J❤️J

Cover letter for I-485, I-765 and I-131 - missing anything???

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

Below is the cover letter I intend to send USCIS for my AOS as a K1. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! 🇺🇸😀

October xx,2018

USCIS – U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: Adjustment of Status for K1 – A#xxxxxxx     WAC#xxxxxxxx
Jane Smith (maiden name) / Jane Brown (married/legal name)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please find enclosed the following documents:

1.    Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-485, I-765 and I-131 applications (do I need to submit 3 separate G1145s  or just 1 G-1145?)
2.    Packet for Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status (and supporting documents)
3.    Packet for Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (and supporting documents)
4.    Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document

My eligibility is based on admission as the fiancée of xxxxxxxxxx, a U.S. citizen and our subsequent marriage within 90 days of entry.

Packet for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status includes:
•    Form I-485 signed and dated
•    A money order in the amount of $1,225 made payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security ($1,140 filing fee + $85 biometric fee) 
•    Two (2) passport style photos 
•    Copy of passport (biographical page) 
•    Copy of K1 Visa 
•    Copy of foreign (Canadian) birth certificate
•    Copy of I-94 
•    Copy of marriage certificate
•    Copy of Form I-797 (Notice of Action) Approval for I-129F
•    DS-3025 Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet)
•    Invoice from Medisys (K1 Visa Medical Examination)

•    Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from sponsor (xxxxxxxxx, husband) including:
- Letter from employer – Company xxxxxxx
- Copies of Income Tax transcripts 

- Copies of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s W-2 
- Copies of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s recent pay stubs 
- Bank Statement of U.S. Citizen spouse

Packet for Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization includes:
•    Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
•    Copy of I-94 
•    Copy of K1 Visa
•    Two (2) Passport style photos 

Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document includes:
•    Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
•    Copy of I-94
•    Copy of Marriage Certificate

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit the original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date.
Sincerely,

1 hour ago, J❤️J said:

Hello!

Below is the cover letter I intend to send USCIS for my AOS as a K1. Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance for any feedback! 🇺🇸😀

October xx,2018

USCIS – U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

RE: Adjustment of Status for K1 – A#xxxxxxx     WAC#xxxxxxxx
Jane Smith (maiden name) / Jane Brown (married/legal name)

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please find enclosed the following documents:

1.    Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance for I-485, I-765 and I-131 applications (do I need to submit 3 separate G1145s  or just 1 G-1145?) Yes, submit all three on the front of each application.
2.    Packet for Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status (and supporting documents)
3.    Packet for Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (and supporting documents)
4.    Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document

My eligibility is based on admission as the fiancée of xxxxxxxxxx, a U.S. citizen and our subsequent marriage within 90 days of entry.

Packet for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status includes:
•    Form I-485 signed and dated
•    A money order in the amount of $1,225 made payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security ($1,140 filing fee + $85 biometric fee) 
•    Two (2) passport style photos 
•    Copy of K1 Visa 
•    Copy of I-94 
•    Copy of marriage certificate
•    Copy of Form I-797 (Notice of Action) Approval for I-129F
•    DS-3025 Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet)
•    Invoice from Medisys (K1 Visa Medical Examination) Fill me in on why you are submitting this. I'd like to hear your reasoning!

•    Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from sponsor (xxxxxxxxx, husband) including:
- Letter from employer – Company xxxxxxx
- Copies of Income Tax transcripts 

- Copies of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s W-2 
- Copies of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s recent pay stubs 
- Bank Statement of U.S. Citizen spouse

Packet for Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization includes:
•    Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization
•    Copy of I-94 
•    Copy of K1 Visa

Plus a copy of the Marriage Certificate 

Packet for Form I-131 Application for Travel Document includes:
•    Form I-131, Application for Travel Document
•    Copy of I-94
•    Copy of Marriage Certificate

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit the original documents to an Immigration officer at a later date.
Sincerely,

I put cover pages on the I765 and I131 as well as they most likely be separated and sent to a different service location (the National Benefits Center) than your I485.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.