josie125

I864A/I864 I've mad more than the income requirement this year however since tax season is not yet, do they count that or my previous tax as my previous tax years I made WAY below the required income.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Household member and sponsor agreement. my mom is filing for my two brothers and once needs the I864 and since my mom has no income i am filing the I864A. however in previous 3 tax years, i have made below the amount however this year i am making over the amount required to sponsor. Does NVC look at your previous tax as your income or can they take what i've already made this year? As long as I provide proof?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Your CURRENT income is used to calculate the qualification for support.  However, you must submit all required documents.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

9 minutes ago, josie125 said:

Household member and sponsor agreement. my mom is filing for my two brothers and once needs the I864 and since my mom has no income i am filing the I864A. however in previous 3 tax years, i have made below the amount however this year i am making over the amount required to sponsor. Does NVC look at your previous tax as your income or can they take what i've already made this year? As long as I provide proof?

Well, why did you income go up? Did you get a new job or something? The reason I ask is, because in some cases, for example, if you were a student and last year you make $5000. But this year you graduated and have a full time job with $50-60,000 salary. That’s completely normal, and they will be fine. However, they’re allowed to look at the totality of circumstances and this year the only reason your income went over the line becuase you had a bonus or you had a temporary second job or something and there is expectation that you can carry this amount of income into the future, then they can question that.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

Well, why did you income go up? Did you get a new job or something? The reason I ask is, because in some cases, for example, if you were a student and last year you make $5000. But this year you graduated and have a full time job with $50-60,000 salary. That’s completely normal, and they will be fine. However, they’re allowed to look at the totality of circumstances and this year the only reason your income went over the line becuase you had a bonus or you had a temporary second job or something and there is expectation that you can carry this amount of income into the future, then they can question that.

i got a new job and i am also a student. I have already made over the amount already and still making enough this year. what are the required documents? i also got two raise

Timeline
23 minutes ago, missileman said:

Your CURRENT income is used to calculate the qualification for support.  However, you must submit all required documents.

what are the required documents? besides the previous tax year. can i just submit all my pay stubs this year? the thing is also i cut down my hours since i'm in school now but by next year i'll be a nurse and i'll make twice as much as i'm making now but i don't believe that'll count anyways

15 minutes ago, josie125 said:

what are the required documents? 

Similar situation here and we got case complete last week. 

We did a covering letter with 6 months of payslips. 

Covering letter:

NVC case# LND*******

Petitioner ******* earnings are higher in 2018 than
2017 enclosed within this document are 6 months of payslips
showing Current estimated individual income specified at Part6.
Section 7 of Form I-864
Estimated Current income calculation for 2018:
Year to date gross pay $*****.25 (9 Months)
$*****.35 ÷ 9 x 12 = $******.33

Thats what we did. Might not work for you but our i-864 passed

People say get a letter from the HR department but we didn't. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, josie125 said:

what are the required documents? besides the previous tax year. can i just submit all my pay stubs this year? the thing is also i cut down my hours since i'm in school now but by next year i'll be a nurse and i'll make twice as much as i'm making now but i don't believe that'll count anyways

The instructions are pretty specific about what you MUST submit and what you MAY submit:  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Personally, I would include supporting evidence of current income. "Item Number 7. Current Individual Annual Income. Type or print your current, individual, earned or retirement, annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this affidavit and indicate the total in the space provided. You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months."

I am not an I-864 expert, but I do know that these forms are literal in nature as far as documentation requirements.  Good Luck.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, thatguyuknow said:

Similar situation here and we got case complete last week. 

We did a covering letter with 6 months of payslips. 

Covering letter:

NVC case# LND*******

Petitioner ******* earnings are higher in 2018 than
2017 enclosed within this document are 6 months of payslips
showing Current estimated individual income specified at Part6.
Section 7 of Form I-864
Estimated Current income calculation for 2018:
Year to date gross pay $*****.25 (9 Months)
$*****.35 ÷ 9 x 12 = $******.33

Thats what we did. Might not work for you but our i-864 passed

People say get a letter from the HR department but we didn't. 

i will definetly do that, thank you so much!!! 

2 hours ago, missileman said:

The instructions are pretty specific about what you MUST submit and what you MAY submit:  https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Personally, I would include supporting evidence of current income. "Item Number 7. Current Individual Annual Income. Type or print your current, individual, earned or retirement, annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this affidavit and indicate the total in the space provided. You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a U.S. Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer’s address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stubs showing your income for the previous six months."

I am not an I-864 expert, but I do know that these forms are literal in nature as far as documentation requirements.  Good Luck.

thank you! 

Timeline

Keep in mind that the CO can still ask for another sponsor....good luck in your Nursing career.  It is a great profession.

Timeline
9 hours ago, missileman said:

Keep in mind that the CO can still ask for another sponsor....good luck in your Nursing career.  It is a great profession.

thank you very much!

9 hours ago, missileman said:

thank you very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, missileman said:

Item Number 7. Current Individual Annual Income. Type or print your current, individual, earned or retirement, annual income that you are using to meet the requirements of this affidavit and indicate the total in the space provided.

So does annual income include social security, rental income, and IRA withdrawals, proven property ownership in Brazil?  My social security alone will not qualify for 125% of the poverty level.

Edited by James D
Adding information

51 minutes ago, James D said:

So does annual income include social security, rental income, and IRA withdrawals, proven property ownership in Brazil?  My social security alone will not qualify for 125% of the poverty level.

Yes, include you worldwide income. The IRS wants to tax you on your worldwide income, so that's what you report. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
42 minutes ago, kid1412 said:

Yes, include you worldwide income. The IRS wants to tax you on your worldwide income, so that's what you report. 

The IRS knows no bounds:jest:

the-irs-will-survive-nuclear-armageddon-

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, josie125 said:

Your current income is going to be considered, all u need to do is ask ur employer to write  a letter on company's letter head indicating your hourly wages and current gross income and submit the copy or the orignal one along with ur  i 864 , you ll be fine and good luck 😊

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.