affluxdeluxe

Delay of Medical Report Delivery - Visa Status still in Administration Processing

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had my K1 visa interview last Tuesday, 9th October 2018 at the US Embassy in Singapore. The interview went exceedingly well, and it was over in 10 minutes. The consul did not even ask to see any relationship evidence. 

However, my medical was not delivered in time for the interview - it was delivered one day later, on 10th October. The consul told me aside from the medical report they were waiting on, my case looked good and I should expect to receive my visa on hand in about a week's time.

My visa status on the CEAC website is still in Administrative Processing - my case was updated twice, on 12th and 17th October. I am kind of in limbo right now. It has been 9 working days since my interview. I've checked with a fellow Singaporean VJ-er who had her interview on the same day as I did, and her visa was promptly issued Monday, 15th October.

P.S: If it was not for Fullerton Healthcare's negligence and inefficiency (!!!), I probably would have received my visa days ago. Singaporean filers, please be wary of Fullerton Healthcare. They have caused much distress. As I had a very short window between receiving Packet 3 and the Interview date (less than 14 days), I had to rush to have my medical done. I called Fullerton daily to remind them to expedite my report, but clearly it did not help.

Would really appreciate if anyone here could give me an idea of when I should expect my visa status to change to 'Issued'? Surely a one-day delay of medical report delivery would not have such an impact on the processing time?

Thank you!

Edited by affluxdeluxe

Timeline
2 minutes ago, toocold said:

Sorry, I meant medical on 24 Oct*** and visa interview on 7 Nov. Typo in my prev post.

That's 10 working days - you should be fine. I only had 8 working days from medical to interview.

However, I would still strongly encourage you to call the clinic once every couple of days to confirm the medical is on its way, and remind them to deliver it before your interview date. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

With medical being delivered the next day. They need to look that over and make sure it's ok. Then they will send ur visa. I'd give it another week as it states that u should schedule medical minimal of 14 days before the interview. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Timeline
10 minutes ago, BJ & Christine said:

With medical being delivered the next day. They need to look that over and make sure it's ok. Then they will send ur visa. I'd give it another week as it states that u should schedule medical minimal of 14 days before the interview. 

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I had a short window of less than 14 days between the receipt of Packet 3/4  and my interview date. I had my medical done one day after receiving Packet 4. 

Greenbaum's Tips:  If your medical/Embassy require that the medical facility transport your medical results then you should consider at LEAST a bare minimum window of 14 business days for that to happen. Don't a$$|u|me that because you want to "rush" things and go outside their regiment that they are going to cow tow to your wishes. They have procedures and others that they have to keep moving along and if you come in with wanting to change that, don't be so surprised that it didn't work for you. Your failure to plan is not their responsibility to drop everything for you. People think!

If your medical facility works under the premise that the beneficiary will hand carry the medical results to the interview then it is advisable to plan at least 3 business days between interview and medical in the event that something gets delayed. Most times the delay is short a day or two. Not a big deal.

'Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.'

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Greenbaum's Tips:  If your medical/Embassy require that the medical facility transport your medical results then you should consider at LEAST a bare minimum window of 14 business days for that to happen. Don't a$$|u|me that because you want to "rush" things and go outside their regiment that they are going to cow tow to your wishes. They have procedures and others that they have to keep moving along and if you come in with wanting to change that, don't be so surprised that it didn't work for you. Your failure to plan is not their responsibility to drop everything for you. People think!

If your medical facility works under the premise that the beneficiary will hand carry the medical results to the interview then it is advisable to plan at least 3 business days between interview and medical in the event that something gets delayed. Most times the delay is short a day or two. Not a big deal.

'Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.'

In my original post, I mentioned I had a very short window of less than 14 days between the receipt of Packet 3 and my interview date. I was only able to schedule my medical 8 working days before my interview. Plus my medical facility takes 7-10 working days to deliver the medical to the Embassy. Please read carefully. Thanks.

Edited by affluxdeluxe

3 minutes ago, affluxdeluxe said:

In my original post, I mentioned I had a very short window of less than 14 days between the receipt of Packet 3 and my interview date. I was only able to schedule my medical 8 working days before my interview. Plus my medical facility takes 7-10 working days to deliver the medical to the Embassy. Please read carefully. Thanks.

Then you were well equipped with the knowledge that there would be a case for your visa to be delayed knowing that you had a "very short window". They have the gold so they make the rules. Simple as that. Since I did read carefully I was able to see what really happened. Over expectations on your part is how I read this.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
2 hours ago, affluxdeluxe said:

That's 10 working days - you should be fine. I only had 8 working days from medical to interview.

