GGG1975

N-400 Is it a straight forward process or expect complication in the Baltiimore, MD field office?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Getting ready for interview.  I have my documents & studied the questions,  Do they usually ask questions about information you submitted on your K-1 application (I saw this on a review)?  Can I expect to be sworn in, review N-400 application, answer 10 civic questions, writing and reading test or have they started doing other things to prevent people from passing?

Timeline

Ok, cool beans.

I saw on a youtube video from a lawyer, in St Louis, Mo, said his client was asked to submit mail with his address on it.  He said his clients provided all the other documentation taxes, marriage license, bank statements, etc. but the agent asked about mail.  The lawyer said this was the second time he heard of agents requesting items outside of the norm  and so his client's application is pending.  It was not approved on the day of the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if you pass interview,  you must wait for the notice to be sworn  in at a later date (and even different office sometimes)

schelule of dates for swearing in ceremonies can be found online for your state

On 10/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, GGG1975 said:

Getting ready for interview.  I have my documents & studied the questions,  Do they usually ask questions about information you submitted on your K-1 application (I saw this on a review)?  Can I expect to be sworn in, review N-400 application, answer 10 civic questions, writing and reading test or have they started doing other things to prevent people from passing?

You seem to assume there is some hidden agenda at play here? Why do you think they want to prevent people from passing?

9 hours ago, CarlHamilton said:

Because his bien-pensant friends told him Trump hates immigrants.  

I don’t think that’s an inaccurate observation, but it’s quite a leap to some conspiracy theory that all uscis officials are looking for spurious reasons to deny legitimate applicants for immigration benefits.

Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 7:11 PM, love_my_wife said:

That's the most simplest form of evidence they can ask! What's complicated in getting a mail with your address on it? :rolleyes:

It’s simple but if it wasn’t a requirement before the interview that means more time and another day of dealing with this process when you’ve done everything that was expected.  Simple is relatively if that’s not being asked by everyone.

Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 6:13 PM, adil-rafa said:

this is not outside the norm

anyone should be able to show mail with his/her address after living here over 3 years

It’s not part of the required documents that’s my point. It is out of the norm when other evidence was provided.  It was an excuse to prolong the process for that couple.  I

Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 8:24 PM, SusieQQQ said:

You seem to assume there is some hidden agenda at play here? Why do you think they want to prevent people from passing?

It’s not an assumption.  It was based on a lawyer’s statement about what happened with his client.  I was just asking had anyone experienced the same in another office.  No assumption.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 minutes ago, GGG1975 said:

It’s not part of the required documents that’s my point. It is out of the norm when other evidence was provided.  It was an excuse to prolong the process for that couple.  I

Actually a person could maintain a bank account, IRS tax returns, etc with the address and still do business as so much is done online 

but actual mail delivered to you would show more of a possibility you have gotten it and read it because u still live there

I person could come in the the US to be with spouse of gf or bf and open accounts,  do busiess online and not be living there afterwards

the immigration personal must have had some indicaiton there was an issue or the quesiton would not have been asked

this could have been becuase a family  member or neighbor knew of the interview and wanted to disclose info /or just plain wanted to hurt the person  /   s---t happens

Edited by adil-rafa

1 hour ago, GGG1975 said:

It’s not an assumption.  It was based on a lawyer’s statement about what happened with his client.  I was just asking had anyone experienced the same in another office.  No assumption.

Yes, because no lawyer has ever blamed a uscis official rather than admit their own incompetence before 🙄 It’s just hard to reconcile with the multitudes of people who go through every day with no problem, when the one or two who face a delay find some conspiracy to blame it on.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you all for your input.  However, I am happy to report we passed!  Oath ceremony in a couple of days.  Thank you all for taking the time to comment.  Some of them were really funny as usual.  Visa Journey never disappoints.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.