affluxdeluxe

Delay of Medical Report Delivery - Visa Status still in Administration Processing

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Same thing happened to us, but in Auckland!   Fiancé had his medical on 9/24.   Auckland is one of the consulates that scheduled your interview for you, and it happened to be for three days later, on the 27th.  Medical report arrived at the consulate on the 28th, and the visa was in hand on 10/8.   The CEAC status bizarrely went from “AP” to “Application Received,” back to AP, then finally to issued.   

It was a nerve-wracking few days, but the CO had assured him that everything else looked good, so we assumed it would be approved.

Good luck during this final wait!   

Thank you for sharing your experience! That sounds exacty like my scenario. Looking at you fiancé's timeline, I have a feeling my visa would be issued Monday or Tuesday.

Just one final hurdle to overcome. Congratulations to your fiancé receiving his visa! Happy for you both.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Teyci said:

Hello there!  Imgoing through somewhat similar dilemma now.  We (myself and son) went for our interview on 10 Oct.  Interview went great ..CO was very pleasant and nice.  At the end of the interview, the officer said our documents are complete and we should receive our visa/passports  in a weeks time.

Our case was updated from AP (12 OCT) to Issued (16 OCT)  but  until today ARAMEX hasnt  received our passports  :(

I know others got their passport the following day after their status changed to ISSUED.   I've been calling ARAMEX every day and checking UStraveldocs link to check updates but no luck.

Oh dear, sorry to hear about that. Same here, I breezed through the interview and was approved by the CO at counter 8. The local CO at counter 7 was polite and nice as well.

Did you try calling and emailing the US Embassy about your concern? They are pretty prompt with replies. Good luck and hope you receive your passport back soon!

Edited by affluxdeluxe

Timeline

First of all, @Teyci, @affluxdeluxe, @toocold, @Greenbaum (you're the best!) thanks for your excellent input in this thread.

According to DHL tracking, the embassy received our case file from the NVC this past Friday, Oct. 19th. Haney has already scheduled her medical with Fullerton for November 1st, because we've seen from your timelines how quickly the embassy is now scheduling interviews, and how bad Fullerton has been at forwarding results in a timely manner, anyways...

QUESTION: have you all had an experience of whether or not Fullerton will do the medical exam, even if we don't get packet 3 on time, i.e. we don't have the letter from the embassy yet?

We have the letter from the NVC with our case number, on their letterhead, will this be enough?

We know we're pushing the process by scheduling the medical exam so early, but figured the worst can happen is we reschedule the medical, or forward the letter to Fullerton once we get it, so they can release the medical exam to the embassy.

Either way, according to you guys updating your timelines so faithfully (thank you!) it seems like we'll have the packet 3 and therefore embassy letter for Fullerton a few days before the appointment on the 1st, so I still believe we're good...we'll see. 🙂

Thanks you guys, good evening to you in Singapore, and again please keep up the updating of the timelines--has been a great blessing for us! 🙏

Haney & Duane

Edited by Duane & Haney

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

6 hours ago, Duane & Haney said:

First of all, @Teyci, @affluxdeluxe, @toocold, @Greenbaum (you're the best!) thanks for your excellent input in this thread.  Thank you

According to DHL tracking, the embassy received our case file from the NVC this past Friday, Oct. 19th. Haney has already scheduled her medical with Fullerton for November 1st, because we've seen from your timelines how quickly the embassy is now scheduling interviews, and how bad Fullerton has been at forwarding results in a timely manner, anyways...

QUESTION: have you all had an experience of whether or not Fullerton will do the medical exam, even if we don't get packet 3 on time, i.e. we don't have the letter from the embassy yet?

We have the letter from the NVC with our case number, on their letterhead, will this be enough? Yes.

We know we're pushing the process by scheduling the medical exam so early, but figured the worst can happen is we reschedule the medical, or forward the letter to Fullerton once we get it, so they can release the medical exam to the embassy.

Either way, according to you guys updating your timelines so faithfully (thank you!) it seems like we'll have the packet 3 and therefore embassy letter for Fullerton a few days before the appointment on the 1st, so I still believe we're good...we'll see. 🙂

Thanks you guys, good evening to you in Singapore, and again please keep up the updating of the timelines--has been a great blessing for us! 🙏

Haney & Duane

Here is what you'll need for the medical exam. Have these items and your plan can be executed.

SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM

Fullerton Healthcare / Drs. Horne & Chin Pte Ltd

391B Orchard Road #25-01/02/07/08

Ngee Ann City Tower B

Singapore 238874

Tel: 6664-3804

Email: hcpl@fullertonhealthcare.com

-PAPER FROM PACKAGE 3 WITH CASE NUMBER ON IT

-CONFIRMATION PAGE DS-160

-PASSPORT

-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND (BENEFICIARY)

-IMMUNIZATION RECORD

-FORM OF PAYMENT (CASH, CREDIT CARD)

-KEEP X-RAYS FOR ENTRY INTO USA

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
16 hours ago, Duane & Haney said:

First of all, @Teyci, @affluxdeluxe, @toocold, @Greenbaum (you're the best!) thanks for your excellent input in this thread.

We have the letter from the NVC with our case number, on their letterhead, will this be enough?

Haney & Duane

Hi, I think you should receive your packet 3 before Nov 1 based on a number of timelines I've seen and my own experience. But just in case you don't receive it in time and want to postpone the medical, you should be able to find something soon - I called on the 17th and got a slot for the 24th. According to their pre-registration information form, Haney will need to bring the following on appointment day:

- Original passport

- Letter of interview, with case number (I believe this is enclosed in the P3, but I'm going to bring the email they sent to confirm the interview date too)

- Vaccination records, if any

- 4 recent colour, normal passport-sized photographs, NOT US Passport-sized (all 4 must be the same): for adults

On the form, they would ask typical things like name, address, contact number, email, appointment date and time, interview date (if any), and intended US address. She will also have to bring the original copy of the pre-registration information form on the day itself.  

~ 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Duane & Haney said:

Haney & Duane

Hello there,

@toocold is right. Not sure about others, but I played it safe and only booked and went for my medical after receiving Packet 3. As my appointment was the very next day, Fullerton asked me to email them the official Embassy letter included in Packet 3, along with the pre-registration form they sent me. (in advance)

I think you should be receiving Packet 3 very soon. Good luck! 

Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 5:19 PM, Duane & Haney said:

Haney & Duane

uh uh im late, sorry.

All the  replies  from Greenbaum, toocold, and affluxdelux are all correct.  One  good  advise ,  call Fullerton  to  follow up the status  of  medical report.  Of course,  given the 10  working days window .    It will be great if Haney has her vaccine records ready.

BTW, im happy on the progress of your journey.  All the best!

Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 11:58 AM, Greenbaum said:

Here is what you'll need for the medical exam. Have these items and your plan can be executed.

SCHEDULE MEDICAL EXAM

Fullerton Healthcare / Drs. Horne & Chin Pte Ltd

391B Orchard Road #25-01/02/07/08

Ngee Ann City Tower B

Singapore 238874

Tel: 6664-3804

Email: hcpl@fullertonhealthcare.com

-PAPER FROM PACKAGE 3 WITH CASE NUMBER ON IT

-CONFIRMATION PAGE DS-160

-PASSPORT

-4 PASSPORT PHOTOS – WHITE BACKGROUND (BENEFICIARY)

-IMMUNIZATION RECORD

-FORM OF PAYMENT (CASH, CREDIT CARD)

-KEEP X-RAYS FOR ENTRY INTO USA

Appreciate that, @Greenbaum! I will update the Singapore K-1 thread once we are through the process. :-)

15 hours ago, toocold said:

Hi, I think you should receive your packet 3 before Nov 1 based on a number of timelines I've seen and my own experience. But just in case you don't receive it in time and want to postpone the medical, you should be able to find something soon - I called on the 17th and got a slot for the 24th. According to their pre-registration information form, Haney will need to bring the following on appointment day:

- Original passport

- Letter of interview, with case number (I believe this is enclosed in the P3, but I'm going to bring the email they sent to confirm the interview date too)

- 4 recent colour, normal passport-sized photographs, NOT US Passport-sized (all 4 must be the same): for adults

On the form, they would ask typical things like name, address, contact number, email, appointment date and time, interview date (if any), and intended US address. She will also have to bring the original copy of the pre-registration information form on the day itself.  

