Ahmed&Freda

Update - Our interview today

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So our interview was scheduled for 8am but they had us wait until we were the last ones there.   I could tell by the moment we arrived there was confusion at one point my husband was asked by someone behind the counter why he was there.   At last I can see a woman with our file behind window 26 we were sure she was going to be giving our interview.  She was looking and looking through our papers.   She kept leaving the window and going back to talk to others in the office then finally she passed the file to someone else.  Finally we were called to window 28.  The gentleman was very nice and kept apologizing.  He asked for my divorce papers which I gave him a certified copy I had made from my courthouse.   He asked if I had the agreement part of the divorce  not just the final decree (I thought this was especially odd since no  where ever have I seen anyone asked for this) which I had in the file as I sent it to NVC and brought copies of everything I sent previously with us.  He asked my husband mostly questions about his divorce AGAIN.  Just a few easy questions and he was finished.

He hands us a 221g generic slip with just the administrative processing part checked and said we would be receiving a questionnaire that will need to be sent back.

Now I know this is something that happens a lot to Pakistani men going through the interview process but it doesn't happen to everyone.  It's extremely disheartening considering everything we have gone through getting refused last year rebut it and then now getting stuck in the infamous black hole.   I can't help but feel like this embassy is playing games.   They don't like that they were proven wrong and want to make it difficult for us.   I knew there was a possibility of this happening but it didn't make it hurt any less.  We have been through so much leaving that embassy not knowing what is going to happen with our case was extremely painful.  We walked into the embassy with high hopes but walked away feeling depressed not knowing if this can take a month, 6 months or a year more has been really hard to swallow.

Thanks to all the messages I received today I just don't have time to respond to them all at the moment.  

~Freda

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems quite normal not sure where you think the games are involved.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Seems quite normal not sure where you think the games are involved.

Because they left us wait until the end of the day,  I was asked to submit my agreement (split of properties from my prior marriage) I have no idea why they would need that.  We were asked only questions about the divorce (which we have been through before our case was returned because of my husbands divorce being in question).  And in the end given a questionnaire that is given "randomly".  

I would have felt completely normal about it if it was my first interview...but after getting reaffirmed it makes me feel like they "chose" him for this questionnaire.  

I'm a human and I feel...after everything I have been through trying to bring my husband home I think its just a normal to feel picked on when you get hit with another road block.  There are many people who have gone through the same embassy and have not had the same trouble its difficult for me to understand why us.

Sorry if I sound overly emotional but in my shoes I'm sure you would have felt the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If your agreement was part of the divorce decree then they will require both.  My divorce decree was 2 pages but since our agreement was part of the divorce decree, it added another 34 pages.  I was not happy about submitting everything but it is what it is.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

If your agreement was part of the divorce decree then they will require both.  My divorce decree was 2 pages but since our agreement was part of the divorce decree, it added another 34 pages.  I was not happy about submitting everything but it is what it is.  

It was filed months before the decree was issued.  I sent them all to NVC including the original filed documents from my attorney showing the time line of almost two years it took for my divorce to become final.  

I was just confused why they wanted to see it again.. what would any of that information have to do with my husband getting his visa?  To prove I own the house I live in?  Maybe I'm thinking too deep.

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I was asked to submit my agreement (split of properties from my prior marriage) I have no idea why they would need that.  

We had to supply the same thing in the Philippines.  I didn't take it personally.  I don't know why they needed it but it may be about my own kids who are part of the document.  This is a long and stressful journey.  You are almost done.  Just relax for the short time left.  Congratulations.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It was filed months before the decree was issued.  I sent them all to NVC including the original filed documents from my attorney showing the time line of almost two years it took for my divorce to become final.  

I was just confused why they wanted to see it again.. what would any of that information have to do with my husband getting his visa?  To prove I own the house I live in?  Maybe I'm thinking too deep.

I am in shock by hearing all of this. I had a high aim that this time your husband will get his visa.but unfortunately  its hard to swallow that they put him in AP again. So infront of you today .were they giving hard time  to every  male applicants ? Or some male applicants got approved too? Infront of you ? As you said you were the last one.i am in deep shock. My interview is coming so i am so afraid too .obviously we all facing hard time by living far from our love ones .i will pray for both of you guys  that this AP should not go for a year. It should  resolve with in days.and inshallah allah pak will help you guys.just stay strong best wishes for both of you .may allah keep both of you together. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

EVERYBODY goes through AP. part of the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Boiler said:

EVERYBODY goes through AP. part of the process.

Yes thats true.   What concerns me is the ds-5535 if you read the thread those members have been waiting months one 13months.  After waiting almost two years its just upsetting to think it could be another 13 months.   There's really no way to tell how long this will take and i know I'm fearing for nothing as I have no control but I just had the interview today.  Perhaps tomorrow my head will be a little more clear.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mallick said:

I am in shock by hearing all of this. I had a high aim that this time your husband will get his visa.but unfortunately  its hard to swallow that they put him in AP again. So infront of you today .were they giving hard time  to every  male applicants ? Or some male applicants got approved too? Infront of you ? As you said you were the last one.i am in deep shock. My interview is coming so i am so afraid too .obviously we all facing hard time by living far from our love ones .i will pray for both of you guys  that this AP should not go for a year. It should  resolve with in days.and inshallah allah pak will help you guys.just stay strong best wishes for both of you .may allah keep both of you together. 

It was mostly families I saw a mix some approved and some were not.  I saw a woman go into one of the rooms this time.  She was so upset and kept attempting to go back to a window (I'm guessing to convince them of something) but left in the end upset.   

4 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

.  There are many people who have gone through the same embassy and have not had the same trouble its difficult for me to understand why us.

Sorry if I sound overly emotional but in my shoes I'm sure you would have felt the same.

I understand. But you can't think like that, it'll make you crazy. You have done nothing wrong, and if you case is genuine, it will be fine. I don't know what to tell ya, beside just keep thinking "what doesn't kill you make you stronger"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, geowrian said:

It sounds like the interview went pretty well, so that's good. You're closer now than ever to being together in the US.

It sounds like a DS-5535 (or similar) is going to be sent. Unfortunately, there are no known rules for precisely who gets this for background checks...there's probably a random component of it, but also country involved, employment history, travel history, etc.

I wouldn't push it to the point that they are playing games or didn't want to be proven wrong...this doesn't sound like a personal offense but just part of the process.

In the end, you'll get there. Keep your hopes up please.

yes,  just posted earlier about ds 5535 in the morocco portal

can be just becuse his name is one of the overused names and shows up a watch list

just do the document whatever it is and be patient (i can not say this enough)

many of us do know how you feel 

went thru a long ordeal myself

you can succeed 

any chance they kept his passport and you are worried from past experiences?

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

yes,  just posted earlier about ds 5535 in the morocco portal

can be just becuse his name is one of the overused names and shows up a watch list

just do the document whatever it is and be patient (i can not say this enough)

many of us do know how you feel 

went thru a long ordeal myself

you can succeed 

any chance they kept his passport and you are worried from past experiences?  Yes they kept the passport and the last interview still haunts me.

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.