Ahmed&Freda

Update - Our interview today

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Luckystar78 said:

Hmmm, hopefuly it is a good sign. So frustrating, especially on your case, by your second interview you think they would have all the info they needed by now. 😤

InshaAllah!  It is very odd we both had updates USA time.  

I would have totally understood this AP/questionnaire  due to the fact my husband is from Quetta and has a very common name but its unfortunate our case had to be reaffirmed before going through this process.    We pray daily over this and know in our hearts everything will be OK.

Timeline
On 11/26/2018 at 7:40 PM, Luckystar78 said:

Hmmm, hopefuly it is a good sign. So frustrating, especially on your case, by your second interview you think they would have all the info they needed by now. 😤

Assalamualaikum,

How did your husbands interview go?  Was it at the window or the room? 

This interview was very easy but there was a lot of confusion before the interview began.   I sometimes wonder if the confusion that the embassy caused themselves is another reason for the AP.  They were very ill prepared and at one point my husband was asked what he was doing there.  As if they were confused on why he showed up.  It was very odd.   We also watched someone else look over our file for over an hour before handing it to the gentleman a few windows down.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Assalamualaikum,

How did your husbands interview go?  Was it at the window or the room? 

This interview was very easy but there was a lot of confusion before the interview began.   I sometimes wonder if the confusion that the embassy caused themselves is another reason for the AP.  They were very ill prepared and at one point my husband was asked what he was doing there.  As if they were confused on why he showed up.  It was very odd.   We also watched someone else look over our file for over an hour before handing it to the gentleman a few windows down.  

First he was at the window and a woman interviewed him with simple questions then he was told to sit and they will call him again. He was then interviewed in the room where an American man and Pakistani man both interviewed him. The American man first asked him questions about how we met, why he fell in love with me then about my work and my salary. What his family thought about our marriage. Then the two men spoke privately then the Pakistani man made a comment to my husband telling him that the American man wanted to salute him, he was confused if he was serious or making fun of him. Then Pakistani man started interviewing him and was more interrogating asking him same questions over and over and saying if he lies they will refuse him. At the end they said they were keeping his passport and his original birth certificate, the also kept my original divorce papers. They were keeping our photo album but the Pakistani told the other to return it to him. He was told to sit back down they could not tell him decision yet. Then after a while he was called to the window and told he was going to administrative processing and given the white form. I was not at the interview with him because I could not get off from work since he only had 2 weeks notice of his interview date.

In your situation I agree, they obviously messed up somewhere they should have reviewed everything before the interview date. By them not knowing why he was there shows something was wrong in their system.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Luckystar78 said:

First he was at the window and a woman interviewed him with simple questions then he was told to sit and they will call him again. He was then interviewed in the room where an American man and Pakistani man both interviewed him. The American man first asked him questions about how we met, why he fell in love with me then about my work and my salary. What his family thought about our marriage. Then the two men spoke privately then the Pakistani man made a comment to my husband telling him that the American man wanted to salute him, he was confused if he was serious or making fun of him. Then Pakistani man started interviewing him and was more interrogating asking him same questions over and over and saying if he lies they will refuse him. At the end they said they were keeping his passport and his original birth certificate, the also kept my original divorce papers. They were keeping our photo album but the Pakistani told the other to return it to him. He was told to sit back down they could not tell him decision yet. Then after a while he was called to the window and told he was going to administrative processing and given the white form. I was not at the interview with him because I could not get off from work since he only had 2 weeks notice of his interview date.

In your situation I agree, they obviously messed up somewhere they should have reviewed everything before the interview date. By them not knowing why he was there shows something was wrong in their system.

Our first interview was similar but in the end we were told they were returning our case.   It was a very tough and exhausting interview.  This one was way more relaxed.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

Because they left us wait until the end of the day,  I was asked to submit my agreement (split of properties from my prior marriage) I have no idea why they would need that.  We were asked only questions about the divorce (which we have been through before our case was returned because of my husbands divorce being in question).  And in the end given a questionnaire that is given "randomly".  

I would have felt completely normal about it if it was my first interview...but after getting reaffirmed it makes me feel like they "chose" him for this questionnaire.  

I'm a human and I feel...after everything I have been through trying to bring my husband home I think its just a normal to feel picked on when you get hit with another road block.  There are many people who have gone through the same embassy and have not had the same trouble its difficult for me to understand why us.

Sorry if I sound overly emotional but in my shoes I'm sure you would have felt the same.

At my husband's interview 99% of the questions were to me about my divorce. No one is playing games. Pakistan is by far the most difficult consulate to get a visa from because of the high percentage of fraud. You can blame the people before you who abused the system for the difficulty, not the consulate officers. They're just doing their job.

Timeline
9 hours ago, scarlett262004 said:

I’m so sorry you are still going through this. I hope your husband gets to be here with you soon. 

Thank you!  We are trying to stay positive some days of course are better than others..lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.