19 posts in this topic

I was refused under 221 g on 3rd May 2018. They requested submission of additional documents. On June, 20 , I submitted these documents to embassy approved courier service. Two months passed and I didn’t hear anything from them. After inquires, they replied that they never received any documents though AEG confirmed that they were received on 21st June. So, I submitted the documents again on 12th sept and heard nothing for a while. Then I submitted two visa inquiries at pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry/ and attached the requested documents as pdfs but I got no reply. I contacted them again at provide feedback section of us traveldocs account, they requested receipts and stuff and visa status changed from refused to ready on 27th September. Does this mean that my application is approved or no? How long will it take? It’s almost been 2 years since my visa process started and the wait is really frustrating especially with a long distance marriage.

The visa is not "approved" until it is issued, which would show "ISSUED" on CEAC. Ready is likely a sign they are still reviewing the case.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Any idea how long it’ll take? Medical expiring in a week

Edited by Nida Bakhtawar

2 minutes ago, Nida Bakhtawar said:

Any idea how long it’ll take? Medical expiring in a week

A new medical will be needed as the visa's validity period is limited by the medical examination's validity...and a visa isn't likely to arrive within a week even if they issued it today, let alone getting it and making arrangements to fly out and use it. Sorry.

But don't do a new medical until requested either.

No idea how long it will take...it all depends on what they are still looking at in the case. For instance, if it's in security checks (common for Pakistan as the PCCs are not reliable), it could be weeks or months. Or maybe it's sitting waiting for a review or supervisor sign-off before being issued, which is more likely in the weeks category.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Thanks for replying. If they request a new medical, what would be the best way to send it? As medicals are quite expensive and I’ve had bad experiences with sent documents being lost in bundles of files at the embassy. Thanks again

4 minutes ago, Nida Bakhtawar said:

Thanks for replying. If they request a new medical, what would be the best way to send it? As medicals are quite expensive and I’ve had bad experiences with sent documents being lost in bundles of files at the embassy. Thanks again

I'll have to defer to somebody more familiar with that consulate on hwo they request the documents and the best way to send them, sorry, I'm just not familiar enough with those details with that consulate to speak on it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

@Nida Bakhtawar Hey Nida. What's your visa? And how was your interview ? Can u share detail? Is there any age difference ? And how long exactly you've been in AP? How many inquires you've made so far ? And how many replies you've got ?

I'm in AP since 1st July under 221g. Consular haven't requested anything. Online status refused. Case last updated 26 sept. K1 visa. 

Extreme delay?  I just chatted with someone who has been in AP for 20 months now!  That is extreme delay.  I can't image what they are going through.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 hours ago, Kashan.01 said:

@Nida Bakhtawar if you're visa is spouse then I don't think it should have be delayed like this. Share your all details. Interview and about spouse?  Any red flag?

Exactly. Cases like mine with 221 g for submission of additional documents are mostly resolved within a month after submitting documents as I’ve heard and seen some of my family friends. The real thing is that submitted documents just don’t get lost by embassy approved courier services. And I’ve sent them the same documents like four times till they received.

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Extreme delay?  I just chatted with someone who has been in AP for 20 months now!  That is extreme delay.  I can't image what they are going through.

They probably won’t be under spousal visa with everyone getting married like more than a year after them already with their spouse in the United States. Also, 221 g cases for submission of additional documents are mostly resolved within a month after submitting documents. 

Just now, Nida Bakhtawar said:

They probably won’t be under spousal visa with everyone getting married like more than a year after them already with their spouse in the United States. Also, 221 g cases for submission of additional documents are mostly resolved within a month after submitting documents. 

Yes, usually.  They are a spousal visa and at a high fraud embassy.  They did not get a 221g and the embassy took the passport.  There may be some background info they aren't sharing but this is what they claim.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 hours ago, msa1234 said:

what kind of additional documents did they ask for? (financial, photos/emails/etc, missing docs)

Just now, Nida Bakhtawar said:

Also, they asked for domicile for another state. So my husband had to move to another state for me to come and find another job. So you can get an idea about how frustrating this can be especially when you sent them all documents months ago

1 minute ago, Nida Bakhtawar said:

Also, they asked for domicile for another state. So my husband had to move to another state for me to come and find another job. So you can get an idea about how frustrating this can be especially when you sent them all documents months ago

They asked your husband to move?  That is really bizarre.  This is not a short or easy journey.  I hope that yours ends soon.  There is enough stress without adding any additional.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.