Thank you for taking the time, @toocold. I hope, too, that we will have the packet 3 this week. According to the CEAC tracker, the embassy received our case file from the NVC today, so looks good so far. 👍

14 hours ago, affluxdeluxe said:

Hello there,

@toocold is right. Not sure about others, but I played it safe and only booked and went for my medical after receiving Packet 3. As my appointment was the very next day, Fullerton asked me to email them the official Embassy letter included in Packet 3, along with the pre-registration form they sent me. (in advance)

I think you should be receiving Packet 3 very soon. Good luck! 

Hello @affluxdeluxe, thanks for your reply! This K-1 process has been so long, that Haney and I are trying to save every day on the back end. You did the right thing, and we would have done that in different circumstances. 😁

3 hours ago, Teyci said:

uh uh im late, sorry.

All the  replies  from Greenbaum, toocold, and affluxdelux are all correct.  One  good  advise ,  call Fullerton  to  follow up the status  of  medical report.  Of course,  given the 10  working days window .    It will be great if Haney has her vaccine records ready.

BTW, im happy on the progress of your journey.  All the best!

Thank you, @Teyci  We will definitely do that, and also be watching this thread to see how your experience ends with Fullerton. :jest:

Hope your interviews go / went well and wish you all the best!

Haney & Duane

01/20/2018 – DAY 000 – I-129F packet sent via FedEx

01/22/2018 – DAY 002 – I-129F packet delivered to Lewisville, TX in AM

01/26/2018 – DAY 005 – I-129F text & e-mail confirmation received, check cashed

02/01/2018 – DAY 011 – I-129F NOA1 hard copy received (postmark 1/29 CA to MI)

09/14/2018 – DAY 237 – "official" I-129F NOA2 approval date per paper NOA2

09/17/2018 – DAY 240 – approval date I-129F NOA2 per phone app and "old" USCIS website

09/18/2018 – DAY 241 – call automated USCIS 1-800 number, approval I-129F confirmed

09/19/2018 – DAY 242 – consult new USCIS website. Updated two days late, but approved!

09/21/2018 – DAY 245 – received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10/01/2018 – DAY 255 – NVC received petition from USCIS and case number assigned

10/16/2018 – DAY 270 – NVC sends case file via DHL to Singapore embassy – CEAC status "In Transit"

10/19/2018 – DAY 273 – per DHL tracking case file received by Singapore embassy (Friday)

10/22/2018 – DAY 276 – status per CEAC website tracker now officially "READY" (Monday)

10/23/2018 – DAY 277 – packet 3 sent out by embassy via registered mail

10/25/2018 – DAY 279 – packet 3 delivered to incorrect address, SingPost mail redirect did not work!

10/29/2018 – DAY 283 – contacted embassy and received tracking information for packet 3

10/30/2018 – DAY 284 – retrieved packet 3 directly from SingPost, returned packet 3 via speedpost

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 3 received by embassy

10/31/2018 – DAY 285 – packet 4 e-mail received from embassy – interview date November 20th

11/01/2018 – DAY 286 – medical exam at Fullerton Clinic completed successfully

11/15/2018 – DAY 300 – medical exam report sent by clinic to embassy

11/20/2018 – DAY 305 – interview in embassy PASSED! review here

11/27/2018 – DAY 312 – K-1 visa picked up at Aramex

01/16/2019 – DAY 362 – POE Detroit Metro Airport review here

05/04/2019 – DAY 470 – send AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131)

05/09/2019 – DAY 475 – NOA date I-485 / I-765 / I-131

07/11/2019 – DAY 538 – NOA interview – scheduled for 8/22 Detroit Field Office

Same thing happened to me. Went for the medical checkup 15 days before the interview, but during the interview, I was informed by the embassy that they did not receive my medical report, so visa couldn't be issued. Called Fullerton twice right after the interview, 2 different call center operators said they would make sure my medical report would be sent to the embassy and a digital copy of it would be emailed to me on the next day, but it did not happen. So the next day, I called Fullerton again and also emailed them twice, but still, nothing was done, and up till now I still didn't get any email reply from Fullerton. Out of desperation, I physically went to Fullerton and talked to the person-in-charged. Person-in-charged said no one informed her about the delay of dispatch of my medical report to the embassy, so emailing and calling them were USELESS.. U have to physically visit the Fullerton clinic to make sure your medical reports are delivered to the embassy on time 😐 

The day after my visit to Fullerton, the embassy received my medical report and requested my passport to be submitted to aramex. 3 working days after my passport submission, visa was issued and on the 4th day, I collected my passport from aramex.

