<3T&M<3

Friends, we were approved 🎉

11 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, <3T&M<3 said:

He got it!

I mean, they said yes and that his visa will be mailed. We will wait for that of course. Without the help of visa journey And the plethora of information and camaraderie here I am not sure if I would be saying these words tonight. Thank you all for everything. I will update when visa is in hand.

I will say that the officer asked why we didn't have "real" pictures. That was sort of a surprise to me. We just printed our pictures at home on regular paper . Also, I have three teenagers and most of the questions were centered on them ( not very many questions overall though less than 10 total) Just FYI!

Congratulations and goodluck with the rest of your journey. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 3:09 AM, <3T&M<3 said:

He got it!

I mean, they said yes and that his visa will be mailed. We will wait for that of course. Without the help of visa journey And the plethora of information and camaraderie here I am not sure if I would be saying these words tonight. Thank you all for everything. I will update when visa is in hand.

I will say that the officer asked why we didn't have "real" pictures. That was sort of a surprise to me. We just printed our pictures at home on regular paper . Also, I have three teenagers and most of the questions were centered on them ( not very many questions overall though less than 10 total) Just FYI!

Congratulations!!! I wish you luck on the new steps of your journey!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just an update for those of you going through Ankara. Monday 22nd was interview day - Verbal approval! Tuesday the 23rd CEAC site said visa was in Administrative Processing, then Wednesday the 24th the CEAC site said it is "Issued". Friday the 25th my fiancé got notified by post office that his passport and packet had arrived.

pretty darn fast :)

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

On 10/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, <3T&M<3 said:

Just an update for those of you going through Ankara. Monday 22nd was interview day - Verbal approval! Tuesday the 23rd CEAC site said visa was in Administrative Processing, then Wednesday the 24th the CEAC site said it is "Issued". Friday the 25th my fiancé got notified by post office that his passport and packet had arrived.

WOW.  That is the fastest I've ever heard of.  Congratulations.  You were able to skip the weeks of waiting for AP.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, <3T&M<3 said:

Don't mean to pull you chain, but the Field office in Spokane is not slow either. So AOS could be pretty quick also. I know, because that is where i adjusted. Congrats and good luck.

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
9 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

Don't mean to pull you chain, but the Field office in Spokane is not slow either. So AOS could be pretty quick also. I know, because that is where i adjusted. Congrats and good luck.

Thanks lol... I have a friend who married someone from a different country and it took them 18 months - approved 2 months ago at Spokane field office (I believe so anyhow, unless they went to another one which would make no sense, lol)

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Thanks lol... I have a friend who married someone from a different country and it took them 18 months - approved 2 months ago at Spokane field office (I believe so anyhow, unless they went to another one which would make no sense, lol)

You are in a world of trouble in Spokane, just kidding. I'ts a small inland island around nothing for hundreds of miles. Only big city in 300 miles at least or more.  You will understand when you get there. Still know bunch of people there since I lived there for 9 -10 years. Anyhow, get a bicycle and ride around. Did it for years and no accidents or else. Very nice place in the NW. PM if you need info on the city. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Timeline
Just now, Alabamak1 said:

You are in a world of trouble in Spokane, just kidding. I'ts a small inland island around nothing for hundreds of miles. Only big city in 300 miles at least or more.  You will understand when you get there. Still know bunch of people there since I lived there for 9 -10 years. Anyhow, get a bicycle and ride around. Did it for years and no accidents or else. Very nice place in the NW. PM if you need info on the city. 

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.