25 posts in this topic

Hi all

So Ive had a hiccup in my k1 visa process. 

Ive done everything I was supposed to do off the check list. I did my medical 6 weeks ago and have been waiting for an interview letter. In stead I have received a letter from the US Embassy London saying that they have not heard from me and I have 60 days from 16th Oct to let them know if i wish to proceed with my application. Im so distraught as I dont know what has gone wrong and noone will speak to me at the embassy to help me. The letter also said if I still wish to proceed with my application I have to submit an updated reaffirmation letter from my sponsor to update the I-129F petition. Does anyone know if this is just an informal letter? A form we have to fill out? And where do I send it to? Ive been waiting for so long now and Im scared that Il have to start the process again? Please help if you can advise?

Many thanks

Andrea

38 minutes ago, andrea varga said:

Hi all

So Ive had a hiccup in my k1 visa process. 

Ive done everything I was supposed to do off the check list. I did my medical 6 weeks ago and have been waiting for an interview letter. In stead I have received a letter from the US Embassy London saying that they have not heard from me and I have 60 days from 16th Oct to let them know if i wish to proceed with my application. Im so distraught as I dont know what has gone wrong and noone will speak to me at the embassy to help me. The letter also said if I still wish to proceed with my application I have to submit an updated reaffirmation letter from my sponsor to update the I-129F petition. Does anyone know if this is just an informal letter? A form we have to fill out? And where do I send it to? Ive been waiting for so long now and Im scared that Il have to start the process again? Please help if you can advise?

Many thanks

Andrea

What has happened was they were expecting you to pay your interview fee and to schedule your medical. That would have tripped the switch letting them know you are still moving forward with your application. You need to mail them a letter stating that you are prepared to move forward with adjudication of the K-1 visa and include updated letter from him and yourself stating your desire to marry. It's just redoing the same letter used in the I-129f package. This is just a hiccup and can be rectified without much of a problem.

Here is some additional information as what needs to be done.

P3 instructions for the UK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M92AwztXRnkFw6xwUF0ZlntJ6D4-eK2E/view?usp=sharing

Embassy Page

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/required-documents/

London Portal here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

London sub-forum on VJ

There are experts over in the sub-forum for your country located here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/  This is where others from your country who are processing or those who have completed their interview and they can guide you on their experience. A TON of information and help there.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, ThomasNC1988 said:

I'm not super familiar with London but did you send in everything from packet 3 and do the ds-160?

Hi there. UK filer here. London does NOT do packet 3. 

Since youve already done your medical, you can go ahead and schedule your interview and pay the visa!

1 hour ago, britishandusa said:

Hi there. UK filer here. London does NOT do packet 3. 

Since youve already done your medical, you can go ahead and schedule your interview and pay the visa!

Yes Ive had my medical 6 weeks ago and now Im still having to wait for a letter saying I can schedule an appointment. Here in London you cant get access to the appointment schedule until you have been sent a letter. 

5 minutes ago, andrea varga said:

Yes Ive had my medical 6 weeks ago and now Im still having to wait for a letter saying I can schedule an appointment. Here in London you cant get access to the appointment schedule until you have been sent a letter. 

I’m afraid you are wrong with that. For K1 visa you DO NOT have to wait for them to send you the letter. You schedule the appointment yourself. 

Look here under scheduling your interview:  https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Myself and many others on this forum scheduled our interviews once we received our case number. Chances are your petition expiry is almost up, so you need to respond to them quick!

Another question please does anyone know whether or not I am required to fill out a  Notification of Applicant Readiness Form? I heard this is no longer the case? If it is can someone kindly send me a link to the letter as I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks

Andrea 

This is no longer required

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

1 minute ago, andrea varga said:

image.png.f736f665bf10316ad9c654ec8f09c9f2.png

I dont think Im wrong as this is what pops up when i click on Scheduling the interview. 

It says there in the first bullet point that you need to have received a letter from the consular section?

6 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

I’m afraid you are wrong with that. For K1 visa you DO NOT have to wait for them to send you the letter. You schedule the appointment yourself. 

Look here under scheduling your interview:  https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Myself and many others on this forum scheduled our interviews once we received our case number. Chances are your petition expiry is almost up, so you need to respond to them quick!

This is no longer required

I dont think I am ive just clicked on it and this is what it said 

image.png.149f3099f7f8c8def7ba3a3ab3ce1775.png

1 minute ago, andrea varga said:

It says there in the first bullet point that you need to have received a letter from the consular section?

I dont think I am ive just clicked on it and this is what it said 

image.png.149f3099f7f8c8def7ba3a3ab3ce1775.png

You do not need to have the letter. Some people don’t even receive the letter because everything is done so electronically now. I booked my interview a month ago and I only received the letter two weeks ago, so you definitely don’t need it. 

If you wait for that letter, chances are your petition will expire. 

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

3 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

You do not need to have the letter. Some people don’t even receive the letter because everything is done so electronically now. I booked my interview a month ago and I only received the letter two weeks ago, so you definitely don’t need it. 

So Ive been waiting all this time based on what it has said on the website and now they are asking me to send a reaffirmation letter of intent to marry as I havent replied to them? I havent had anything to reply to? Im so confused? Im now getting worried :(. I dont even know how to submit an updated reaffirmation letter? Electronically? Send in the mail? 

Edited by andrea varga

So Ive been waiting all this time based on what it has said on the website and now they are asking me to send a reaffirmation letter of intent to marry as I havent replied to them? I havent had anything to reply to? Im so confused? Im now getting worried :(. I dont even know how to submit an updated reaffirmation letter? Electronically? Send in the mail? 

Are you able to book an interview via the website they supply you with? 

You won’t get anywhere if you try to call the embassy so you’ll need to use the online form they provide on their website. 

I’m not sure on how to submit those letters, I would’ve thought you would take them to your interview!? Someone more experienced than me can answer this one..

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:

AOS JOURNEY.

10 minutes ago, andrea varga said:

Ive just rung the immigration visa place where they make appointments and they said I 100% need a letter first! I cannot make an appointment until I have one! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.