Timeline

Hey all,

My visa was finally issued today! Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and advice. All the best in your immigration journey!

Here's my visa status timeline for reference:

9th Oct: Interview Day/Ready/Admin Processing
10th Oct: Medical was delivered
12th Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
17th Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
23rd Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
24th Oct: Admin Processing/ Case Updated
25th Oct: Application Received/ Non-Immigrant Visa
26th Oct: Admin Processing/Issued

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, toocold said:

- Original passport

Is the DS-160 not needed? Is the medical payment not taken at the time of the exam? My information is different from yours but "boots on the ground" is better in understanding what is needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

2 hours ago, affluxdeluxe said:

Hey all,

My visa was finally issued today! Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and advice. All the best in your immigration journey!

Here's my visa status timeline for reference:

9th Oct: Interview Day/Ready/Admin Processing
10th Oct: Medical was delivered
12th Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
17th Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
23rd Oct: Admin Processing/Case Updated
24th Oct: Admin Processing/ Case Updated
25th Oct: Application Received/ Non-Immigrant Visa
26th Oct: Admin Processing/Issued

Congratulations.

Can you help clear up the items needed for the Medical there in Singapore. Thanks. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
17 hours ago, v.koh said:

DSame thing happened to me. Went for the medical checkup 15 days before the interview, but during the interview, I was informed by the embassy that they did not receive my medical report, so visa couldn't be issued. Called Fullerton twice right after the interview, 2 different call center operators said they would make sure my medical report would be sent to the embassy and a digital copy of it would be emailed to me on the next day, but it did not happen. So the next day, I called Fullerton again and also emailed them twice, but still, nothing was done, and up till now I still didn't get any email reply from Fullerton. Out of desperation, I physically went to Fullerton and talked to the person-in-charged. Person-in-charged said no one informed her about the delay of dispatch of my medical report to the embassy, so emailing and calling them were USELESS.. U have to physically visit the Fullerton clinic to make sure your medical reports are delivered to the embassy on time 😐 

The day after my visit to Fullerton, the embassy received my medical report and requested my passport to be submitted to aramex. 3 working days after my passport submission, visa was issued and on the 4th day, I collected my passport from aramex.

This! As a last resort, I too, had to physically make my way to Fullerton before my interview day to seek clarification. I practically gave up on the phone calls and emails. The only person who was of any real help to me at the call centre, was the customer service manager who expedited the report quickly when requested.

Should any of you call the clinic to enquire about your medical, I highly recommend you to ask to speak to Donald (customer service manager). He was extremely efficient compared to rest of the front desk staff.

Aside from the Fullerton snafu, every step of the K1 journey went really smoothly!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Is the DS-160 not needed? Is the medical payment not taken at the time of the exam? My information is different from yours but "boots on the ground" is better in understanding what is needed.

Ds160 only needed to get visa interview. Medical can be scheduled without p3 but must be attended with a copy of the visa letter in p3. Medical payment made at the end of health examination. 

~ 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, affluxdeluxe said:

This! As a last resort, I too, had to physically make my way to Fullerton before my interview day to seek clarification. I practically gave up on the phone calls and emails. The only person who was of any real help to me at the call centre, was the customer service manager who expedited the report quickly when requested.

Should any of you call the clinic to enquire about your medical, I highly recommend you to ask to speak to Donald (customer service manager). He was extremely efficient compared to rest of the front desk staff.

Aside from the Fullerton snafu, every step of the K1 journey went really smoothly!

Jeez. I'm sorry you had to wait this long after your interview all because of a one day delay in the embassy receiving your medical report. I told the front desk personnel to expedite the process because it's only 9 working days from medical to visa interview and she made some kind of note on the papers but good god I guess we will soon find out whether it will be expedited or not. Technically I can wait till the 21st (my last day at work) but the earlier the better. Fingers crossed. 

~ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.