Jump to content
Le212

HELP PLEASE!! Administrative processing 221 g but was not given additional document form!

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

CR1 Visa interview at Casablanca, MOROCCO

 

Hello everyone! So my husband just recently had his interview. He said he answered all the questions correctly and it went well. But the consular officer was non informative! At the end of the interview she tells him what to do at the airport when he arrives, and asked him if he’s in trouble what number he should call (he said 911). She also said not to show anyone his passport! At this point, he thought she was going to tell him he was approved! But she said he needed to get an original translation of our marriage certificate and handed him back his passport but told him to send his passport and translation at ARAMEX. She said when everything is clear, they will call him but that it can take weeks to months! She also said that they have his other documents and they are keeping it with them. She did give him a 221 g refusal letter stating that the case needs necessary administrative processing. But he did not receive the additional documents letter or blue slip or anything else stating what he needed exactly for the additional documents. I’m confused! She only vocally stated for the ONE translation he needed. ALSO, she gave him a letter that said register and pick up your documents at ARAMEX, and the steps on how to do it. At the bottom of the letter it says “WE WISH YOU SAFE TRAVELS AND A HAPPY LIFE IN AMERICA”. AND gave him the letter to all immigrants for his SOCIAL SECURITY. My husband says that she did not say he was approved or denied! Please help me and my husband on our visa journey!!!! HELP!!! 

 

QUESTIONS: 

 

Has anyone received the letter to pick up their documents AND been asked to send their documents at the same time? Does it always say “We wish you safe travels and a happy life in America?”. 

 

I don’t want our case to be sent back to USCIS :’( 

Does this sound like he will be approved after AP??? 

BCD27193-561C-40A7-84F0-E5F4D90515F5.jpeg

D30E908B-3B47-44F1-8EA9-C0C193AC8C97.jpeg

DA12BFFF-232B-4C2B-BC66-FB836ECB53B1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casablanca is known for doing things their own way, but in general they do list out any additional documents needed from you. Not sure why the CO didn't provide him with the 221g form that lists any missing documents. For now, all you can really do is send in the original translation of the marriage certificate as requested and wait.The timeline for AP varies and no one here can tell you how long it will take. Based on what you have told us here, it sounds like he'll be approved once he submits the requested items. 


K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

 

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

 

See my 'About Me' section on my profile for a more detailed step by step journey of our K1 Journey through the Casablanca consulate in Morocco

 

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

 

May 2020: ROC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Le212 said:

CR1 Visa interview at Casablanca, MOROCCO

 

Hello everyone! So my husband just recently had his interview. He said he answered all the questions correctly and it went well. But the consular officer was non informative! At the end of the interview she tells him what to do at the airport when he arrives, and asked him if he’s in trouble what number he should call (he said 911). She also said not to show anyone his passport! At this point, he thought she was going to tell him he was approved! But she said he needed to get an original translation of our marriage certificate and handed him back his passport but told him to send his passport and translation at ARAMEX. She said when everything is clear, they will call him but that it can take weeks to months! She also said that they have his other documents and they are keeping it with them. She did give him a 221 g refusal letter stating that the case needs necessary administrative processing. But he did not receive the additional documents letter or blue slip or anything else stating what he needed exactly for the additional documents. I’m confused! She only vocally stated for the ONE translation he needed. ALSO, she gave him a letter that said register and pick up your documents at ARAMEX, and the steps on how to do it. At the bottom of the letter it says “WE WISH YOU SAFE TRAVELS AND A HAPPY LIFE IN AMERICA”. AND gave him the letter to all immigrants for his SOCIAL SECURITY. My husband says that she did not say he was approved or denied! Please help me and my husband on our visa journey!!!! HELP!!! 

 

QUESTIONS: 

 

Has anyone received the letter to pick up their documents AND been asked to send their documents at the same time? Does it always say “We wish you safe travels and a happy life in America?”. 

 

I don’t want our case to be sent back to USCIS :’( 

Does this sound like he will be approved after AP??? 

BCD27193-561C-40A7-84F0-E5F4D90515F5.jpeg

D30E908B-3B47-44F1-8EA9-C0C193AC8C97.jpeg

DA12BFFF-232B-4C2B-BC66-FB836ECB53B1.jpeg

First off...relax. You haven't been "refused". All cases go into AP afterwards. Based on your post, your husband needs to submit a translate copy of your marriage certificate. Submit that along with his passport as the CO informed you, and your status should update after they have received it and reviewed the update version. ARAMEX must be the courier that your embassy uses to receive/send documents between the embassy and the beneficiary. The document is considered "missing" because he didn't provided a translated/English version of the marriage certificate.

 

During my husband's K1 interview, they requested he send in his original birth certificate (the CO forgot to make a copy of it during the interview). Our courier is DHL...he submitted it and roughly 3 weeks later his visa was issued. I say this to say, you haven't been refused. Just provided them what they are asking for and follow the steps as instructed so he can get his visa issued!

