JJ89

Affadative of support and co sponsor

58 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

This thread has become hard to follow but the couple shares income from a small business they both work in.  They are self employed.

I have a severe case of visa anxiety right now. interview is next monday. I'm really sorry to make this thread so complicated and I really appreciate your help. I understand what we need to put now. 

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

This thread has become hard to follow but the couple shares income from a small business they both work in.  They are self employed.

Ah okay.  Thanks for clarifying

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return

1. This is a quote  from the  i-864 instructions. Quote one asks for all of those schedules. Just to confirm those schedules are the lines that I see on the tax transcript correct? 

2.my sister is a dependent of my parents. She lives with them. We are not going to use her as a sponsor. So we do not have to do a separate i-864a for her correct? 

Edited by JJ89

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

1. This is a quote  from the  i-864 instructions. Quote one asks for all of those schedules. Just to confirm those schedules are the lines that I see on the tax transcript correct? 

2.my sister is a dependent of my parents. She lives with them. We are not going to use her as a sponsor. So we do not have to do a separate i-864a for her correct? 

No, quote 1 does not ask for anything at all.  It talks about what should have been completed as part of the tax filing.  If those schedules were completed and filed, the results will be reflected on a tax return transcript.  Your sister counts as a dependent only.  No I-864a.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 11/23/2018 at 6:28 PM, pushbrk said:

No, quote 1 does not ask for anything at all.  It talks about what should have been completed as part of the tax filing.  If those schedules were completed and filed, the results will be reflected on a tax return transcript.  Your sister counts as a dependent only.  No I-864a.

I am only going to take tax returns for the previous three years for both me and co sponsor. Since we are all self employed no pay stubs and no employer letter. This is okay correct? 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

I am only going to take tax returns for the previous three years for both me and co sponsor. Since we are all self employed no pay stubs and no employer letter. This is okay correct? 

Correct.  It would never be OK to take something that doesn't exist. 😉

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On Monday my wife has her interview. We are in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico now where her interview will be. There are some people near by who assist with the application process. We went there today to have our documents looked over and put in order. They told us that the consulate is now requiring a letter that needs to be filled out that states the relationship between me (petitioner), my wife (beneficiary), and my two parents (co sponsors). This letter is an extra to the i-864.  supposedly this letter is to show the relationship between us and to have proof that my my parents and I are aware of the legal responsibilities that we have for my wife when sponsoring her with the i-864. They also said that the consulate is now asking for all documents to be translated even if they are in the native language of the country where the consulate is at.  Of course they are offering me this service at a hefty fee. I am skeptical of it. What does everyone think? 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

On Monday my wife has her interview. We are in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico now where her interview will be. There are some people near by who assist with the application process. We went there today to have our documents looked over and put in order. They told us that the consulate is now requiring a letter that needs to be filled out that states the relationship between me (petitioner), my wife (beneficiary), and my two parents (co sponsors). This letter is an extra to the i-864.  supposedly this letter is to show the relationship between us and to have proof that my my parents and I are aware of the legal responsibilities that we have for my wife when sponsoring her with the i-864. They also said that the consulate is now asking for all documents to be translated even if they are in the native language of the country where the consulate is at.  Of course they are offering me this service at a hefty fee. I am skeptical of it. What does everyone think? 

Ignore them.  Your wife has already stated her relationship to her parents on the I-130.  They SIGNED the I-864, which clearly states their obligations.  CJ Consulate definitely accepts Spanish Language civil documents, such as police reports, birth certificates, etc.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 11/29/2018 at 6:28 PM, pushbrk said:

Ignore them.  Your wife has already stated her relationship to her parents on the I-130.  They SIGNED the I-864, which clearly states their obligations.  CJ Consulate definitely accepts Spanish Language civil documents, such as police reports, birth certificates, etc.

Thank you. This is my last post before interview tomorrow. This is how I filled it out. I basically just split my father and mother's total income for previous years of 2015,2016, and 2017. (refresher) They are self employed and own small business. file taxes jointly. There total income was 200,000 for all three years. Please let me know if this is okay.   Also there are lots of blanks on both forms. I have to write N/A in all of these blanks?  And finally the tax transcripts I got my me, and my parents. They only have our last name cut off, address where we filled taxes, and last four of social. I guess this is new for security purposes. is this going to be okay? 

(i-864 (father)

(part 6 item 7). Current individual income is 100,000

(part 6 item 10  )when asking about income from someone else in the household, I put down 100,000 for my mother. 

(part 6 item 20)This leads to a total of 200,000 for current annual household income. 

for questions 24 (A-c) 

2017 -200,000

2016- 200,000

2015-200,000

I-864A -(mother )

(part 3 item 7) current individual income is 100,000

(part 4 item 2 a-c)

2017, 200,000

2016 200,000

2015 200,000

Tomorrow is the big day. I hope all goes well. I haven't been home for good in years. Thank you all for your help. it means a lot to me. 

Edited by JJ89

Timeline
1 hour ago, JJ89 said:

Thank you. This is my last post before interview tomorrow. This is how I filled it out. I basically just split my father and mother's total income for previous years of 2015,2016, and 2017. (refresher) They are self employed and own small business. file taxes jointly. There total income was 200,000 for all three years. Please let me know if this is okay.   Also there are lots of blanks on both forms. I have to write N/A in all of these blanks?  And finally the tax transcripts I got my me, and my parents. They only have our last name cut off, address where we filled taxes, and last four of social. I guess this is new for security purposes. is this going to be okay? 

(i-864 (father)

(part 6 item 7). Current individual income is 100,000

(part 6 item 10  )when asking about income from someone else in the household, I put down 100,000 for my mother. 

(part 6 item 20)This leads to a total of 200,000 for current annual household income. 

for questions 24 (A-c) 

2017 -200,000

2016- 200,000

2015-200,000

I-864A -(mother )

(part 3 item 7) current individual income is 100,000

(part 4 item 2 a-c)

2017, 200,000

2016 200,000

2015 200,000

Tomorrow is the big day. I hope all goes well. I haven't been home for good in years. Thank you all for your help. it means a lot to me. 

Looks good.  NO, you do not need to hand write N/A in blanks, if previous answers make it obvious the answer is NONE or N/A.  If it's not obvious, help them out, but don't answer N/A if the question is applicable and the answer is NONE.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Looks good.  NO, you do not need to hand write N/A in blanks, if previous answers make it obvious the answer is NONE or N/A.  If it's not obvious, help them out, but don't answer N/A if the question is applicable and the answer is NONE.

Thank you so much as always. Tomorrow i will write the outcome of everything. I hope this whole thread can help someone out in the future. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.