Phil & Han

Moving states after filing I485

23 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Not sure it does much to the processing time of your case, however, many people have been denied after moving.

USCIS is THE WORST when it comes to address changing. Many address changes never go through, which means they send potential RFEs and interview letters to the old address. That means people miss the deadlines and get denied. 

I would never take a chance on something this important myself. But if you have to move, you have to. Hopefully you know the person moving into your old address so they can let you know if something shows up in your name from USCIS.

Appreciate this insight it's very concerning. Fortunately we're living with family who will be remaining at this address and able to monitor the mail on our behalf.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Jaquelly said:

I was curious about this, as well.

We are moving from Texas to Indianapolis next year. We thought we would be transferred and that he would likely have his GC interview AFTER we move because Texas is so backed up.

I need more info. :( ugh

Boo. Indianapolis has some weird drinking laws! Ive been there.... don't know if you drink but yea, figured I'd mention it haha.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sharing my experience. Filed I-485 in December 2017. Philadelphia has jurisdiction for our old address. Moved to upstate New York couple of months ago. Changed address 2 days after moving, received email and letter notification via post to confirm address change. By end of December last year, I received the letter for an interview asking us to appear at the Philadelphia field office instead of the one nearest us. 

We're considering attending the interview as we're worried rescheduling will delay the process again. But then again, I researched and a lot of what I read said some officers will stop the interview when they find out that your new address is not their jurisdiction, reschedule and have the case transferred.

Frustrating! :(

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 1/7/2019 at 2:00 AM, K&M's Journey said:

Sharing my experience. Filed I-485 in December 2017. Philadelphia has jurisdiction for our old address. Moved to upstate New York couple of months ago. Changed address 2 days after moving, received email and letter notification via post to confirm address change. By end of December last year, I received the letter for an interview asking us to appear at the Philadelphia field office instead of the one nearest us. 

We're considering attending the interview as we're worried rescheduling will delay the process again. But then again, I researched and a lot of what I read said some officers will stop the interview when they find out that your new address is not their jurisdiction, reschedule and have the case transferred.

Frustrating! :(

This is exactly what happened to us.

Case is ready to be scheduled for interview since Mar 2018. But then we needed to move from AZ to PA, moved by end of May, as soon as we arrive in Philly in June, we filed COA once we manage to finalize and obtain a lease agreement and submit all the relevant info, AR-11 including Pending AOS case. Sponsor's Change of Address must be mailed physically (i-864 the financial part of the i-485).

Thereafter, every single month, I called USCIS hotline number just to verify if they received our COA AR-11, and what is our address on file, from June 2018 until September, they kept telling me it is Philly Address, up-to-date, not the AZ.
Comes to October 2018, the period where I sent in my EAD renewal (6 months prior to expire), when I file EAD renewal - it is a brand new i-765 with Philly Address (except we check for renewal). Guess what happened on Oct 04 2018?
Status Changed for i-485 AOS - Your case has been scheduled for interview, we have mailed you a letter with instructions on what to prepare and bring to the interview.

Oct 08, 2018 - We saw 2x USCIS letter from our USPS Informed Delivery scanned image. But there should be 3, and we think maybe one of them is delayed. EAD + AP Renewal (2 NOA1). AOS Interview Letter (1).
When the letter arrives, yep, as expected, EAD + AP Renewal NOA1s are here in Philly. A couple days later around 10 - 12 October, Sister who lives in AZ address (our former address) WhatsApp'd me saying that we got a letter from USCIS.
I checked the Informed Delivery over in that address, omfg, the interview letter is sent to the former address despite June, July, August, Sep, 4 freaking months that I have since updated the address and been calling every single month to verify up-to-date address on file. 

Interview Location was scheduled at Imperial Valley, CA (which is closest to Yuma,AZ) where our former address is. We then seek for suggestion from our attorney who helped to handle RFE in the past.

Attorney suggested to NOT attend the interview in Imperial Valley, CA. Because we have not lived at Yuma Address for more than 3 months. Our residency is already in Philly, PA. If we are to fly out there to attend the interview, we will for sure be stopped at the point of verifying Names, Address and etc during the interview when the officer figured that the Address is not even close to their office. Then it will have to be transferred, thus, wasting $$ and time to fly all the way out for the interview.

So we ended up, writing a letter to the field office at Imperial Valley, CA - Attn to the Director of the Field Office, indicating URGENT at the envelope. To request for cancellation of the interview over there due to wrong state of jurisdiction, transfer case to our field office in Philly. We have also submitted proof / evidences of all the COA documentations filed way before in June 2018. Then called USCIS hotline number to ensure to file a Service Request to transfer case + reschedule interview, indicating which address we lives in right now, and would like the interview to be scheduled here.

