binod

K1 refused on 221g. Now filing I-130 for spouse

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding i-130.

2 year ago I filed I-130 petition to my sister. USCIS received it and sent me a letter with a priority date of Jan 2015. As petition of sibling takes almost a decade, it will be sitting there  till priority is current. Now I am filing I-130 petition to my spouse. In Part 5 Question: Have you EVER previously filed a petition for this beneficiary or any other alien?. Do I need to mention about my sister petition? If Yes, then where exactly I need to enter the information. In relative 1 section 6.a or in 2.a? Pls find attached screenshot.

a.png

This question can't be more clear or self explanatory. 

Of course you answer YES. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline

Hello,

I have quick question regarding I130a supplement signature. My spouse is overseas and will not able to sign the form so I am filling out I130A. Just to clarify.. we don't need no signature at all in I130A form correct? Just leave all signature place blank even though I prepared for her right?? I am just double verifying it just to avoid any RFE's.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, binod said:

Hello,

I have quick question regarding I130a supplement signature. My spouse is overseas and will not able to sign the form so I am filling out I130A. Just to clarify.. we don't need no signature at all in I130A form correct? Just leave all signature place blank even though I prepared for her right?? I am just double verifying it just to avoid any RFE's.

Yes. If your spouse is in overseas, i130A doesn't need to be signed. We did not sign our i130A as instructed and we got approved.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, binod said:

Hello,

Yes, your spouse does not need to sign the form.  You can as preparer if you want but that's not needed either.  Read the instructions and form carefully, interpret them literally and act accordingly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

hi... my husband did the same as its return no need for the beneficiary tosign. but i got rfe for the signature . n then i signed n post mail i 130a alone.. n v submit ngot approval . better to sign n send. to avoid waste of time on rfe. as we did.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jj201117 said:

hi... my husband did the same as its return no need for the beneficiary tosign. but i got rfe for the signature . n then i signed n post mail i 130a alone.. n v submit ngot approval . better to sign n send. to avoid waste of time on rfe. as we did.

were you in the United States or in Overseas when your husband filed I30a on your behalf?

Timeline

Hello,

I will be traveling to India and will be staying there for a year. During my stay in India my friend will be staying in my apartment in US. Can I complete my I-130 form from India and send it to my friend in US so that my friend can file my application from US? My address will be from USA.

Edited by binod

Timeline
12 minutes ago, kris&me said:

why not just mail it from India?

Ok. So I can file from India by putting my US mailing address and Physical address of India in I-130?  Can I do that?

Edited by binod

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, binod said:

Ok. So I can file from India by putting my US mailing address and Physical address of India in I-130?  Can I do that?

Of course.  However, from India, I would use the physical address on Dearborn Street in Chicago and ship via DHL or Fedex.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hello,

I did court marriage in India but marriage registration certificate is all in Indian language. I made english translation and notarized. So when submitting I-130 for spouse do I need to send only english translation or it require original copy as well?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.