Edited by Trinab80

5/22/2017: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

5/23/2017: Signed & Delivered to USCIS (Received Date)

5/26/2017: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

6/2/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/25/2017

3/23/2018: NOA2 Text and Email Received (Approved Date: 3/21/2018 - Total wait time: 303 days from received date/305 days from receipt date)
3/26/2018: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
3/30/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
4/2/2018: Case Number Received

4/5/2018: I-129F Left NVC
4/6/2018: Embassy Received

4/9/2018: Packet 3 completed

4/18/2018: Medical Exam

4/27/2018: Interview (APPROVED) 😊

5/17/2018: Embassy sent email advising they need original Birth Certificate. (Original BC was presented at the interview but CO gave it back to us, SMH) - Fiancé sent original BC via DHL.

5/18/2018: Embassy received and signed for DHL package

5/22/2018: Embassy confirmed via email the received original Birth Certificate. CEAC Tracker date updated.

6/8/2018: VISA ISSUED!!!!

6/14/2018: Visa in Hand
6/20/2018: POE at Philadelphia Airport

7/22/2018: Married to my King! 

*************************************************************************************************

7/25/2018: Husband received his SSN card

8/9/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

8/10/2018: Signed & Delivered to USCIS

8/16/2018: Check was cashed; Received 3 texts and 3 emails from USCIS (never received hardcopy NOA1)

9/6/2018: Biometrics Appointment

9/7/2018: Case Status updated to Ready to Schedule Interview

xx/xx/xxxx: EAD/AP combo card approved

xx/xx/xxxx: EAD/AP combo received

xx/xx/xxxx: Interview

xx/xx/xxxx: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

xx/xx/xxxx: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Casablanca is known for doing things their own way, but in general they do list out any additional documents needed from you. Not sure why the CO didn't provide him with the 221g form that lists any missing documents. For now, all you can really do is send in the original translation of the marriage certificate as requested and wait.The timeline for AP varies and no one here can tell you how long it will take. Based on what you have told us here, it sounds like he'll be approved once he submits the requested items. 

Thank you so much! Yes, I’ve heard and have been so confused and stressed. I just hate the system. She didn’t write anything down and that’s what worries me. When my husband sent the documents at Aramex, the worker said that they usually provide another form stating what documents are needed which worried me a bit! Thank you for the reassurance! I’m just praying everything will work out! My biggest fear is getting sent back to USCIS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

First off...relax. You haven't been "refused". All cases go into AP afterwards. Based on your post, your husband needs to submit a translate copy of your marriage certificate. Submit that along with his passport as the CO informed you, and you status should update after they have received it and reviewed the update version. ARAMEX must be the courier that your embassy uses to receive/send documents between the embassy and the beneficiary. The document is considered "missing" because he didn't provided a translated/English version of the marriage certificate.

 

During my husband's K1 interview, they requested he send in his original birth certificate (the CO forgot to make a copy of it during the interview). Our courier is DHL...he submitted it and roughly 6 weeks later his visa was issued. I say this to say, you haven't been refused. Just provided them what they are asking for so he can get his visa issued!

Thank you!!! This gives me hope!!😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Le212 said:

Thank you so much! Yes, I’ve heard and have been so confused and stressed. I just hate the system. She didn’t write anything down and that’s what worries me. When my husband sent the documents at Aramex, the worker said that they usually provide another form stating what documents are needed which worried me a bit! Thank you for the reassurance! I’m just praying everything will work out! My biggest fear is getting sent back to USCIS. 

Your case won't be sent back to USCIS because the case wasn't refused/denied. If that was the case, he would have been given a slip stating this and wouldn't need to send anything else in.


5/22/2017: I-129F sent USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

5/23/2017: Signed & Delivered to USCIS (Received Date)

5/26/2017: Check was cashed; Received text and email from USCIS; case being transferred to CSC

6/2/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/25/2017

3/23/2018: NOA2 Text and Email Received (Approved Date: 3/21/2018 - Total wait time: 303 days from received date/305 days from receipt date)
3/26/2018: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
3/30/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
4/2/2018: Case Number Received

4/5/2018: I-129F Left NVC
4/6/2018: Embassy Received

4/9/2018: Packet 3 completed

4/18/2018: Medical Exam

4/27/2018: Interview (APPROVED) 😊

5/17/2018: Embassy sent email advising they need original Birth Certificate. (Original BC was presented at the interview but CO gave it back to us, SMH) - Fiancé sent original BC via DHL.

5/18/2018: Embassy received and signed for DHL package

5/22/2018: Embassy confirmed via email the received original Birth Certificate. CEAC Tracker date updated.

6/8/2018: VISA ISSUED!!!!

6/14/2018: Visa in Hand
6/20/2018: POE at Philadelphia Airport

7/22/2018: Married to my King! 

*************************************************************************************************

7/25/2018: Husband received his SSN card

8/9/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

8/10/2018: Signed & Delivered to USCIS

8/16/2018: Check was cashed; Received 3 texts and 3 emails from USCIS (never received hardcopy NOA1)

9/6/2018: Biometrics Appointment

9/7/2018: Case Status updated to Ready to Schedule Interview

xx/xx/xxxx: EAD/AP combo card approved

xx/xx/xxxx: EAD/AP combo received

xx/xx/xxxx: Interview

xx/xx/xxxx: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

xx/xx/xxxx: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Your case won't be sent back to USCIS because the case wasn't refused/denied. If that was the case, he would have been given a slip stating this and wouldn't need to send anything else in.

Thank you! I’ve heard of cases where they send back another 221g form stating that the case will be sent back to Uscis. I’m just hoping for a miracle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×