All that's done, case transferred successfully in late Dec. Got Infopass Appt in Jan 2019, went to Philly office to verify, our case arrived safely. They first did mention expect a longer delay of between 5-8 months for reschedule of interview because they schedule the interview base on first come first serve basis, literally means - whoever's case folder arrived in the field office first, then gets to be scheduled for interview. If the calculation was right, our interview should be rescheduled between May 2019 - August 2019 (5-8 months) from Jan. We went in for another Infopass Appt in Mar 2019, to check what is going on, status of our case, as well as my renewal EAD (6 months has passed and no approval yet). We were told that my AOS case looks good, nothing flagged, just waiting in the system queue to be scheduled for interview, at this point the officer says expect randomly being sent a notice between 30-45 days.

It is June 12 as I am writing this post, I have yet to receive any update about interview being scheduled at all. That is way beyond 30-45 days. They have also removed the Infopass Appt availability since March. Which made us unable to go in and inquire anymore. We have to call the USCIS hotline number, which when you speak with Tier 1, will literally keep repeating whatever you can find yourself online base on the Case Status, or the USCIS Processing time telling you bla bla bla that your case is not beyond normal processing time yet, just wait.

We're July 2017 Filers, already coming close to 2nd wedding anniversary by next Monday June 17. If it is not for the USCIS to mess up the first interview scheduled at wrong location (despite 4 months have passed since we updated the address), we wouldn't have to be in this mess. This tells me a lot that their system and database does not even tally. You can be filing AR-11, calling USCIS hotline to verify addresses, but the interview schedule part may still be wrong. Our attorney assured us that she has handled so many immigration cases that USCIS is always the one messes up the address when her customers moved. But a lot of time, customers complain that the attorney messes it up.

Anyway, K&M - have you attended the interview at Philly? Or did you get rescheduled? If it is the latter, has it been completed?

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 6/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, Kirk&Kean said:

This is exactly what happened to us.

Case is ready to be scheduled for interview since Mar 2018. But then we needed to move from AZ to PA, moved by end of May, as soon as we arrive in Philly in June, we filed COA once we manage to finalize and obtain a lease agreement and submit all the relevant info, AR-11 including Pending AOS case. Sponsor's Change of Address must be mailed physically (i-864 the financial part of the i-485).

Thereafter, every single month, I called USCIS hotline number just to verify if they received our COA AR-11, and what is our address on file, from June 2018 until September, they kept telling me it is Philly Address, up-to-date, not the AZ.
Comes to October 2018, the period where I sent in my EAD renewal (6 months prior to expire), when I file EAD renewal - it is a brand new i-765 with Philly Address (except we check for renewal). Guess what happened on Oct 04 2018?
Status Changed for i-485 AOS - Your case has been scheduled for interview, we have mailed you a letter with instructions on what to prepare and bring to the interview.

Oct 08, 2018 - We saw 2x USCIS letter from our USPS Informed Delivery scanned image. But there should be 3, and we think maybe one of them is delayed. EAD + AP Renewal (2 NOA1). AOS Interview Letter (1).
When the letter arrives, yep, as expected, EAD + AP Renewal NOA1s are here in Philly. A couple days later around 10 - 12 October, Sister who lives in AZ address (our former address) WhatsApp'd me saying that we got a letter from USCIS.
I checked the Informed Delivery over in that address, omfg, the interview letter is sent to the former address despite June, July, August, Sep, 4 freaking months that I have since updated the address and been calling every single month to verify up-to-date address on file. 

Interview Location was scheduled at Imperial Valley, CA (which is closest to Yuma,AZ) where our former address is. We then seek for suggestion from our attorney who helped to handle RFE in the past.

Attorney suggested to NOT attend the interview in Imperial Valley, CA. Because we have not lived at Yuma Address for more than 3 months. Our residency is already in Philly, PA. If we are to fly out there to attend the interview, we will for sure be stopped at the point of verifying Names, Address and etc during the interview when the officer figured that the Address is not even close to their office. Then it will have to be transferred, thus, wasting $$ and time to fly all the way out for the interview.

