lrpburton25

unconditional Visa

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been married 2  years we have until April 13 to submit our I751 the marriage is not working we have nothing but a car note to present with the I 751 nothing showing joint . What will probably happened. We are not divorce still together I am the sponsor . 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, lrpburton25 said:

I have been married 2  years we have until April 13 to submit our I751 the marriage is not working we have nothing but a car note to present with the I 751 nothing showing joint . What will probably happened. We are not divorce still together I am the sponsor . 

What are your plans for the future?  Technically, It is the responsibility of the immigrant spouse to provide evidence for the petition to remove conditions.  Based solely on your post, it is possible the petition could be investigated as fraud if no evidence is provided.

Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level C

If assigned a fraud level C, it means that there are no technical problems (signatures, missing information, lack of evidence, etc.) and the USCIS adjudicator thinks the case can be approved (no interview necessary). All required supporting documents are attached and there is no indication of fraud that can be identified in the documents or through the biographic data of the parties involved.

LEVEL
B
Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level B

Fraud level B cases which have no technical problems that need correction and have the minimum number of proper supporting documents, but there is something, or an absence of something that creates suspicion about the bona fides of the marriage, the veracity of the evidence, etc. The reasons for suspicion are so varied that a concise list cannot be made. An example would be where the I-751 is supported by the minimum required number of documents, however the documents are all of recent origin.

LEVEL
A
Reasons for Assigning Fraud Level A

Fraud level A will be assigned when the adjudicator strongly suspects fraud. Reasons fraud level A might be assigned include:

• the petitioner fails to sign the form;
  • there is insufficient evidence;
  • a large age difference exists between the spouses;
  • the married couple is not living together;
  • a prior I-751 was denied;
  • the petition was filed untimely without a good reason for being late; or
  • any other reasons as the service center director may determine.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Instead of what you don't have, what do you have? Living at the same address? Insurances? Retirement accounts with each other as the beneficairies? Focus on  what you do have.

If you divorce during the process, you should (but are not technically required to do so but it can draw scrutiny later for naturalization or something) inform them that you re switching to a divorce waiver and also send the final divorce decree.

If you don't divorce, both people are expected at the interview (if you get one). If they don't show, it will not be favorable. If they show and decide to bad mouth the marriage, it won't be favorable.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Since you are the petitioner, "what will happen" depends a great deal upon how active you are in the removal of conditions of your spouse's visa.......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ditto what @missileman said. You say the marriage is not working. What are your plans? Do you plan to stay married? If so, are you looking for help in what to submit? Or are you planning to go your separate ways? He can file for ROC on his own if you are divorced. As far as what you could submit if you still plan to file with him, you still have some time to gather evidence. Look at the guides to see what you could submit. 

Edited by angelbrown

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

We he doesn't want a divorce he refuse . We have nothing to prove bonefide marriage NOTHING!! He acts like he don't care. I know what hes doing. Im wayyyyy ahead. Hes trying to trick me to sign things to make us have joint stuff. Instead of asking why try to slick me. he has this pride thing going on. I feel betrayed and used. He has done me bad

Timeline

This marriage was a big! mistake I feel like a fool. I hate that they even have a finance visa. I really think they need to let people get to know each a little longer than what they give you. This man had children . I thought I knew the child that he brought. She and my child CAN NOT!!!! get along its bad bad bad bad. We just put these kids in each other life and they both have personality issues. Im so tired of the marriage Big mistake Hugh Mistake

2 hours ago, lrpburton25 said:

I really think they need to let people get to know each a little longer than what they give you.

There is no maximum time to get to know somebody before applying for or obtaining a K-1 visa.

If you are referring to the 90 day period to get married after entry on the K-1 visa, then the person made a big mistake already by not knowing the person well enough beforehand. The 90 days is solely to get married, not a trial period.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

So sorry you feel that way. Agree with @geowrian. 90 days is for getting married, not getting to know one another. You definitely can’t go through this process based on emotions. Most ppl choose fiancé to be together in a shorter amount of time. Whether someone comes on fiancé or spouse visa, it’s up to the person to get to know your significant other and their children/family, not immigration. You say he has children, did you not know which child he was bringing? You have to know that when you merge two families together who maybe come from different backgrounds there might be some adjustments or challenges. Why do you feel betrayed or used? You can get a divorce with or without his consent, right? Let him ROC on his own, the burden of proof will be on him since it sounds like he thinks he’s clever. It asks on the application whether you are filing jointly with your spouse. So are you saying you’re filing a joint application with him. Because if you are not then it doesn’t matter if you have joint or shared responsibilities. I’m not trying to be funny but I really don’t understand where the problem is?🤷🏽‍♀️ Just trying to get a better idea of if you need advice or are just venting. I can only imagine how tough it is. I wish you all the best. 

