Prof_Q

NVC and Embassy Stage

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hello,

We received our NOA2 and we are currently waiting for our application to be sent to NVC and then the embassy. 

Here is what I'm aware what happens next, or what we should expect. Can you guys please correct me if I'm missing anything?

1- Wait to receive case number from NVC

2- Use case number to fill DS160 form and schedule interview at the embassy

3- Fill out I134 Affidavit of Support form (petitioner)

4- Have medical check and police background checks ready before interview

5- Have copy of NOA2 receipt and updated letter of intent

6- Have proof of ongoing relationship 

Is there anything that I'm leaving out? Thank you so much for your inputs in advance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

@Prof_Q did you get police certificates also? They might take some time.

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
1 minute ago, Prof_Q said:

Yup got em all ready from all 3 countries 

you seem to have everything covered if you got letter of employment, bank letters with you account averages, tax forms (w-2. 1099. 1040), possibly 401-k, and other if using assests, but that is all related to the financial stuff

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

you seem to have everything covered if you got letter of employment, bank letters with you account averages, tax forms (w-2. 1099. 1040), possibly 401-k, and other if using assests, but that is all related to the financial stuff

The financial stuff (letter of employment, bank statements, etc) is needed from the petitioner, not the benefiacry, right? Just to confirm 

Timeline
Just now, Prof_Q said:

The financial stuff (letter of employment, bank statements, etc) is needed from the petitioner, not the benefiacry, right? Just to confirm 

yes, from the beneficiary

Timeline

@Prof_Q little reminder, since you are closer to POE than ever. 

Get SS# as soon as possible after POE, do not wait for 14 days to apply for it. Just wasting time

After SS# is applied for,  get marriage license and get married and marriage certificate

Send AOS, EAD and AP

there is no telling how and when the permits or GC will get to you. Some FO get them faster than others, meaning the GC interview can be quicker than EAD

Good luck   

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

@Prof_Q little reminder, since you are closer to POE than ever. 

Get SS# as soon as possible after POE, do not wait for 14 days to apply for it. Just wasting time

After SS# is applied for,  get marriage license and get married and marriage certificate

Send AOS, EAD and AP

there is no telling how and when the permits or GC will get to you. Some FO get them faster than others, meaning the GC interview can be quicker than EAD

Good luck   

Thank you! @Alabamak1 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

yes, from the beneficiary

I think you meant to say from the petitioner not the beneficiary. 

@Prof_Q  you are correct in that the financial documents pertain only to the petitioner and not the beneficiary. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Alekezam said:

I think you meant to say from the petitioner not the beneficiary. 

@Prof_Q  you are correct in that the financial documents pertain only to the petitioner and not the beneficiary. 

yes, the petitioner. sorry, I wrote this while on Netflix. 🤐

12 hours ago, Prof_Q said:

Yup got em all ready from all 3 countries 

Make sure they'll still be valid for your interview. For example the portuguese one is only valid for 3 months. 

Edited by thatguyuknow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, thatguyuknow said:

Make sure they'll still be valid for your interview. For example the portuguese one is only valid for 3 months. 

Police clearance certificates are valid for 1 year from date of issue in the eyes of the embassy unless you reenter the country again for longer than 6 months after receiving it. You should be ok. Received my fiance's certificate in April, and didn't interview until end of August.

Your police clearance certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date it was issued. If the validity has expired before your visa is issued you will be requested to provide an updated police certificate from the country you are currently living in. If you have already submitted police certificates from other countries where you have not recently lived you will not have to provide an update.

Edited by Loren Y
Added quote for police certificate.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Police clearance certificates are valid for 1 year from date of issue in the eyes of the embassy unless you reenter the country again for longer than 6 months after receiving it. You should be ok. Received my fiance's certificate in April, and didn't interview until end of August.

Your police clearance certificate is valid for a period of one year from the date it was issued. If the validity has expired before your visa is issued you will be requested to provide an updated police certificate from the country you are currently living in. If you have already submitted police certificates from other countries where you have not recently lived you will not have to provide an update.

That's definitely good to know. Thanks a lot for your feedback

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.