So we ended up, writing a letter to the field office at Imperial Valley, CA - Attn to the Director of the Field Office, indicating URGENT at the envelope. To request for cancellation of the interview over there due to wrong state of jurisdiction, transfer case to our field office in Philly. We have also submitted proof / evidences of all the COA documentations filed way before in June 2018. Then called USCIS hotline number to ensure to file a Service Request to transfer case + reschedule interview, indicating which address we lives in right now, and would like the interview to be scheduled here.

All that's done, case transferred successfully in late Dec. Got Infopass Appt in Jan 2019, went to Philly office to verify, our case arrived safely. They first did mention expect a longer delay of between 5-8 months for reschedule of interview because they schedule the interview base on first come first serve basis, literally means - whoever's case folder arrived in the field office first, then gets to be scheduled for interview. If the calculation was right, our interview should be rescheduled between May 2019 - August 2019 (5-8 months) from Jan. We went in for another Infopass Appt in Mar 2019, to check what is going on, status of our case, as well as my renewal EAD (6 months has passed and no approval yet). We were told that my AOS case looks good, nothing flagged, just waiting in the system queue to be scheduled for interview, at this point the officer says expect randomly being sent a notice between 30-45 days.

It is June 12 as I am writing this post, I have yet to receive any update about interview being scheduled at all. That is way beyond 30-45 days. They have also removed the Infopass Appt availability since March. Which made us unable to go in and inquire anymore. We have to call the USCIS hotline number, which when you speak with Tier 1, will literally keep repeating whatever you can find yourself online base on the Case Status, or the USCIS Processing time telling you bla bla bla that your case is not beyond normal processing time yet, just wait.

We're July 2017 Filers, already coming close to 2nd wedding anniversary by next Monday June 17. If it is not for the USCIS to mess up the first interview scheduled at wrong location (despite 4 months have passed since we updated the address), we wouldn't have to be in this mess. This tells me a lot that their system and database does not even tally. You can be filing AR-11, calling USCIS hotline to verify addresses, but the interview schedule part may still be wrong. Our attorney assured us that she has handled so many immigration cases that USCIS is always the one messes up the address when her customers moved. But a lot of time, customers complain that the attorney messes it up.

Anyway, K&M - have you attended the interview at Philly? Or did you get rescheduled? If it is the latter, has it been completed?

Hi there, Kirk&Kean!

I called the Immigration a day later after posting here on VisaJourney. I was transferred to Tier 2 and spoke with an Immigration officer who updated our address. He also gave me an advice against attending the interview in Philadelphia. The next day I sent a letter w/ proof of address change to the Philadelphia office where the interview was scheduled, asking them to cancel and transfer my case to the office that has jurisdiction over our address. I was expecting a longer wait as the Tier 2 officer said that it might be 2 to 6 months wait unless the office is not that busy. We we’re lucky as it seemed the Buffalo Office wasn’t as busy and after a couple of weeks, we received a request for an interview before mid-February. By mid-March I received my Permanent Resident Card.

I think offices in Pennsylvania are busy. I had a feeling the only reason our case moved forward and was requested for an interview was because we relocated and updated our address last December. But I could be wrong.

I understand how frustrating the wait and delay can be. Especially when you find out other applicants gets approved faster. I remember waiting and being frustrated while all the 2018 filers finally received their cards w/out an interview (I’m a 2017 filer as well). But like my husband said, there is nothing much we can do but wait patiently. (Easy for him to say, but in a way, he is right).

I’m crossing my fingers and hoping you’d hear news soon! Goodluck! 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
11 hours ago, K&M's Journey said:

Hi there, Kirk&Kean!

I called the Immigration a day later after posting here on VisaJourney. I was transferred to Tier 2 and spoke with an Immigration officer who updated our address. He also gave me an advice against attending the interview in Philadelphia. The next day I sent a letter w/ proof of address change to the Philadelphia office where the interview was scheduled, asking them to cancel and transfer my case to the office that has jurisdiction over our address. I was expecting a longer wait as the Tier 2 officer said that it might be 2 to 6 months wait unless the office is not that busy. We we’re lucky as it seemed the Buffalo Office wasn’t as busy and after a couple of weeks, we received a request for an interview before mid-February. By mid-March I received my Permanent Resident Card.

I think offices in Pennsylvania are busy. I had a feeling the only reason our case moved forward and was requested for an interview was because we relocated and updated our address last December. But I could be wrong.

I understand how frustrating the wait and delay can be. Especially when you find out other applicants gets approved faster. I remember waiting and being frustrated while all the 2018 filers finally received their cards w/out an interview (I’m a 2017 filer as well). But like my husband said, there is nothing much we can do but wait patiently. (Easy for him to say, but in a way, he is right).

