MarkandCharity

Packet 3 received....questions.

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok my fiancé (in Canada) received packet 3. It says to make sure we have everything on the check list and he has to fill out D60 online. Are we to mail in everything on the check list or take it with us to the interview? I am filling out the I134 and gathering all of the documents needed (almost have everything needed). Do I need to mail all of this to him so that he can mail it to the consulate or can I take it up there when I go to the interview with him?

List of everything I have....

1. Intent to marry

2. His and my birth certificate 

3. My Divorce Dicree 

4. His police record 

5. Signed affidavit of support I134 from me and my patents (they are cosposors)

A. Letter from our work 

B. Pay stubs (all from this year)

C. W2 from 2016 and 2017

D. Bank statements this year

6. Evidence of relationship

7. Two recent photographs

8. Evidence of petitioners domicile of US (what do I need for this one?)

Is this enough? Do I fill out an i864? 

Sorry for so many questions I just want to get this all right!

Read the instructions you received. You do not mail the documents, you bring them to the interview. You mail the checklist, DS160 barcode, plus copy of passport. 

I864 is for AOS, for the K1 you need the I134.

1 minute ago, MariekeH said:

Read the instructions you received. You do not mail the documents, you bring them to the interview. You mail the checklist, DS160 barcode, plus copy of passport. 

I864 is for AOS, for the K1 you need the I134.

You actually email the Montreal consulate the a scan of your checklist, the confirmation page of the DS160 which shows your information and your photo that you uploaded, and a copy of your passport. Then you wait for packet 4 which will be saying you're ready to schedule the interview. If you're going to the interview then don't bother mailing your fiancé all the documents. Make sure your "two recent photographs" are passport-style photos, and the proof of domicile can be your lease or other bills that come to your address. They're not too concerned about proof of domicile unless the US sponsor has been living outside the US for a while. Good luck! Don't forget the search box at the top of the visajourney page is your friend. If you have a question, chances are many people before you have too. :)

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 6:34 PM, ITMFA said:

You actually email the Montreal consulate the a scan of your checklist, the confirmation page of the DS160 which shows your information and your photo that you uploaded, and a copy of your passport. Then you wait for packet 4 which will be saying you're ready to schedule the interview. If you're going to the interview then don't bother mailing your fiancé all the documents. Make sure your "two recent photographs" are passport-style photos, and the proof of domicile can be your lease or other bills that come to your address. They're not too concerned about proof of domicile unless the US sponsor has been living outside the US for a while. Good luck! Don't forget the search box at the top of the visajourney page is your friend. If you have a question, chances are many people before you have too. :)

Does he need to check all of the items that apply to him on the check list.....sign it and then email that back? Not all apply like Canadian immigration documents, court record and military record? He wouldn’t have any of that.

7 hours ago, Markssoutherngirl said:

Does he need to check all of the items that apply to him on the check list.....sign it and then email that back? Not all apply like Canadian immigration documents, court record and military record? He wouldn’t have any of that.

Correct. I wrote "N/A" for the ones that didn't apply and checked the ones that did. Sign and date and scan :) The DS160 confirmation page will appear when you finish and submit it. Then you can save that as a PDF to attach to your email. The passport you just need the bio page. That's your packet 3! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
10 hours ago, ITMFA said:

Correct. I wrote "N/A" for the ones that didn't apply and checked the ones that did. Sign and date and scan :) The DS160 confirmation page will appear when you finish and submit it. Then you can save that as a PDF to attach to your email. The passport you just need the bio page. That's your packet 3! 

Thank you so much! One more question....I keep reading people saying different things but once he emails Packet 3 today can we go ahead online and set up our interview? Do they give you a date or can you choose one that works best? Same with the medical?

12 hours ago, Markssoutherngirl said:

Thank you so much! One more question....I keep reading people saying different things but once he emails Packet 3 today can we go ahead online and set up our interview? Do they give you a date or can you choose one that works best? Same with the medical?

You choose the date after you get packet 4 back.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.