ItchyKneeSon

Affidavit of Support - Joint Sponsor Income Calculation

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, suss6052 said:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2555ez.pdf

So your federal tax liability was zero, but your income will also not likely continue in the USA anyway and is thus irrelevant unless being used to qualify on assets, hence the need for a joint sponsor in your filing for your wife. 

Thank you.
So, they're only worried about domestic income (past and present) unless the current foreign income will continue after relocating to the US.
Current liquid assets are quite relevant, though.  

On 11/11/2018 at 9:55 AM, pushbrk said:

Yes, it IS the case because this is "tax return" information.  It IS, what it IS.  When it comes to tax returns, you supply a tax return transcript OR a complete copy of tax return including W2 and 1099 forms associated with the return, not just one of the individuals.  If your father is still living and married to your mother, the best practice would be for him to provide an I-864a as her household member.

Most pay stubs show year to date income, so only the most current pay stub is needed from each job.

Your tax return section and current income are all zero.

Thank you.  I'll include my $0 transcripts and write-in "zero" on line 24.a. 
(I was going to include all three years, but if they'll all just show '$0' anyhow, it shouldn't matter, right?)
24.a.  Most Recent   | 2017 |     $ | zero |
24.b.  2nd Mo. Rec.  | N/A   |     $ | N/A  |
24.c.  3rd Mo. Rec.   | N/A   |     $ | N/A  |

Would there be any benefit to having all 3 years with a $0 value?

My income will cease prior to moving back to the US.  So, no beans there.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:14 AM, pushbrk said:

If you put any other number than zero in the tax section, you will be incorrectly completing the form.  It really is as simple as that.

Thank you.  Understood.

Also, I thought I had sent this response previously.  But when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago, it was staring me in the face.  I thought it was strange that there weren't any other replies.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, ItchyKneeSon said:

Also, I thought I had sent this response previously.  But when I opened my laptop a few minutes ago, it was staring me in the face.  I thought it was strange that there weren't any other replies.

Although it is not important to me, it is not at all unusual for me to have the "last word".  No worries. 😉

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

A) I'm trying to piece-together the AOS packet and am wondering about the order of the documents that accompany the i-864.
I know there's a designated order laid out on the cover sheet.  But logically, I want to keep the documents that accompany my i-864 form immediately after my form i-864, but before the joint sponsor's i-864, and the household member's i-864a.  
Should it be stacked like this...
cover sheet/
[supporting documents]/
i-864 (petitioner/sponsor)/
i-864 (joint sponsor)/
i-864a (household member)/
proof of US status (sponsor)/

proof of domicile (sponsor)/
forms W-2 (joint sponsor)/
forms W-2 (household member)/
IRS tax transcripts (sponsor)/

B) Also, is it recommended to use regular/wire paper clips to hold groups of related documents together and one big 'jaw' clip to keep everything together?  Someone also recommended tabbing the bottom of each item in the packet with a mini Post-It note to make it easy to find something specific.  

Below is my original i-130 packet.  The tabs are on the side here, but I put them on the bottom before shipping it out.
Everything was held together with a big black clip.
IMG_20171016_154717.thumb.jpg.5083813e625ed5fca8ad0cd7776520c1.jpg
Would this be helpful/appreciated by the NVC staff?
It's been helpful for me in keeping track of what's what around my place.

Regards,

Itchy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.