is the murderous intent of the holder, and total lack of respect for human life.  Even if said person has zero access to a gun, they can get a shovel, a lead pipe, a crowbar, a knife, a car, a truck loaded with ammonium nitrate... and the list goes on.  Murder is in the heart and mind of people.  Regardless of the weapon of choice.

As to your comment about 50 people in 10 minutes, I could do that with a single-shot weapon, easily.

Edited by Satisfied

I should have been clearer.

The "50 people in 10 minutes" comment was referring to the Las Vegas shooting last year where at least 50 people were killed in 10 minutes. -- that's the kind of firepower I was referring to.

I don't pretend to know guns. I have a gun, but I neither hunt nor do I want to. I do know about gun violence and what changes can be done to lessen access to guns & gun mechanisms that can kill a child who accidentally finds it in their grandpa's office (safe) or an adult that will bring it to a Jewish synagogue (improve technology).

Edited by lierre

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What would you hunt with a PPK ?

6 rounds btw, it is usually considered a concealed carry type gun.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, lierre said:

I should have been clearer.

The "50 people in 10 minutes" comment was referring to the Las Vegas shooting last year where at least 50 people were killed in 10 minutes. -- that's the kind of firepower I was referring to.

I don't pretend to know guns. I have a gun, but I neither hunt nor do I want to. I do know about gun violence and what changes can be done to lessen access to guns & gun mechanisms that can kill a child who accidentally finds it in their grandpa's office (safe) or an adult that will bring it to a Jewish synagogue (improve technology).

How many kids die from grandpa’s guns in a year?  Not many.  (I grew up with them in the home, always loaded, and no one ever died.  We knew the rules.). Accidents DO happen, but usually when someone who never had a gun gets one.  The FIRST rule with any gun is... it’s loaded, period.  And your first act should be to unload it when handling it.

As to the Vegas shooting, don’t buy into the hype.  I may be the only person in CEHST who thinks so, but I believe there were more than one shooter.  And a fully-auto weapon was used, not just ARs with bump stocks.  At the range of the shooting in Vegas, a bump stock would be worthless, highly inaccurate - even more so than a full-auto 7.62 caliber machine gun, which sound bites show to have been used.  But that’s an entirely different topic...

4 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

How many kids die from grandpa’s guns in a year?  Not many.  (I grew up with them in the home, always loaded, and no one ever died.  We knew the rules.). Accidents DO happen, but usually when someone who never had a gun gets one.  The FIRST rule with any gun is... it’s loaded, period.  And your first act should be to unload it when handling it.

As to the Vegas shooting, don’t buy into the hype.  I may be the only person in CEHST who thinks so, but I believe there were more than one shooter.  And a fully-auto weapon was used, not just ARs with bump stocks.  At the range of the shooting in Vegas, a bump stock would be worthless, highly inaccurate - even more so than a full-auto 7.62 caliber machine gun, which sound bites show to have been used.  But that’s an entirely different topic...

Re: Vegas shooting, no motive found, no other shooter found. It's difficult to believe only one person can do it. And I guess I've been conditioned (by police procedural shows -- curse you, Criminal Minds!) that every person has a motive. But yeah that's off-topic.

I have beliefs regarding gun legislation and other ways gun violence can be decreased. I mean, I'm not just referring to mass shootings. Most gun violence is suicide as well. More work can be done to provide mental health services to people at risk for self-harm.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

5 minutes ago, lierre said:

Re: Vegas shooting, no motive found, no other shooter found. It's difficult to believe only one person can do it. And I guess I've been conditioned (by police procedural shows -- curse you, Criminal Minds!) that every person has a motive. But yeah that's off-topic.

I have beliefs regarding gun legislation and other ways gun violence can be decreased. I mean, I'm not just referring to mass shootings. Most gun violence is suicide as well. More work can be done to provide mental health services to people at risk for self-harm.

The bold part is kind of true.  But you cannot help those who do not want help (I know a fair bit about that).  People who think suicide is the answer don’t need guns, they are just an easy means to the end.  But you’re right, it would be nice if gun deaths could be reduced.  

8 hours ago, lierre said:

Actually most gun violence is done with cheap hand guns in the inner city cesspools of cities that have been run by democrats for years, in part by wildley disporpnate representations  of young minority males 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 10/28/2018 at 8:27 AM, jg121783 said:

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/27/democrats-shooting-pittsburgh-gun-control/

Why am I not surprised that the left immediately uses another tragedy for political gain? Disgusting.

Yes, who could say anything against poor little defenseless guns. After all, it's not their fault that they are used again, and again, and again, again...in shootings of innocent people going about their lives. 

Seriously though, getting so tired of people who have a tendency to become outraged over the slightest thing, yet seem to think they have the right to dictate what is publiclly discussed.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

Yes, who could say anything against poor little defenseless guns. After all, it's not their fault that they are used again, and again, and again, again...in shootings of innocent people going about their lives. 

Seriously though, getting so tired of people who have a tendency to become outraged over the slightest thing, yet seem to think they have the right to dictate what is publicly discussed.

The report it, against the ToS.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The report it, against the ToS.

What's against, what now? 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, Póg mo said:

What's against, what now? 

The ToS, my Bible, should be yours.

44 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

This is possibly the most accurate post you have made in weeks.  I applaud your efforts in coming around! ;)