16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Anyone who has gotten a PCC in Haiti recently?? My husband went today with my uncle to DCPG to get his PCC and it was completed but my husband wasn’t given anything to show that it was done. My husband told that the Embassy will see it in the computer. Is this true?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yes, the embassy does automatically receive police check results in their system but it all

depends on who the CO is whether they’re going to request the certificate or not. My fiancé went for his interview and wasn’t asked for it but some people are, so it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Even though it’s a pain I’m the behind to actually obtain it. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, gsdc23 said:

Yes, the embassy does automatically receive police check results in their system but it all

depends on who the CO is whether they’re going to request the certificate or not. My fiancé went for his interview and wasn’t asked for it but some people are, so it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Even though it’s a pain I’m the behind to actually obtain it. 

The problem I can’t get a copy until 11/13 and the interview is 11/7 so I dk now I’m officially getting stressed out 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fmert001 said:

The problem I can’t get a copy until 11/13 and the interview is 11/7 so I dk now I’m officially getting stressed out 

Yes it does take while to get a copy. I didn’t post that to make you worry cause like I said sometimes they don’t ask for it & sometimes they do. If anything the only thing that can happen is them giving you a 221g putting the visa decision on hold telling you to send it in through DHL along with your fiancé’s passport when you get it. These are the possibilities. My fiancé hated going through that part of obtaining his certificate it was a hassle everyday which is why I had him request it 1-2 months before hand.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

Yes it does take while to get a copy. I didn’t post that to make you worry cause like I said sometimes they don’t ask for it & sometimes they do. If anything the only thing that can happen is them giving you a 221g putting the visa decision on hold telling you to send it in through DHL along with your fiancé’s passport when you get it. These are the possibilities. My fiancé hated going through that part of obtaining his certificate it was a hassle everyday which is why I had him request it 1-2 months before hand.

Well we tried to do that but we were told that we need an interview letter to get it 

Just now, Fmert001 said:

Well we tried to do that but we were told that we need an interview letter to get it 

1 hour ago, Ginie2010 said:

Let me know how that went . Because my husband lives over there too. I actually want to know did they receive it . 

I will 

Timeline

That’s why I made my uncle go with him because as you know in Haiti everything is who you know and how much you are willing to pay to get anything done...I’m just pray that’s don’t need it.. Thank you so much for your help

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fmert001 said:

That’s why I made my uncle go with him because as you know in Haiti everything is who you know and how much you are willing to pay to get anything done...I’m just pray that’s don’t need it.. Thank you so much for your help

I know but hopefully i dont need it

Timeline

Yes it is, & that’s one of the many things I despise about how Haiti govern their businesses. My fiancé used his DS160 to get in there. Luckily he pushed his way through after being turned away everyday for like a week lol 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gsdc23 said:

Yes it is, & that’s one of the many things I despise about how Haiti govern their businesses. My fiancé used his DS160 to get in there. Luckily he pushed his way through after being turned away everyday for like a week lol 

My husband too went for a week and my uncle is an Agent 2 for the police they skipped the line lol 

Timeline

Just get ready for all the BS with the Haitian bureaucracy to get paperwork 

Like what kind of paperwork. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ginie2010 said:

Like what kind of paperwork. 

You are doing a CR1 so make sure you have extrait of everything 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/25/2018 at 9:47 PM, Fmert001 said:

That was the most frustrating part of the process 🙁

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.