kittyanne

Waiting for NOA2(Approval) Since JUNE 2018

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! My fiance applied for K-1 Visa on June 2018, we already received the NOA1 a day after we sent the 129F to USCIS and now waiting for NOA2. 

I’m a newbie hoping to get to know someone with the same situation like mine which is “THE WAITING”🤪 I have read some forums and they got approved quickly, some are 1-3weeks or 1-3months, but it was on 2015-2016-2017.. I guess the processing now (2018) will take longer. BUT I HOPE NOT!!

I can’t wait to be with my fiancé! We have been waiting sine June 2018. We check email almost everyday, lol. I hope tomorrow when i wake up it will be approved! 

My fiance and i have been in LDR for almost 5 years. and we now, dont wanna be separated anymore!!❤️ 

To everyone who applied this year. GOOD LUCK! I hope the approval wont take looooongggggg.. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mozambique
Timeline

I think this is what you are looking for - everyone who filed in June and keeps eachother updated - it is normal for each month to have one of these threads.....

You have a a little while to go yet. There are some people from Jan-March still waiting to hear and even some from last year. Be patient and try not to think about it too much just yet! 

Timeline

thankyou so much

Just now, Nicola and Jordan said:

You have a a little while to go yet. There are some people from Jan-March still waiting to hear and even some from last year. Be patient and try not to think about it too much just yet! 

thanks much! some april filers received their approval just now

Add your timeline in your profile it will give you a fairly accurate estimate of wait times

2 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

thankyou so much

I filed in March and got my NOA2 in 183 days which is pretty quick. Others are at 8 months wait. Just keep your expectations low and you won’t go crazy lol. After. NOA2 a month ago my case is still at NVC waiting to be sent to embassy which hopefully will be next week. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nicola and Jordan said:

I filed in March and got my NOA2 in 183 days which is pretty quick. Others are at 8 months wait. Just keep your expectations low and you won’t go crazy lol. After. NOA2 a month ago my case is still at NVC waiting to be sent to embassy which hopefully will be next week. 

NVC takes long too?

1 hour ago, kittyanne said:

Hello guys! My fiance applied for K-1 Visa on June 2018, we already received the NOA1 a day after we sent the 129F to USCIS and now waiting for NOA2. 

I’m a newbie hoping to get to know someone with the same situation like mine which is “THE WAITING”🤪 I have read some forums and they got approved quickly, some are 1-3weeks or 1-3months, but it was on 2015-2016-2017.. I guess the processing now (2018) will take longer. BUT I HOPE NOT!!

I can’t wait to be with my fiancé! We have been waiting sine June 2018. We check email almost everyday, lol. I hope tomorrow when i wake up it will be approved! 

My fiance and i have been in LDR for almost 5 years. and we now, dont wanna be separated anymore!!❤️ 

To everyone who applied this year. GOOD LUCK! I hope the approval wont take looooongggggg.. 

Start looking for info starting in late December.  We were June 2017 filers and we got our NOA2 in March of 2018.  Your journey should be a little quicker but very few make it through in less than 6 months these days.  Just hang in there and be patient.

The big change started in March of 2017.  Approvals were in three months in March and the beginning of April 2017.  Starting in May they went to 7 months and then up to 10 months.  They seem settled at 6 to 8 months now but they are trending slightly longer.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

44 minutes ago, kittyanne said:

thankyou so much

That is how it goes.  A few Aprils get approved and everybody gets excited except the January, February and March filers still waiting.  There is very little logic in any of this.  We filed K-1 in June 2017 and for some reason sometime in November 2017 a few filers got approved in 29 days of waiting.  We were all upset and they were not expedited.  All we could figure is they were lucky when their pile was picked up.  There were just a couple then it all went back to 8 to 10 months of waiting.  No logic at all.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, kittyanne said:

NVC takes long too?

Current K1 total time from submitting petition to visa interview is 282 days--9 1/2 months.  That's only an average.  Could be longer or shorter.  If you submitted in June, you're looking at next April at the earliest based on VJ member data for visa in hand.  Many things could slow it down such as RFEs, document delays, backed-up consulates for the interview, medical exam issues, etc.  Patience is the key to this entire crazy process, and lots of visits to see each other to keep sane.  Good luck with the wait.  Hang in there and be positive!

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

That is how it goes.  A few Aprils get approved and everybody gets excited except the January, February and March filers still waiting.  There is very little logic in any of this.  We filed K-1 in June 2017 and for some reason sometime in November 2017 a few filers got approved in 29 days of waiting.  We were all upset and they were not expedited.  All we could figure is they were lucky when their pile was picked up.  There were just a couple then it all went back to 8 to 10 months of waiting.  No logic at all. 

Yep, no Logic,

for example, a few May filiers are coming thru the grapevine now. Not just on this Site, but others that I'm on as well.

So while that's good for those of us in line behind, it's irritating to those still waiting.

Could it be the security part that slows people up?

Maybe names that are similar to others out there and they have to really pay attention?

I really don't know, all I know is my Last name is fairly rare and so is my fiancé's first and last name.

Worth a shot anyways haha. Good Luck to all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There are a ton of factors that go into your processing time. 

It could be background checks, RFE's, when your document arrived, holidays and just a plain slow agent processing. Then some places only send out packets a couple of times a month and some places only do so many interviews a month. 

I waited 196 days for NOA2 and then it only stayed at NVC for a couple of days. Others have waited 6 weeks at NVC

It is hard to not check multiple times a day on your application. Since the beginning of August, I was chewing at the bit for some information. Didn't come till the end of Sept. The wait is brutal. 

Start getting things ready for the next steps, plan things with your fiance, start looking at what home life will be like together and things that can be done for a smooth transition for the person moving. 

Good Luck in your journey! 

14 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Yep, no Logic,

for example, a few May filiers are coming thru the grapevine now. Not just on this Site, but others that I'm on as well.

So while that's good for those of us in line behind, it's irritating to those still waiting.

Could it be the security part that slows people up?

Maybe names that are similar to others out there and they have to really pay attention?

I really don't know, all I know is my Last name is fairly rare and so is my fiancé's first and last name.

Worth a shot anyways haha. Good Luck to all.

The background checks take literally just a few seconds for most people.  They just run the name and social security number through the federal crime database.  If there is a hit they may transfer the case to Vermont but for the most part the background check takes place during the 20 minute review.  They only check the petitioner since they have no access to international databases for each beneficiary country.  The PCCs at the interview and AP are for checking the beneficiary.  It really just takes them that long to even pick up the file to look at.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.