Ahmed&Freda

Update - Our interview today

37 posts in this topic

It all sounds positive to me. But, I agree with you... the waiting is terrible.

I wish for the best! ;)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

20 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

So our interview was scheduled for 8am but they had us wait until we were the last ones there.   I could tell by the moment we arrived there was confusion at one point my husband was asked by someone behind the counter why he was there.   At last I can see a woman with our file behind window 26 we were sure she was going to be giving our interview.  She was looking and looking through our papers.   She kept leaving the window and going back to talk to others in the office then finally she passed the file to someone else.  Finally we were called to window 28.  The gentleman was very nice and kept apologizing.  He asked for my divorce papers which I gave him a certified copy I had made from my courthouse.   He asked if I had the agreement part of the divorce  not just the final decree (I thought this was especially odd since no  where ever have I seen anyone asked for this) which I had in the file as I sent it to NVC and brought copies of everything I sent previously with us.  He asked my husband mostly questions about his divorce AGAIN.  Just a few easy questions and he was finished.

He hands us a 221g generic slip with just the administrative processing part checked and said we would be receiving a questionnaire that will need to be sent back.

Now I know this is something that happens a lot to Pakistani men going through the interview process but it doesn't happen to everyone.  It's extremely disheartening considering everything we have gone through getting refused last year rebut it and then now getting stuck in the infamous black hole.   I can't help but feel like this embassy is playing games.   They don't like that they were proven wrong and want to make it difficult for us.   I knew there was a possibility of this happening but it didn't make it hurt any less.  We have been through so much leaving that embassy not knowing what is going to happen with our case was extremely painful.  We walked into the embassy with high hopes but walked away feeling depressed not knowing if this can take a month, 6 months or a year more has been really hard to swallow.

Thanks to all the messages I received today I just don't have time to respond to them all at the moment.  

~Freda

Hey Freda--You don't have to justify your feelings to people on here who have not gone through what we have gone through. They have no idea how the Islamabad Embassy harasses people and were not there. It hurts to hear people's flippant remarks on here who think we are some kind of person who imagines conspiracies. They should go through what we have gone through. THEN they can know how it is/was at that embassy. Those who have been hassling for 2, 3, 4, 5 years know the truth. Hang in there, the embassy can't make us give up.

Edited by Love To Teach

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 10:54 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

So our interview was scheduled for 8am but they had us wait until we were the last ones there.   I could tell by the moment we arrived there was confusion at one point my husband was asked by someone behind the counter why he was there.   At last I can see a woman with our file behind window 26 we were sure she was going to be giving our interview.  She was looking and looking through our papers.   She kept leaving the window and going back to talk to others in the office then finally she passed the file to someone else.  Finally we were called to window 28.  The gentleman was very nice and kept apologizing.  He asked for my divorce papers which I gave him a certified copy I had made from my courthouse.   He asked if I had the agreement part of the divorce  not just the final decree (I thought this was especially odd since no  where ever have I seen anyone asked for this) which I had in the file as I sent it to NVC and brought copies of everything I sent previously with us.  He asked my husband mostly questions about his divorce AGAIN.  Just a few easy questions and he was finished.

He hands us a 221g generic slip with just the administrative processing part checked and said we would be receiving a questionnaire that will need to be sent back.

Now I know this is something that happens a lot to Pakistani men going through the interview process but it doesn't happen to everyone.  It's extremely disheartening considering everything we have gone through getting refused last year rebut it and then now getting stuck in the infamous black hole.   I can't help but feel like this embassy is playing games.   They don't like that they were proven wrong and want to make it difficult for us.   I knew there was a possibility of this happening but it didn't make it hurt any less.  We have been through so much leaving that embassy not knowing what is going to happen with our case was extremely painful.  We walked into the embassy with high hopes but walked away feeling depressed not knowing if this can take a month, 6 months or a year more has been really hard to swallow.

Thanks to all the messages I received today I just don't have time to respond to them all at the moment.  

