DktrFaustus

K1 Embassy Interview checklist and clarification needed.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everybody, sorry for all the posts today. I've been drowning in information and trying to get things sorted for my interview on 30/10. I even cried off work sick this afternoon so I could pull things together. This is too important to screw up.

I just want to try and clarify once and for all that I have the right stuff, and if there's anything else I need. Right now, I have the following:

Passport (expires in 2022).

Passport photo(s).

Police Certificate (acquired September 2018).

Long form birth certificate that has my parents' names on etc (I didn't know I needed this until today. My local registrar has been able to issue it to me within an hour for £30. Isn't modern life great?).

I'm not adopted, nor previously married, nor a father, have no criminal record and have never been in the military, so all of that stuff doesn't apply to me.

DS-160 submission confirmation page (the one with your photo and basic details you get when you submit that form). Similarly there was an email I received after booking my interview that they said to print off, so I have that too.

A letter from my fiancee's new/current employer. This letter (with letterhead etc) confirms her employment, her role/title, her salary and start date, and is signed by the HR manager.

Payslips from her old employer from February 2018 to October 2018, covering the entire period since we submitted our original petition (which was January 28th, 2018). We sent plenty of prior payslips and bank statements along with our original petition in January too.

I-134: Now, here's where I am a little confused. We sent an I-134 with our original petition, as my fiancee was also my sponsor. I have a copy of the entire petition in my home in the UK. The I-134 we sent in January was signed, by hand, by my fiancee. Is this enough for the Embassy?

Letters/statements of intent: Similar to the above, we sent along our statements of intent, of which I have copies of in my files at home. Will these also be enough? Our NOA2 date was September 21st, so there is no issue in terms of expiration or a certain amount of time having passed.

Is there anything I am missing or not understanding? Our original petition was absolutely chock full of payslips, bank statements, relationship evidence etc. I feel I have a great deal of information for the Embassy too. I would be grateful if anybody can take a look at this post and let me know if I'm missing or have forgotten something.

Many thanks, you guys are great.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Did you pay the visa fee? Take the receipt.

Yes I paid online when I booked it. That will be the email I printed off alongside the DS-160 confirmation page that I mentioned above.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
18 minutes ago, DktrFaustus said:

Hey everybody, sorry for all the posts today. I've been drowning in information and trying to get things sorted for my interview on 30/10. I even cried off work sick this afternoon so I could pull things together. This is too important to screw up.

May I just yell at you for a minute?

"This is too important to screw up" ??!?!?

Then why the bloody 'ell didn't you carefully read your instructions from London, specifically "Required Documents"  instead of charging ahead in such a rush to beat the system and make appointments. I posted those instructions to you on September 19.  Supporting Documents is Step 2, not the week of your interview. 

I think you have received good advice prior OP. But just to point out there was absolutely no need to send the I-134 and financial evidence in with your I-129F. No where is this required, the USCIS wouldn't want it, and it likely went in the shredder. You would need to bring the I-134 and financial evidence with you to the interview. If it's not got a recent date/signature on it, they may demand a fresh one.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
36 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I think you have received good advice prior OP. But just to point out there was absolutely no need to send the I-134 and financial evidence in with your I-129F. No where is this required, the USCIS wouldn't want it, and it likely went in the shredder. You would need to bring the I-134 and financial evidence with you to the interview. If it's not got a recent date/signature on it, they may demand a fresh one.

My fiancee is my sponsor, if that makes any difference. She works in the law, and we received all our help from a colleague of hers who had plenty of experience with K1. We followed her advice to the letter. Not that I'm discounting what you've said, just running you through our justification for it.

We are gonna go ahead and do a new one anyway, I think. She has since moved jobs and home, so it makes sense. I have months worth of pay slips and the employment letter too, so it should all be good. Thanks for your advice/input :)

4 hours ago, DktrFaustus said:

My fiancee is my sponsor, if that makes any difference. She works in the law, and we received all our help from a colleague of hers who had plenty of experience with K1. We followed her advice to the letter. Not that I'm discounting what you've said, just running you through our justification for it.

We are gonna go ahead and do a new one anyway, I think. She has since moved jobs and home, so it makes sense. I have months worth of pay slips and the employment letter too, so it should all be good. Thanks for your advice/input :)

Well, I've been here quite a few years, been through the process myself, have helped others, and was helped by some of the oldest members on this forum... not sure how that stacks up to a law colleague. ;-) If there's one thing we consistently see on this forum is lawyers that give routinely bad or misinformed advice. I can guarantee to you that none of that stuff was needed to be sent in with your I-129F. The instructions are clear on that subject.

When will it be needed? At your interview of course... it says so in the instructions and is also covered on the guides here. You're also going to need a different financial form and even more financial evidence after you marry and file for AOS and that's when it will be sent in to the USCIS.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.