John951

Birth Certificate name different

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

After speaking about this with my wife, she says name changes are common. People will change them because they don’t like the old one, for reasons of luck and so on.  They are only required to request a name change through their Amphur. So there is a paper trail.  My wife said one of her friends changed her name 3 times because of luck.  

K-1 Visa Timeline

2016.08.11 - Mailed I-129f to USCIS

2016.08.12 - I-129 Received by USCIS

2016.08.16 - Received NOA1 via Txt Message

2016.08.18 - Received NOA1 I-797C via USPS

2016.09.21 - Received NOA2 via Txt Message (35 days)

2016.09.26 - Received NOA2 Hard copy via USPS

2016.10.06 - Received Case number from NVC

2016.10.12 - Case in Transit from NVC to BKK Embassy

2016.10.15 - Case Received by Consulate

2016.10.19 - Status changed from Transit to Ready

2016.10.20 - Packet 3 Sent to Consulate via Post

2016.10.25 - Packet 4 received from Consulate (Interview scheduled 11/15/16)

2016.11.02 - Medical Exam completed

2016.11.15 - Visa Approved!! (90 Days)

2016.11.17 - Visa received via Thai Post

2016.11.30 - Arrived in the USA!! POE: Chicago

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sfcscott said:

After speaking about this with my wife, she says name changes are common. People will change them because they don’t like the old one, for reasons of luck and so on.  They are only required to request a name change through their Amphur. So there is a paper trail.  My wife said one of her friends changed her name 3 times because of luck.  

GF said her aunt changed her name 5 times haha

Timeline

My fiancee has a different first name on the birth cert than the passport and she also has the name change certificate.    You need to send that in with your  i-129F application.

image.thumb.png.5f2250bc08e24da5196cd8f23b4a9c9a.png  

Timeline
21 hours ago, DanielPlainview said:

My fiancee has a different first name on the birth cert than the passport and she also has the name change certificate.    You need to send that in with your  i-129F application.

image.thumb.png.5f2250bc08e24da5196cd8f23b4a9c9a.png  

We are not submitting under a different name from the supporting docs , it's the same name on the passport and her Thai i.d. card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.