msham

Passport Return: Canada Post strike

326 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, msham said:

Yep. Interview was the 17th. I'm also wondering why they didn't say anything at the window unless they just didn't know.

If your interview was in the morning (Mine was at 8am), I don't think they knew about the strike yet.

I honestly would have extended my trip for a few days just to pick it up in person if there was an option to do so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, SR_CAN said:

If your interview was in the morning (Mine was at 8am), I don't think they knew about the strike yet.

I honestly would have extended my trip for a few days just to pick it up in person if there was an option to do so.

We were there until Friday. I definitely would have made a second walk over to the consulate to pick it up and avoid any possible confusions or delays.

You would think if the Embassy is making that public knowledge that they would have received some sort of notice the day before, but who knows. We're all at their mercy.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, msham said:

We were there until Friday. I definitely would have made a second walk over to the consulate to pick it up and avoid any possible confusions or delays.

You would think if the Embassy is making that public knowledge that they would have received some sort of notice the day before, but who knows. We're all at their mercy.

That would have worked out perfectly for you - Approval + passport pickup before heading home to prepare for your move.

I know...I'm surprised they didn't say anything to us before we left. But maybe our passports were prepared and sent out before they changed mail carriers? Or we were in the first batch to get sent out using the new mail carrier? Who knows... all we can do is wait🤞

Edited by SR_CAN

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mevora said:

I wonder if any one have received notice of Passport shipping since 16th or every one is waiting ?

I went through pretty much everyone's timelines for the interview dates to see when most on here received their visa for October 10th and 3rd interviews. The two October 10th timelines haven't updated that they've received yet, not sure if that's bad news or not, and two of the 3 October 3rd interviews updated that they received visa in 6 days (3rd timeline hasn't been updated).

Still haven't heard back from consulate after emailing, which is a little unusual for them because they have responded to every other email within 1 business day.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, msham said:

I went through pretty much everyone's timelines for the interview dates to see when most on here received their visa for October 10th and 3rd interviews. The two October 10th timelines haven't updated that they've received yet, not sure if that's bad news or not, and two of the 3 October 3rd interviews updated that they received visa in 6 days (3rd timeline hasn't been updated).

Still haven't heard back from consulate after emailing, which is a little unusual for them because they have responded to every other email within 1 business day.

Update to this... one of the 10/10/2018 interviews said they received passport a week after interview.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, msham said:

Update to this... one of the 10/10/2018 interviews said they received passport a week after interview.

I read a thread with applicants who were also in the same position as us but in 2016. They were all waiting for their passports during the strike too and received tracking numbers about 6-7 days after their interview. Also, @MariahK talked to a postal worker today and she said the strike could be over at midnight

Timeline

Also, I'm assuming our CEAC trackers are all the same? It says "Issued and last updated October 18" 

My ais profile (where we scheduled interviews) hasn't been updated yet. @msham

Timeline
3 hours ago, Soubz said:

I had my interview on October 18th. My status changed to Issued-final processing on October 22nd. I called the number on the sheet I was given yesterday and was told to wait till the end of the week and phone back. No emails or anything yet. 

Did you sign up for home delivery or pick up via courier? Thanks for the update!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.