rehan120

What does CEAC status ‘REFUSED’ mean?

11 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, rehan120 said:

At the end of my Interview, the Embassy gave me a letter and asked me to upload/submit few documents. Since next day of my Interview, my status on CEAC is ‘Refused’. 

What does that mean? 

Sometimes CEAC lists you as "refused" because of the 221g.  Return any documents they ask for and it can go back.  Technically you have been temporarily denied while waiting on additional information.  No need to worry yet.

What was the 221g for?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Sometimes CEAC lists you as "refused" because of the 221g.  Return any documents they ask for and it can go back.  Technically you have been temporarily denied while waiting on additional information.  No need to worry yet.

What was the 221g for?

Thanks. It was to submit Joint sponsor and one Civil Document. 

They want us to submit Joint sponsor online but the option of submitting Joint sponsor’s documents online has been closed now after Interview. Idk where to submit. I’m just thinking of adding them under Petitioner’s AOS section and will mention in comment that it’s for Joint Sponsor.

2 minutes ago, rehan120 said:

Thanks. It was to submit Joint sponsor and one Civil Document. 

They want us to submit Joint sponsor online but the option of submitting Joint sponsor’s documents online has been closed now after Interview. Idk where to submit. I’m just thinking of adding them under Petitioner’s AOS section and will mention in comment that it’s for Joint Sponsor.

Don't be too concerned about the "refused".  That is normal in many embassies.  You should be able to call or email the embassy and explain what you would like to do.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Don't be too concerned about the "refused".  That is normal in many embassies.  You should be able to call or email the embassy and explain what you would like to do.

To send en email to Embassy, they want us to fill an online email form. In that form they ask “Date NVC transferred Case to Embassy” . How would we know when NVC transferred our case to embassy?! NVC sent us an interview appointment email on sept 13 that NVC has completed your case and forwarded it to Embassy. Is that date i.e. Sept 13 , we put on “Date NVC transferred case to Embassy” ? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Kashan.01 said:

@rehan120 you can add case created date to NVC transferred date... you can get case created day when u check online status. 

Case Created Date is when NVC created Case. 

In an online inquiry to Embassy, they want “Date NVC transferred Case to Embassy”. So, I think its that date when NVC sent us an Interview Appointment Email mentioning that they have completed the case and forwarded the case to Embassy. 

• 4 weeks later...

My interview was CR1 Islamabad, I answered all questions. After interview co said “ I’m sending your case back to NVC for review”, he didn’t ask me to show any document , he didn’t gave me 221g.

and he gave me back nikah nama, and passport. 

I checked the status it shows “AP”, after few days it changed to “refused”, then my wife call to NVC they said “AP”. 

Edited by M-_Shah

1 hour ago, M-_Shah said:

My interview was CR1 Islamabad, I answered all questions. After interview co said “ I’m sending your case back to NVC for review”, he didn’t ask me to show any document , he didn’t gave me 221g.

and he gave me back nikah nama, and passport. 

I checked the status it shows “AP”, after few days it changed to “refused”, then my wife call to NVC they said “AP”. 

Did they say they were giving it back to NVC or to USCIS?  

IMG_5168.jpeg

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.