Edited by angelbrown

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, lrpburton25 said:

This marriage was a big! mistake I feel like a fool. I hate that they even have a finance visa. I really think they need to let people get to know each a little longer than what they give you. This man had children . I thought I knew the child that he brought. She and my child CAN NOT!!!! get along its bad bad bad bad. We just put these kids in each other life and they both have personality issues. Im so tired of the marriage Big mistake Hugh Mistake

It's too late now, but others have mentioned the 90 day is not a get to know my fiancé visa. It was a big mistake not to introduce the kids just to gauge how they get along.

Here's my take on international relationships, treat the relationship as you would the one in the US. Most people take time to get to know someone, and the initial process of the relationship is usually bliss. I know it's easy for me to say, but cut your loss and move on with your life if the relationship is not salvageable.

Timeline

My issue yes apart is venting but . He hasn't tried to do anything to preparing for his filing 175 He seems like he is waiting on me to everything and I refuse. He tells me that Jamaica will not refuse him and he really don't want to be here in the states any way so I told him to leave. I know all of his children but this one he brought its a special bond between them and i get it. But she has caused soooo many problems in this marriage. She needs  but until then I cant handle the marriage its stressful. he does not support me as a husband is suppose to support his wife. Not talking about money. He pays me no attention. The relatonship is boring and I want out. I don't even want him to get nothing out of this because I feel used. Hes using me and its unfair. Why !! I was stupid and dumb. I don't know how this is gonna play out because I don't have any money for a divorce right know and he has to file by april 13th his visa expires in june. I hate I married him . I feel so stupid. I thouht I knew him we been together since 

2013. He was such a gentleman. But when he came here I saw his true colors. He farts allllll day and don't say excuse me run me out the room. He don't keep his self groom up. He acts like a old man at 39. I'm turned off. Hes not the same. He daughter talks to me like I'm her age. smart ### mouth and he dont do any discpline unless she piss him off. 

Timeline

I cant say if its is salvageable or not I have been hurt by this man. He has done some things to me where  I do not trust him. I have been tooooo good to him and his daughter. If we separate and not divorce can he still get his perm Visa . But he has nothing to show bonifide marriage. We have notta.

I feel he never loved me. Which is cool you don't love me ok but keep it real.

I am lost don't know what to do. The things he do to me I would never do to him.

Filed: Timeline

Well children can put a wedge in a relationship. I cannot fathom what it would be like with a step child. Ours drive us crazy at times and they are only 3 and 5 years old.

In regards to your "farting" comment, I'm guilty of it and so are my son. My wife's stuck with us, but she gets back at me in her own way. Usually in the form of kicking me real hard in the buttocks when I'm not paying attention.

If you can't enjoy life in your relationship then it's time to move on. No point in wasting your life away. 

Timeline

Ok gotcha. The 10 year gc isn’t guaranteed. There are self help/diy divorces through your local courthouse. Don’t know how difficult it is being that you’re still living together. Maybe he had issues adjusting to life in the US. A lot of them think if they just get here life will be easy. Then they realize it’s just as hard here bc you still have to work for what you want. Only difference is the opportunities are here. My heart goes out to you. I think if you want it, it’s always salvageable but it takes two to make it work. If not you have to find a way to cut your losses for peace of mind. Let him figure out the rest for his life. As I said, the burden would be on him. And I def wouldn’t file jointly with him. If he thinks it’s easy now, let him not get approved and see how easy life will be living illegal. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, lrpburton25 said:

I am lost don't know what to do. The things he do to me I would never do to him.

Life is too short to be miserable all the time.....Seek happiness for yourself, and let him solve his own problems if you don't feel the marriage is worth saving.........missileman out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.