I’m crossing my fingers and hoping you’d hear news soon! Goodluck! 😊

Oh wow. We did the exact same thing too writing to the Imperial County,CA Office. As a matter of fact it all happened last Dec as well. Our case have transferred out in Dec itself, and arrived in Philly office between Dec- Jan. The only diff I see between our situation is you transfer out from a busy city (Philly) to a less busy office (Buffalo). I transfer into a busy office.

In some way I am glad I am way past the possibility of getting Conditional Permanent Resident. Next Mon is our anniversary - so at this point, if the interview is being scheduled, regardless of when (July / Aug / Sep). It'll be a 10 years PR because we are married > 2 years. That'll save several hundreds $$ from filing the i-751 Removal of Conditional Permanent Resident.

Oh yeah, I totally understand your feeling of waiting and being frustrated seeing all other 2018 filers getting theirs. I have a feeling that our case is just sitting there, officers get to pick their own cases to work on lol. No one wants to pick ours to work on because it has > 400 pages to read.

We've reach out to senator, but haven't gotten any response yet. My next try is to get Ombudsman and see if they can assist me with inquiries of either my renewal EAD or the GC application. My renewal EAD is already in 8th month since I filed for it now. And I still have yet to hear any update. Pisses me off. I'll lose my job by September if I cannot get the new EAD approved or have GC on hand.

Spoiler

K1

Oct 07, 2016 - I-129F Sent | Oct 14, 2016 - NOA1
Nov 08, 2016 - NOA2 | Dec 02, 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned
Dec 09, 2016 - Case left NVC to US Embassy in KL, Malaysia | Dec 16, 2016 - Consulate in KL confirm case has been received
Dec 30, 2016 - Packet 3 Received | Jan 31, 2017 - Medical Exam & Vaccination
Mar 02, 2017 - Interview at US Embassy in KL (Interview Schedule was flexible as instructed on the Packet 3) | Mar 06, 2017 - Collect Passport at selected destination (Visa was approved on the interview day)
June 09, 2017 - Arrival in U.S. POE | June 17, 2017 - Marriage in Santa Rosa, CA - Honeymoon in SF ~ | June 28, 2017 - Officially relocated to Yuma, Arizona

Spoiler

AOS - Days including RFE pausing period |  Timeline resets to Day 1 after response of RFE | Days from filing date but exclude RFE pausing period
July 14, 2017 - Mailed AOS packet to Chicago (i-485, i-765, i-131) | July 18, 2017 - Packet Received (Day 1)  | July 24, 2017 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP  (Day 6)
July 28, 2017 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy (AoS,EAD,AP) and Biometric Appointment Letter (Day 10) | Aug 17, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Completed (Day 30)
Oct 27, 2017 - Request for Initial Evidence Letter Issued by USCIS (i-864) - RFE  (Day 101) (All cases are paused on this day, shall be resumed as soon as USCIS received response of RFIE)
Oct 30, 2017 - RFE Post-stamp date (Day 104) | Nov 2, 2017 - Received RFE Hardcopy (87 days were given to respond) (Day 107)
Nov 6, 2017 - Consultation with an Immigration Attorney (Decided to hire the Attorney to represent us to prepare the RFE(Day 111)
Jan 20, 2018 - According to our Attorney, the package is mailed out via USPS Priority Express (Day 186)
Jan 23, 2018 - Received Proof of Delivery from USPS that the package has arrived at 10:05am and signed by "M Sievers" (Day 189) (Responded by Day 86 since the Post-Stamp is dated on Oct 30)
Jan 26, 2018 - USCIS changed the  Case Status for i-485 to Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received (Day 192) (Assuming USCIS count this as official received date and reset my case - Day 1)

Mar 19, 2018 - Called the USCIS Hotline, spoke to a tier-1 USCIS Officer, explained about SRs raised not being responded despite 30 days have passed for at least 2 SRs, 3rd SR is still pending for response. Tier-1 Officer intended to forward my call to Tier-2 Officer, but due to high vol of calls, I was recommended to call back the same day 6pm or following day 8am.  (Day 244) (Day 52)

