JamesySofia

My k-1 wife's ex spouse.

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

That's not how that works.  Custody and parental rights are not interchangeable.  One parent can have fun legal, residential custody while the other retains his/her status and rights as a parent.

Exactly! 

I had sole custody, but my ex still had legal access and visitation to the kids. (I said had because they are now all adults) Even a court order to allow me to move the kids to the US permanently still left him with rights. 

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi,

Minor permits in COLOMBIA, as you might know by now, are very stricted. Cases like this require professional expertise. It is nice that people is willing to help, but it may be a huge difference between laws in COLOMBIA and laws in Canada, Hungary, Philipines, Wales, Jamaica, Turkey, Thailand, New Zealand and so on.

If you do not know yet, I suggest you get a family lawyer in COLOMBIA. 

®️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.