JJ89

Affadative of support and co sponsor

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 10/31/2018 at 8:04 PM, JJ89 said:

Do you think this will put our case into administrative processing? we are trying out best to avoid that. We are already filling in a country where she is a resident and not a citizen. i imagine that is already a negative factor.

Country if residence instead of country of citizenship is NOT a negative factor in any way, in and of itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Thanks for all of the responses. I am gathering tax forms for proof of income for SELF EMPLOYED.  As previously stated i'm using my father as a co-sponsor.  My parents file taxes  (married filling jointly) as they own the same business (self employed).  I am using my father as a  co-sponsor, and I submitting an i-864a for my mother. This should be okay correct? I'm worried that since they file taxes jointly, I will have to file an i-864 for my mother as well.  Also on the i-864a it is asking for my mother's income. Should I put the same income as my father even though they share income? 

And I filed taxes single self employed since I was not married last tax season. 

How should I go about getting the tax documents? The instructions for the i-864 state,

If you selected Part 6., Item Number 2. that you are self-employed, you should have completed one of the following forms with your Federal income tax return: Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Schedule D (Capital Gains), Schedule E (Supplemental Income or Loss), or Schedule F (Profit or Loss from Farming). You must include each and every Form 1040 Schedule, if any, that you filed with your Federal income tax return.

Can I just submit the tax transcript that I can online or by mail  from https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript  ?  Or do I also have to include the schedule C, w2's and every 1040 form? 

Thank you once again. This is hopefully almost over 😀

Edited by JJ89

Timeline
17 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

Thanks for all of the responses. I am gathering tax forms for proof of income for SELF EMPLOYED.  As previously stated i'm using my father as a co-sponsor.  My parents file taxes  (married filling jointly) as they own the same business (self employed).  I am using my father as a  co-sponsor, and I submitting an i-864a for my mother. This should be okay correct? I'm worried that since they file taxes jointly, I will have to file an i-864 for my mother as well.  Also on the i-864a it is asking for my mother's income. Should I put the same income as my father even though they share income? 

And I filed taxes single self employed since I was not married last tax season. 

How should I go about getting the tax documents? The instructions for the i-864 state,

Can I just submit the tax transcript that I can online or by mail  from https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript  ?  Or do I also have to include the schedule C, w2's and every 1040 form? 

Thank you once again. This is hopefully almost over 😀

Split their income any way you want for their "current income".  The full "total income" from a tax return transcript or line 22 of the 1040 form will appear on both their forms in the past tax section.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 11/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, pushbrk said:

Split their income any way you want for their "current income".  The full "total income" from a tax return transcript or line 22 of the 1040 form will appear on both their forms in the past tax section.

OKay thank you. Do you know if the tax transcripts will suffice for proof of income? I have tax transcripts from 15 16 and 17. The ones I have say schedule c only on a part of the form. Then on that same form there are other schedules and the 1040 information. They are not separate. It's all one transcripts. Is that what the consulate is looking for when the person is self employed? Thank you. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, JJ89 said:

OKay thank you. Do you know if the tax transcripts will suffice for proof of income? I have tax transcripts from 15 16 and 17. The ones I have say schedule c only on a part of the form. Then on that same form there are other schedules and the 1040 information. They are not separate. It's all one transcripts. Is that what the consulate is looking for when the person is self employed? Thank you. 

A tax return transcript is preferred over a complete tax return.  Yes, it is exactly what they are looking for.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

On 10/25/2018 at 5:46 AM, JJ89 said:

federal poverty guideline is $20,575. My total income on my form 1040 is line 22 is 21.070. I'm nearly 500 dollars over. Do you think I should be the only sponsor, or still get my parents to sponsor just to play it safe? 

I would play safe. I was a similar case and everything went well until my hubby went for his interview. The embassy had him bring another sponsor.... Don’t wait until the last minute like me and play safe. Trust me! 

On 11/13/2018 at 2:51 PM, pushbrk said:

I’m sorry to be asking so many questions. I’m still a bit confused been trying to get this right for days. Can you please confirm if I’m correct. 

Parents are joint sponsors for my wife. Parents file taxes jointly. They are making an I-864 for my father. The total income for their taxes Theyre putting everything under my fathers i-864. For my mother THey are only doing an I-864a. For her income they will put zero since they share their income and don’t want to over complicate the process by splitting it on forms. Is this okay?

the I-864 also asks to list income from any other person counted in household size. My mother was counted in household size.  Do they list  her name even if she has zero income on her i-864a ? Thank you.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:14 AM, CJlove said:

I would play safe. I was a similar case and everything went well until my hubby went for his interview. The embassy had him bring another sponsor.... Don’t wait until the last minute like me and play safe. Trust me! 

Thank you for your advice.  All help is deeply appreciated.

12 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

I’m sorry to be asking so many questions. I’m still a bit confused been trying to get this right for days. Can you please confirm if I’m correct. 

Parents are joint sponsors for my wife. Parents file taxes jointly. They are making an I-864 for my father. The total income for their taxes Theyre putting everything under my fathers i-864. For my mother THey are only doing an I-864a. For her income they will put zero since they share their income and don’t want to over complicate the process by splitting it on forms. Is this okay?

the I-864 also asks to list income from any other person counted in household size. My mother was counted in household size.  Do they list  her name even if she has zero income on her i-864a ? Thank you.

This is incorrect.  You need to list each person's income correctly as they need to send proof of current income. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

1 minute ago, NikLR said:

This is incorrect.  You need to list each person's income correctly as they need to send proof of current income. 

This is where i'm confused. I don't know how to split their income since they file jointly and have the same tax form. How would I prove my mother's income and father's income if its the same tax form and same number? Thank you. 

Just now, JJ89 said:

This is where i'm confused. I don't know how to split their income since they file jointly and have the same tax form. How would I prove my mother's income and father's income if its the same tax form and same number? Thank you. 

W2 from each should show how thry split each year

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
42 minutes ago, JJ89 said:

Since they are self employed, they do not have current income? How should this be calculated then?

I already answered you.  For the self employed, current income comes from line 22 of the 2017 tax return.  I also told you to split the income any way you want.  100% Dad and 0% for Mom is an acceptable way to split the income.  If that is the choice, don't name Mom as somebody whose income is being combined with Dad's, but do provide the I-864a from Mom showing zero income.

On the other hand, splitting the income in some other way, does not "complicate" anything.  You are overthinking it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 hour ago, NikLR said:

This thread has become hard to follow but the couple shares income from a small business they both work in.  They are self employed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.