36 posts in this topic

Just now, UAtoUS said:

Any suggestions on how to do it. Can I do all the questions and then save it and she can open it, sign and send? Did anyone do it that way? Any better way?

Yes, that's fine for you to fill it out and her sign it. I suggest filling it out while on a call/video/whatever to ensure all answers are correct.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ksenia_O said:

There is a question, on  DS-160, "Travel Information" part - A person, paying for your trip.

here is an example

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/DS-160_Example.pdf

Thank you very much for the PDF. That will help a lot. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Yes, that's fine for you to fill it out and her sign it. I suggest filling it out while on a call/video/whatever to ensure all answers are correct.

Right!  She needs to know what she is sighing and what exactly is on heDS-160.

I did it for my parents, for both - they understand and speak English but it's not that brilliant anyway.  So I completed their DS-160s, and then  we went together through their applications.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, UAtoUS said:

Thank you very much for the PDF. That will help a lot. 

you are very welcome :)

US Embassy in Kiev has a very good guide on their website

http://ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-visaapply.asp

Edited by Ksenia_O

Timeline

Her chances of getting a visitor visa are extremely small.  We have friends in Ukraine that have been denied a visitor visa despite having well paying jobs for years and owning homes.  Some have applied multiple times over the years and still denied.  If you can afford to lose the $160 application fee, then by all means try for it.  It will not affect your K-1 in any way.

Good luck!

On 10/25/2018 at 1:45 PM, Sarah&Facundo said:

It would definitely be easier if she had applied for B2 BEFORE the K1 but that is in the past. I will say this though. My husband, with his B2 visa, came to visit me twice while waiting for the K1 to finalize. He was never asked a single question about the K1. He even came here WITH his K1 already in the passport and didn't even use it, he just presented his B2. The POE didn't even ask him about it. For extra caution, when he came here with a K1 and B2 at the same time but just wanted to use his B2, he only traveled with a large backpack, not a suitcase, so they wouldn't even believe he was trying to stay beyond his two week trip. If she gets it, just don't look suspicious going through POE haha.

Interesting.  When my husband's K-1 was affixed to his passport, his B-2 was cancelled by the Auckland consulate.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.