WorriedBrit

Hair test if admitting to prior drug use? (UK)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are many countries that do not do drug tests during the medical. Unless that person admits to drug use. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There are technical instructions to panel physicians provided by the US government. 

See this part:

Technical Instructions for Physical or Mental Disorders with Associated Harmful Behaviors and Substance-related Disorders for Panel Physicians https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/mental-panel-technical-instructions.html

Laboratory Testing

Random screening for drugs is not part of the routine medical examination for applicants for U.S. admission. The panel physician needs to evaluate the applicant’s history, behavior and physical appearance when determining if drug screening should be performed.

That's a snippet. Read more using the link provided.

The urine is collected primarily for gonorrhea testing.

Edited by Wuozopo

22 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Unless I see it with my own eyes I don't really buy it. I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe it unless I can see some sort of evidence from your embassy that they do not, in fact, drug test applicants wanted to immigrate to the U.S. Apparently some embassies don't drug test .... that's new to me, but I don't spend very much time studying that topic.

If you did not see the results or call and ask them what every single test was that they ran AND you also gave blood and urine then I bet you were tested for drug use. Marijuana (to name to most common) in a urine is extremely cheap to test..... like a pregnancy test. Dirt cheap.

Nope, I really wasn't. I never gave them a urine sample, just a vaginal swab (for gonorrhea) and a blood sample and blood testing for marijuana is only useful when testing whether you're high or not in this moment (just like alcohol testing). It's not useful for detecting whether you smoked weed even yesterday. I also saw the results from all the tests and they never tested me for any drugs. They just asked me if I've ever used drugs, I said no and that was it. I guess I don't look like a junkie. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 7:23 PM, Orangesapples said:

Nope, I really wasn't. I never gave them a urine sample, just a vaginal swab (for gonorrhea) and a blood sample and blood testing for marijuana is only useful when testing whether you're high or not in this moment (just like alcohol testing). It's not useful for detecting whether you smoked weed even yesterday. I also saw the results from all the tests and they never tested me for any drugs. They just asked me if I've ever used drugs, I said no and that was it. I guess I don't look like a junkie. 

Blood tests can show THC levels for up to 3 weeks of prior use, longer if you're a daily consumer of marijuana.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

4 hours ago, cduran said:

Blood tests can show THC levels for up to 3 weeks of prior use, longer if you're a daily consumer of marijuana.

They didn't do that though, they sent me a copy of all the tests they did and I saw the results, there was no drug testing whatsoever. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-weed-stay-in-your-system#detection-time-by-drug-test

And testing for THC in the blood would be a total waste when it's only in certain cases that you can get a positive after more than 2-3 days. If they wanted to test for THC, they would have asked for urine but they didn't. 

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Orangesapples said:

They didn't do that though, they sent me a copy of all the tests they did and I saw the results, there was no drug testing whatsoever. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-weed-stay-in-your-system#detection-time-by-drug-test

And testing for THC in the blood would be a total waste when it's only in certain cases that you can get a positive after more than 2-3 days. If they wanted to test for THC, they would have asked for urine but they didn't. 

I'm not arguing if they did or did not test you for drugs. If you say they didn't, so they didn't.

Just stating a blood test CAN provide a positive and on frequent users normally does. Urine is not more effective than blood testing.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm not sure if anyone actually bothered to give you a clear or straight answer to this, but the answer is no. they do not do hair tests, if you have a history of alcohol  / drug issues they will request you do a supervised urine sample for drug testing and that is all. this information applies to the UK only. I have no experience or knowledge on what goes on in other countries when it comes down to medicals. 

I-129F Submitted: 01 November 2017NOA1 Received: 03 November 2017NOA2 Received: 22 May 2018 | NVC Received: 08 June 2018 | Consulate Received: 06 July 2018 | Medical: 27 July 2018 | Interview: 10 August 2018 (APPROVED) | VISA in Hand: 22 August 2018 | POE: 28 September 2018 :joy:

Days between NOA1 until VISA in hand: 292

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, LeesaMarie said:

I'm not sure if anyone actually bothered to give you a clear or straight answer to this, but the answer is no. they do not do hair tests, if you have a history of alcohol  / drug issues they will request you do a supervised urine sample for drug testing and that is all. this information applies to the UK only. I have no experience or knowledge on what goes on in other countries when it comes down to medicals. 

I gave an answer on Friday:

Nobody has ever reported a hair test at Knightsbridge clinic. They use a urine sample to test for drugs if you admit to ever using drugs or even trying out one time.

Drug testing is not a routine part of the visa medical exam. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, WorriedBrit said:

Hello everyone,

My fiance and I have just submitted our I-129F form so are a long way off the Medical/Interview. I would like to know if anyone in the UK has had to have a drug hair test when admitting to prior drug use? I have used once at a party in the last year, which would likely come up in a hair test and cause me to fail. Has anyone experienced this?

Many thanks

Update? Did they use hair test to u? Because my mom also admitted it and cause to fail so she needs to redo her medical she is worried that they will use hair test. I hope fhey won’t. Plss reply we also need answers😞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.