PirateLiker

Can fiance use visa without my permission?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

From my understanding (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) the petitioner cannot get the visa revoked, as the visa is the beneficiary's. However, the petitioner can have the underlaying petition revoked/cancelled, which would be the i-129f in this case, which would hopefully lead to the visa getting cancelled as well? 

Either way, like others have already said, contact both USCIS and the embassy just in case. Be upfront, tell them that there is no need for the petition and visa anymore.

Even if she does use the visa there won't be much of an impact for you (other than if you plan on petitioning for someone else within two year). You aren't married to her, you have no financial responsibility as you haven't signed the i-864 etc. She can even live as an illegal in the US and it won't have an impact on you whatsoever. So either way, you're fine.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I think you should give it a few days at least to see how it plays out. I have asked my Fiancee many times if this is what she wants, and she has been steadfast the whole time, not wavering one bit. Next week I leave to fly over there and vacation for a little bit and a quick visit to her family since we , or at least she won't be able to travel home for about 6 months Minimum after she arrives, and I am going to ask her again while standing in the line to check in for the flight that this is what she wants, and I can understand you are leaving everything behind for a new life, and the choice is hers, but we have been very open about everything, and discussed her having to leave after she arrives and every other thing we are going to be facing as it is not an easy path to take as evident by posts on here daily, but I am sure she wants the same as me, and we will battle it together one problem at a time. Just be open and honest with her and ask her to do the same, and I hope for the best for you. If it isn't going to work, that sucks, I agree, but better to find out now than after too many commitments have been made. A few days in " Goverment" time isn't going to make much of a difference, as about 10 of our days pass to one of theirs it seems like.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

14 hours ago, NuestraUnion said:

Also, if your ex uses the visa to enter the US and falsely claim abuse (which is a way for her to get a green card without you), then you will have that to deal with.

Wouldn’t they need to be married first?  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I know we all read a lot on VJ but, honestly, an immigrant doesn't automatically turn towards the option of VAWA.

She may have just gotten cold feet, she may just need a bit of comfort, she may just be worried that she'll be dependent on someone she hasn't seen in a while. The OP may have gotten cold feet, too and communication wasn't all that recently...

Its normal. I wouldn't assume the worst in terms of her coming over and trying to exploit you. For one, the K1 really doesn't give her much of an option. If I recall correctly, you would have to be married to claim VAWA. And why don't you guys spend the first 80 days figuring out if you both are still on the same page? If you both think it isn't working out, then discuss those options openly with her.

I flew back and forth more than 20+ times before I immigrated and while one part of me was totally happy and excited, the other part of me was so sad. I am not sure if this makes any sense to you, but it is a huge step on her end. On yours, too - don't get me wrong but she is actually leaving everything behind.

8 hours ago, Diane and Chris said:

Wouldn’t they need to be married first?  

For VAWA, you are correct and I should have clarified that. But I always believe that for a lot of immigrants who want to scam the system, the first goal is to get feet on US soil. Then, once here, if VAWA is not an option, they hunt for legal options like Asylum or the U visa.

Below is a story I remember where a college student was falsely accused of stalking his girlfriend because she was attempting become a permanent resident via a U visa.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/immigrants-preying-on-americans-with-false-tales-of-abuse-to-stay-in-us-experts-say

I want to add that I am not saying that the OP's ex is frauding him or the US government. She could very well be experiencing cold feet. I just wanted to provide valid worse case argument on why the OP should care about something that is legally tied to him.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
21 hours ago, R&OC said:

Sorry, this is a visa forum but I wouldn't revoke the visa unless you both have irrevocably decided to call it off.

As you know any long distance relationship is tough at times. She has investments in the Ukraine and has firm roots in the country, family and friends... It is only natural that one gets a little concerned, stressed out and perhaps fight more than one should - and tests the water how firm you both stand on your commitment. If there is a chance to solve it all, I would try to solve it and not give up right away. 

You both waited for such a long time, planned ahead... I was somewhat scared when I left Germany despite the excitement and wanting to be wit my husband.

sorry but i was thinking of the poor Atlanta man who was at the airport waiting for his financee to arrive

and she texted him saying immigration would not let her in

and as he was leaving he saw her a car leaving with another person

posted on VJ about a year ago

the object of K1 or CR1 is for 2 of them to be together

if one or the other doesn't want it,  no longer a reason for the visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

sorry but i was thinking of the poor Atlanta man who was at the airport waiting for his financee to arrive

and she texted him saying immigration would not let her in

and as he was leaving he saw her a car leaving with another person

posted on VJ about a year ago

the object of K1 or CR1 is for 2 of them to be together

if one or the other doesn't want it,  no longer a reason for the visa

Seriously! What a terrible thing for this to happen to someone..... I can't even imagine 🤦‍♂️

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, E & J 2018 said:

Seriously! What a terrible thing for this to happen to someone..... I can't even imagine 🤦‍♂️

he posted it about a year ago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 7:04 AM, missileman said:

Is there a chance you can work out the issues once she enters the US?

Thank you for all the helpful ideas.

At this point it looks like there is some chance we will set aside our differences and move forward. I'll make sure to update when I have some new information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
18 hours ago, PirateLiker said:

Thank you for all the helpful ideas.

At this point it looks like there is some chance we will set aside our differences and move forward. I'll make sure to update when I have some new information.

really glad to hear you, guys,  are trying to work it out.

Wish you all the best!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, NuestraUnion said:

You should care because the petition and visa is tied to you. If, for example, you happen to find a person who is a better fit for you and you need to petition for them also, this current K1 will be on record which will make things difficult.

Speaking from experience,  more a nuisance than a difficulty 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.