Mar 20, 2018 -  Intended to call USCIS by 8am,  but noticed I got notification about case update : EAD"We are producing your card and will mail it to you... it may take up to 120 days".  AP: "We've approved your case "Read the notice we mailed you for more information". (Day 245) (Day 53) (Day 154)
Mar 22, 2018 - Called to USCIS request for speaking to Tier-2 Officer just to check on the progress of my EAD, was told my Combo Card has been produced effectively today.Case status for EAD updated in the evening: "We mailed your card to you, The U.S. Postal Service will deliver it." Day 247) (Day 55) (Day 156) | Mar 23, 2018 - Received hardcopy NOA2 for EAD and AP. (Day 248) (Day 56) (Day 157)
Mar 24, 2018 - Surprised to find my EAD AP Combo Card arrived at the mailbox, Yay! (Day 249) (Day 57) (Day 158) | June 11, 2018 - Filed AR-11 Change Of Address via online system (along with case receipt number) due to relocation (Day 328) (Day 136) (Day 237)
June 12, 2018 - Called USCIS to verify address, 15-30 days for the new address to be reflected into their system and I should expect an email/mail update. (Day 329) (Day 137) (Day 238)
June 13, 2018 - Sponsor has to file Form i-866 Change Of Address due to the i-865 form was filed with the old address, mail it to the address indicated on the website. (Day 330) (Day 138) (Day 239)
Sep 25, 2018 - Mailed EAD/AP Renewal Package via USPS to Chicago. (Day 434) (Day 242) (Day 343)
Oct 4, 2018 - AOS status change to - Interview was being scheduled on Oct 4, 2018. I truly believe this is due to the EAD/AP Renewal triggered them to look into when was my AOS filing date. (Day 443) (Day 251) (Day 352)
Oct 19, 2018 - Scheduled InfoPass Appointment in local field office (Philadelphia), check with Officer why is our interview scheduled at former address, was told we did our part, filed change of address on time, everything in system shows up correct, he has no idea why but told us to go ahead and mail a letter to the interview location field office (Imperial County, CA - closer to Yuma,AZ our former address). (Day 458) (Day 266) (Day 367)
Oct 22, 2018 - Mailed off the letter to the field office which have our initial green card interview appointment, to request for transfer of case. (Day 461) (Day 269) (Day 370). Field Office Imperial County received our letter on Oct 25. (Day 464) (Day 272) (Day 373).
Oct 30, 2018 - Call USCIS hotline number spoke to Tier 1 CSRep, request to file a Service Request for transfer of our case due to wrong state of residency and jurisdiction. SR filed via phone. (Day 469) (Day 277) (Day 378).
Nov 8,  2018 - Infopass appt with FieldOffice(Philly), verify case transfer. Was told our file has left Arizona since Nov 5, 2018, en-route to Philly. Was told Interview scheduling = first come first serve basis. May delay up to 6-8months. (Day 478) (Day 286) (Day 387).
Jun 14, 2019 - No news on AOS despite being told in Mar19 that we should expect interview scheduled letter, however, after filing 2 SRs of beyond normal processing time for EAD-Renewal - on this date, case status updated to New Card is being produced. (Day 696) (Day 504) (Day 605).

Jul 12, 2019 - Noticed of Interview Prepared and Mailed Out (We did not get any Case Stats Update). (Day 724) (Day 532) (Day 633). Jul 22, 2019 - Interview Letter appeared in our Mailbox suddenly, after I filed for beyond normal processing time a week ago.(Day 734) (Day 542) (Day 643).
Aug 12, 2019 - Interview Date - within 5 minutes of entering the Room, nicely greeted by a very friendly officer, she told us she already liked us by reading our case, she mention it is an easy approve for us (Brought new i-693MedExam as mine is expired). (Day 755) (Day 563) (Day 664).
Aug 21, 2019 - AOS Case Status updated to Approved + Ordered New Card Production. (Day 764) (Day 572) (Day 673). Aug 24, 2019 - Received Hardcopy of NOA 2 Approval Notice for AOS(Day 767) (Day 575) (Day 676).
Aug 27, 2019 - GC shows up at USPS Informed Delivery shows Expected Delivery Date on Aug 29. (Day 773) (Day 581) (Day 682). 
Aug 28, 2019 - GC arrived a day early than the expected delivery date. (Issued date is 8/21 - best birthday gift ever!!) (Day 774) (Day 582) (Day 683)

• 8 months later...

So, I'm not competent in this matter, I wonder how you solved this problem?

As for me, I can share information on how to move more easily. We used to make a big mistake and move without the help of anyone, we did everything ourselves. It was very difficult and we spent a lot of nerves and effort on moving. Then a friend advised to contact the man and van, who helps with the move. They arrived with their moving materials and boxes, helped us pack our stuff and moved them without damage. This is very convenient. Since then, the idea of moving doesn't give us a headache. But I don't know anything about taxes and documentation.

Edited by AlBrown252

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.