~Freda

So sorry this happen to both.  My husband and I were at that same infamous window 28, as well as keeping us til the end.  I noticed this window was used for cases they planned to give a tough time to.  They refused our cr1, at our interview on 10/15 and told us to appeal. We applied for k1 in 2016 and refused after being in AP.   It's all so painful and difficult.  Only to realize the road ahead will be long.  We won't give up either.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:30 AM, Donna Ali said:

So sorry this happen to both.  My husband and I were at that same infamous window 28, as well as keeping us til the end.  I noticed this window was used for cases they planned to give a tough time to.  They refused our cr1, at our interview on 10/15 and told us to appeal. We applied for k1 in 2016 and refused after being in AP.   It's all so painful and difficult.  Only to realize the road ahead will be long.  We won't give up either.

What reason did they give you? People that are treated horribly at that embassy MUST start filing complaints.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

What reason did they give you? People that are treated horribly at that embassy MUST start filing complaints.

Saying were fraud marriage.  No matter what we say or evidence didn't matter.  

5 hours ago, Donna Ali said:

Saying were fraud marriage.  No matter what we say or evidence didn't matter.  

So tired of people getting screwed over there. I hope you file a formal complaint like we did.

Timeline

Just to share a positive experience out of ISB embassy .. dont mean to highjack thread but just to uplift people

my wife's visa was approved the same day of the interview ( Feb 2018 ) ... when we came back from the embassy online status showed approved ... it went to AP for like an hour and then went to approved

my wife is here with me now

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

Just to share a positive experience out of ISB embassy .. dont mean to highjack thread but just to uplift people

my wife's visa was approved the same day of the interview ( Feb 2018 ) ... when we came back from the embassy online status showed approved ... it went to AP for like an hour and then went to approved

my wife is here with me now

yes..Bro but you and your wife are both Pakistani, you petitioned for her and are not previously divorced.  If others have that same scenario and all documents are in order I agree they should be fine.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 10:54 AM, Ahmed&Freda said:

o our interview was scheduled for 8am but they had us wait until we were the last ones there.   I could tell by the moment we arrived there was confusion at one point my husband was asked by someone behind the counter why he was there.   At last I can see a woman with our file behind window 26 we were sure she was going to be giving our interview.  She was looking and looking through our papers.   She kept leaving the window and going back to talk to others in the office then finally she passed the file to someone else.  Finally we were called to window 28.  The gentleman was very nice and kept apologizing.  He asked for my divorce papers which I gave him a certified copy I had made from my courthouse.   He asked if I had the agreement part of the divorce  not just the final decree (I thought this was especially odd since no  where ever have I seen anyone asked for this) which I had in the file as I sent it to NVC and brought copies of everything I sent previously with us.  He asked my husband mostly questions about his divorce AGAIN.  Just a few easy questions and he was finished.

~Freda

Salam sister 

did you received any type of update after the interview? 

We kind of in same  situation  please let me know

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Tarakazmi10001 said:

Salam sister 

did you received any type of update after the interview? 

We kind of in same  situation  please let me know

Wa Alaikum Salam,

We received he questionnaire on the 30th and returned it the same day.   Our  case updated on Ceac the 30th, 31st, 1st, 2nd and 6th but has been quite lately.  My senator will contact them on the 60 day mark.  As of now we are just waiting. 

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Freda

Have you had any more updates? Our case was updated for 4 days in a row after submitting the Questioner back to the embassy, then on Nov 19 we got date updated but at 4pm California time and none since then. All updates have been during the embassy business hours except for this last one.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Luckystar78 said:

Hello Freda

Have you had any more updates? Our case was updated for 4 days in a row after submitting the Questioner back to the embassy, then on Nov 19 we got date updated but at 4pm California time and none since then. All updates have been during the embassy business hours except for this last one.

No update since the 6th but the same exact thing it was updated about 2pm our time not Pakistani time like the others.

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

No update since the 6th but the same exact thing it was updated about 2pm our time not Pakistani time like the others.

Hmmm, hopefuly it is a good sign. So frustrating, especially on your case, by your second interview you think they would have all the info they needed by now. 😤

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.