Imej

K1 was refused

109 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Imej said:

A little over a year

How long were you PHYSICALLY together.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Boiler said:

We have an answer.

Sounds like you need first to work out how you will rearrange your life first so you can take the relationship forward.

Online relationships and few meetings doesn't work out for them?

What if we get married and I come back and apply CR1? And still not being able to live together for more then few day

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Imej said:

Maybe 4 days.. we can't be physically together as I live in USA and being single parent.

There's the reason for your denial. 

Four days of being together.

You need to make more visits and spend more time together to show a bona fide relationship.

Too many fakers who meet one time and decide to marry.  Right now, you look like that to the US Embassy.  You need to do more to make yourself look less like a faker.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need a real relationship as well as an online relationship.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Imej said:

What if we get married and I come back and apply CR1? And still not being able to live together for more then few day

Online only relationships and ONE MEETING for 4 days does not work.

Getting married and filing for the CR1 does not overcome the lack of supporting evidence of a real relationship.  Fakers don't have the time or desire to make a long paper trail. Fakers want everything NOW, so they rush petitions without any evidence of time spent together.  You want to distinguish yourself from the Fakers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Imej said:

In my opinion, a married couple living apart can build a more convincing case for a bona fide relationship than can an engaged couple who live apart.  I think marriage shows a deeper level of commitment, and can produce legal documents which an engagement can not.  Regardless, the strongest evidence you can provide is that of actual time spent together...... 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

In addition, more time actually together has many practical benefits for the relationship as compared to an online relationship.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

There's the reason for your denial. 

Four days of being together.

You need to make more visits and spend more time together to show a bona fide relationship.

Too many fakers who meet one time and decide to marry.  Right now, you look like that to the US Embassy.  You need to do more to make yourself look less like a faker.

I dont think that this is the only reason. The OP mentioned in his 1st post that CO told her fiance that she just wants to immigrate.

This could be due to the fiance's response to the question. 

@Imej what kind of questions were asked?

Timeline

Lack of spending time together to show a bona fide relationship is often the reason for a denial.    Fake petitioners want money as fast as possible and fake beneficiaries want to get to the US as fast as possible.  They get married or engaged on the first visit after a few days.   

Her words don't magically blind the CO to a lack of time spent together.  

Does this couple look like fakers who met for a few days to meet the K-1 requirements or a real couple with a history together?  The CO made his/her decision based on this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Imej said:

you had 1 meeting for only 4 days

no,  not enough

i had 5 visits all over a month/  2 for 3 months

NOt a Mena country / that is Africa and middle east

but it is considered high fraud

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Lack of spending time together to show a bona fide relationship is often the reason for a denial.    Fake petitioners want money as fast as possible and fake beneficiaries want to get to the US as fast as possible.  They get married or engaged on the first visit after a few days.   

Her words don't magically blind the CO to a lack of time spent together.  

Does this couple look like fakers who met for a few days to meet the K-1 requirements or a real couple with a history together?  The CO made his/her decision based on this.

I understand and not denying this important fact. However there are lots of VJ members here from Pakistan who visited once and got their visa/case approved.

Some of them meet in a different country but were able to convince the CO with the evidence of the ongoing relationship. If we are really trying to help the OP then we should look at the entire picture, not just one factor. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you are coming up with some strange suggestions for trying to get this approved

only know a year

only spent 4 days with her

can not afford more time

can only go back for a few days if you go to marry

do not want to go to Pakistan to marry but the UAE / do you know what it takes for a USC to marry there

her family wil attend /  who will pay for them to go to UAEA?

just go to Pakistan and marry and spend some more time with her if you want an approval / 4 days and a few days won't do it / they can deny a CR1 too

Edited by adil-rafa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.