Pbchief2

flying in for interview

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We are going to Hong Kong but they don’t have CFO stickers because the stickers are attached to their visas which they don’t have. I am wondering what kind of issues they may have just going to Hong Kong for a long weekend. 

Enjoy Hong Kong, I took my son and fiance there when I brought him to meet her. We had a great time, but were oh so tired by the second day. Didn't make it out to Macau. Next time. We're on a mission to get to all Disneyland's before he graduates. Three down, Three to go, plus a cruise...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you left the Philippines with her before? Immigration did stop us and led her away to be questioned. The officer looked at pics and even checked out our conversations on messenger, she then topd her to remind me that I was to take good care of her.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, wyn123 said:

On this same topic, my fiance is in Manila and was not allowed to fly recently to meet me in Taiwan even though she already had a passport. They would only let her leave country if I came to Manila first.  Once she gets Visa, i hope for her to be able to purchase a one way ticket to the USA. Do you think she will be denied from leaving Philippines again even with Visa?

Your comment is sort of vague.

Did she have a round trip ticket or one way?    Who stopped her from flying?     <  they would have told her why she was denied 

She does not have her visa so a CFO sticker is not needed.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Pbchief2 said:

Have you left the Philippines with her before? Immigration did stop us and led her away to be questioned. The officer looked at pics and even checked out our conversations on messenger, she then topd her to remind me that I was to take good care of her.

This will be our first trip out of the Philippines together. I think we will go there very early just in case. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

8 hours ago, John & Rose said:

This will be our first trip out of the Philippines together. I think we will go there very early just in case. 

Thinking of tripwires, do the kids require their father's written permission to leave?

Finally done.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Talako said:

Thinking of tripwires, do the kids require their father's written permission to leave?

Ummm.  We are speaking of the Philippines here.

YMMV

13 minutes ago, Talako said:

No.  In the Philippines the mother gets full custody.  We will let him know but she is their legal guardian.  

I am worried about all the other stuff.  I know they need to pay the travel tax but I am wondering what else is going to happen.  They have no visa so they don't need CFO but there is always that "gotcha" waiting.  We will try to plan ahead.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No.  In the Philippines the mother gets full custody.  We will let him know but she is their legal guardian.  

I am worried about all the other stuff.  I know they need to pay the travel tax but I am wondering what else is going to happen.  They have no visa so they don't need CFO but there is always that "gotcha" waiting.  We will try to plan ahead.

TT and the airport terminal fee 

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

TT and the airport terminal fee 

I think the terminal fee is included in Manila. I know I had to pay it in Davao. 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I think the terminal fee is included in Manila. I know I had to pay it in Davao. 

Included in what?  I pay 750 php every time I leave at the desk right after check in.   Travel tax is  1620php and might be in the ticket price.   Nobody is exempt from the term fee

YMMV

9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Included in what?  I pay 750 php every time I leave at the desk right after check in.   Travel tax is  1620php and might be in the ticket price.   Nobody is exempt from the term fee

I have never paid anything in my 10 trips to and from Manila. I was surprised that I had to in Davao.  The travel tax I know about. They will have to pay that but I won’t since I am not a Philippine citizen.

The Terminal fee is included in the ticket price to and from Manila 

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

39 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yeah, I looked it up, and its not an issue.  I was just thinking out loud as to what level stupid you might encounter.

Finally done.

14 hours ago, Pbchief2 said:

Enjoy Hong Kong, I took my son and fiance there when I brought him to meet her. We had a great time, but were oh so tired by the second day. Didn't make it out to Macau. Next time. We're on a mission to get to all Disneyland's before he graduates. Three down, Three to go, plus a cruise...

We are doing Disneyland on Saturday the 24th.  We go back to Manila on Sunday.  We are also doing Thanksgiving dinner at Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill in Hong Kong on Thanksgiving.  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.