ZoeUK1989

Withdrawal of GC application

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey guys,

I am very sorry that I have no idea where to put this post so I figured I would put it here and if it should be somewhere else then someone will advise and move it.

I am wondering if anyone can advise on how I officially withdraw my GC application? 

I see on a website that it says I have to give them the office where I filed. I have no idea where this is... Does it go to the same place where I originally sent it or to the place where it should be being processed? Phoenix for example

Also it asks for a copy of my receipt notice which is impossible to give them because they didn't send one and when I tried to obtain on, I got passed pillar to post with no resolution. I received a letter back that simply stated they were arranging my interview and never actually answered my question. 

Anyone know where i should be saying I filed and what to do if I cannot provide them with the forms they are requesting because they didn't send me in the first place.

Thanks 

Zoe 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The petitioner can withdraw the petition by writing a letter to USCIS and explaining that you wish to withdraw the petition. Include a copy of the application you sent to them, or at a minimum, your and your ex-fiance's names and dates of birth 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, ZoeUK1989 said:

hey,

I am or was the beneficiary. My wife is the USC 

Thanks 

Your wife????   Your wife will have to withdraw the petition...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They married but now want to withdraw the petition for AOS.

The USC, the petitioner, still needs to send in the request to withdraw the petition.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
Just now, Ben&Zian said:

They married but now want to withdraw the petition for AOS.

The USC, the petitioner, still needs to send in the request to withdraw the petition.

Thanks.....yea, my slow brain figured that out after it was too late to edit....lol....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, missileman said:

Thanks.....yea, my slow brain figured that out after it was too late to edit....lol....

I have those days a lot especially before my cup or two of coffee.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There is no petition in this question. The UK person applied for AOS. He no longer wants a greencard. He writes the letter to withdraw his application. The USC petitioner did not apply for a greencard so has nothing to withdraw.

ZoeUK--I am sorry to hear it has come to this. From past posts,  I know your struggles here with the application  and health issues have been quite the ordeal. Best of luck on a better future. 

Timeline

Yes, my wife. Still married and still intend on being together just not in the united states. 

My wife did not apply for a GC, I did so I believe I would be the person needing to withdraw. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

There is no petition in this question. The UK person applied for AOS. He no longer wants a greencard. He writes the letter to withdraw his application. The USC petitioner did not apply for a greencard so has nothing to withdraw.

ZoeUK--I am sorry to hear it has come to this. From past posts,  I know your struggles here with the application  and health issues have been quite the ordeal. Best of luck on a better future. 

Wuozopo, I would just like to thank you for your kind wishes. Its nice to see that you have been reading my posts and remembering what I have been through. I also hope you are well :) 

Also, This was my thought, that it would be me that needs to withdraw and not my wife as I don't really remember it being anything about her on the form. Only me and my wife for the I-864. 

13 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

The USC petitioner did not apply for a greencard so has nothing to withdraw.

Well, the original petitioner (the USC) can withdraw the I-864 to kill the I-485 still.

But since it's mutual, the intending immigrant can just withdraw their application (I-485).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

13 hours ago, ZoeUK1989 said:

Yes, my wife. Still married and still intend on being together just not in the united states. 

My wife did not apply for a GC, I did so I believe I would be the person needing to withdraw. 

Actually, she was the one who applied for a green card, you just provided the affidavit of support. She's the one who signed the i-485

Timeline

Just to clarify because there seems to be a lot of confusion on who is the petitioner and who was the beneficiary of the K1 to the GC. 

My name is Zoe and I am from the UK. My wife is the USC and we are in a same sex relationship which is probably why people are getting a little confused when I say Wife because the automatic thought in peoples heads in the partner to the wife is usually a man, the Husband. So just to throw a little spanner in the works we are Mrs and Mrs ;) 

Me, Zoe, filed the AOS. I signed it. My wife is the USC and signed the I-864. I will write the letter to withdraw it my I-485, I just don't know where to put that it was filed because I thought everyone sent it to the same place (that Chicago lockbox or wherever it was) Its, been 16 months since I filed and I have been through a lot since filing anything including the K1 so I can't remember. 

When I contacted them to tell them they hadn't sent me a receipt for the I-485 they told me they didn't keep those records longer than 6 months and I would need to contact the office where I filed, which was where I thought I was asking.

I get so confused because of the terminology they use, Is the place I filed the same place as where It should be being processed? 

When it comes to sending them a copy of my I-797c for my I-485 application then they have no chance of getting that from me because they didn't send me one and no matter how hard I tried to get one, they wouldn't give me one. so its tough luck really.

This process has been a pain in the a** start to now for me but I still want to withdraw my application in the correct way, even if they haven't done everything by the book for me and my wife.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.