However, I would still strongly encourage you to call the clinic once every couple of days to confirm the medical is on its way, and remind them to deliver it before your interview date. 

I shall call them every day. I read multiple reviews here complaining about Fullerton. Trust me, I haven't even gone for the medical and I'm already noticing how careless they are, beginning with the appointment making. I wish you all the best with the AP and hope things will go smoothly after you get your visa!

~ 

Timeline

Exactly! Yes, prior to my medical, I had read a lot of negative reviews here on this forum about Fullerton Healthcare. Thus, I was super wary and took the advice of some Singaporean VJ-ers to call them couple of times over the week regarding updates on the delivery of the medical. Thing is, when you call them, you are directed to their call centre, not the clinic. So, miscommunication between the call centre and clinic is not uncommon. 😩

Thank you so much. Best of luck to you too! I hope your medical goes well, and your visa would be approved with zero delays. Please feel free to PM me if you have any other concerns. Take care!

Edited by affluxdeluxe

Timeline
4 hours ago, affluxdeluxe said:

Hello everyone,

I had my K1 visa interview last Tuesday, 9th October 2018 at the US Embassy in Singapore. The interview went exceedingly well, and it was over in 10 minutes. The consul did not even ask to see any relationship evidence. 

However, my medical was not delivered in time for the interview - it was delivered one day later, on 10th October. The consul told me aside from the medical report they were waiting on, my case looked good and I should expect to receive my visa on hand in about a week's time.

My visa status on the CEAC website is still in Administrative Processing - my case was updated twice, on 12th and 17th October. I am kind of in limbo right now. It has been 9 working days since my interview. I've checked with a fellow Singaporean VJ-er who had her interview on the same day as I did, and her visa was promptly issued Monday, 15th October.

P.S: If it was not for Fullerton Healthcare's negligence and inefficiency (!!!), I probably would have received my visa days ago. Singaporean filers, please be wary of Fullerton Healthcare. They have caused much distress. As I had a very short window between receiving Packet 3 and the Interview date (less than 14 days), I had to rush to have my medical done. I called Fullerton daily to remind them to expedite my report, but clearly it did not help.

Would really appreciate if anyone here could give me an idea of when I should expect my visa status to change to 'Issued'? Surely a one-day delay of medical report delivery would not have such an impact on the processing time?

Thank you!

Hello there!  Imgoing through somewhat similar dilemma now.  We (myself and son) went for our interview on 10 Oct.  Interview went great ..CO was very pleasant and nice.  At the end of the interview, the officer said our documents are complete and we should receive our visa/passports  in a weeks time.

Our case was updated from AP (12 OCT) to Issued (16 OCT)  but  until today ARAMEX hasnt  received our passports  :(

I know others got their passport the following day after their status changed to ISSUED.   I've been calling ARAMEX every day and checking UStraveldocs link to check updates but no luck.

Timeline
5 hours ago, toocold said:

Following this. My medical is scheduled for 24 Nov but just received email today that interview is for 7 November. I'm really worried that my medical report won't get to them in time... 

Hi!  Similarly, what happened to us..our Medical scheduled 6 Oct.  Received email that we are scheduled for interview 10 Oct ..so I quickly called Fullerton and asked for an earliest appointment.  Thank God we were able to get one on 28 Aug .  There were hiccups along the way ..called fullerton to follow up and highlighted to them of our interview date.

Same thing happened to us, but in Auckland!   Fiancé had his medical on 9/24.   Auckland is one of the consulates that scheduled your interview for you, and it happened to be for three days later, on the 27th.  Medical report arrived at the consulate on the 28th, and the visa was in hand on 10/8.   The CEAC status bizarrely went from “AP” to “Application Received,” back to AP, then finally to issued.   

It was a nerve-wracking few days, but the CO had assured him that everything else looked good, so we assumed it would be approved.

Good luck during this final wait!   

1 hour ago, Teyci said:

Hello there!  Imgoing through somewhat similar dilemma now.  We (myself and son) went for our interview on 10 Oct.  Interview went great ..CO was very pleasant and nice.  At the end of the interview, the officer said our documents are complete and we should receive our visa/passports  in a weeks time.

Our case was updated from AP (12 OCT) to Issued (16 OCT)  but  until today ARAMEX hasnt  received our passports  :(

I know others got their passport the following day after their status changed to ISSUED.   I've been calling ARAMEX every day and checking UStraveldocs link to check updates but no luck.

You need to be a little more patient and not expect your case is the same as ithers. You have trust the process.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.