clw654321

Tourist Visa

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, NYCruiser said:

You say she is buying a condo/house in the Philippines? That a little odd since she will be coming to the USA to live with you? That might be a question that would be asked of her...why?

The house is and condo is already close to being paid off. Her mother lives in the house right now. House was put into my fiancées name when her father passed away. The condo is close to her work in Manila and was only convenient to buy. She knows the answers to these questions better than I do.

With her line of work she could just get a job in the US and come on a work visa. 

But this is a serious relationship and she will live anywhere in the world together. We just prefer to live legally in the US at first anyway.

I understand these could be questions they may ask, but could people please help me with this instead of questioning everything? We are only trying to do things right in this whole situation 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

wtrav and NuestraUnion have given you good answers, IMO. Like they said, do not send an invitation letter because you only need to show you can support her maybe for the K1 visa. A letter of invitation from anyone would only hurt your chances. She needs evidence that she must return. I am petitioning for an IR-1 visa for my Brazilian wife so I don't know much about K1. For a tourist visa, like the other two said, she must convince the interviewer that she needs to return home shortly due to her responsibilities in the Philippines. I hope to bring my wife to the USA on a tourist visa if the IR-1 takes too long. We have strong ties here in Brazil - two houses, rental properties, a sick mother-in-law she is legally responsible for, a son and granddaughter. Should be no problem. But it all depends on the interview in the end. The burden of proof is on her, not you. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reason why people are questioning certain things is because the Consular will question things as well.  Getting a tourist Visa while your K-1 is processing is extemely diffuclt.  At a tourist visa interview here in the Philippines, it is only between 3-5 minutes.  The Consular will ask maybe 3-7 questions and she must be convincing in that short period of time.  ANY doubt in the Consular's mind will lead to a quick denial.  I live here in the Philippines and my fiance (girlfriend at the time) was granted 2 tourist visas.  One in 2016 and one in 2017.  We were very lucky and my fiance (girlfriend at the time) NEVER had a job, NO bank acct, DOES NOT own land, business etc. and she was approved 2 times.  There are people here who has a business, land, etc and they are denied.  My fiance (girlfriend at the time) told me when she was waiting that a Filipino actor (not very famous) was denied and he was being sponsored by a U.S. church group.  If you are willing to risk $160 ( the price of a B1/B2 visa) then by all means go ahead and try, but if not then wait out the K-1 process.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

The reason why people are questioning certain things is because the Consular will question things as well.  Getting a tourist Visa while your K-1 is processing is extemely diffuclt.  At a tourist visa interview here in the Philippines, it is only between 3-5 minutes.  The Consular will ask maybe 3-7 questions and she must be convincing in that short period of time.  ANY doubt in the Consular's mind will lead to a quick denial.  I live here in the Philippines and my fiance (girlfriend at the time) was granted 2 tourist visas.  One in 2016 and one in 2017.  We were very lucky and my fiance (girlfriend at the time) NEVER had a job, NO bank acct, DOES NOT own land, business etc. and she was approved 2 times.  There are people here who has a business, land, etc and they are denied.  My fiance (girlfriend at the time) told me when she was waiting that a Filipino actor (not very famous) was denied and he was being sponsored by a U.S. church group.  If you are willing to risk $160 ( the price of a B1/B2 visa) then by all means go ahead and try, but if not then wait out the K-1 process.

Thank you! I really appreciate that answer! I don’t mind anyone sending questions as long as there’s an optional answer. I really appreciate this information!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just a note on her job part. When she enters on the K1 visa she will not be able to work for about 4-6 months after you file the AOS paperwork( WIll be waiting on EAD), so her job is going to allow her to transfer and have 6 months off work and still have a job?

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A tie is a reason you need to return home, some are stronger than others.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

Just a note on her job part. When she enters on the K1 visa she will not be able to work for about 4-6 months after you file the AOS paperwork( WIll be waiting on EAD), so her job is going to allow her to transfer and have 6 months off work and still have a job?

Yes. I understand that. She has a very good field with computers.. I wasn’t saying she was going to transfer with that company. Although it is outsourced from the US and is possible. I was just implying that if she wanted to come to the US to just come to the US then she could without me or a tourist visa. If they were to think she is using me for American opportunities that would be incorrect. That’s all I meant. Thanks

Edited by clw654321
Change

Timeline

A Company move is a much better option than a K1 for a whole variety of reasons.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 10/17/2018 at 2:44 PM, clw654321 said:

Yes. I understand that. She has a very good field with computers.. I wasn’t saying she was going to transfer with that company. Although it is outsourced from the US and is possible. I was just implying that if she wanted to come to the US to just come to the US then she could without me or a tourist visa. If they were to think she is using me for American opportunities that would be incorrect. That’s all I meant. Thanks

It is still depends who will be the "Consul Officer" conducting the interview.  Others get by and get Tourist visa but most of the case like this while waiting for K1 Visa still gives the immigration a "RED FLAG".  

You can try, and see what happens.   Sometimes it's mind boggling but they have the full authority to turn down an applicant anytime they want, regardless of having sufficient documentation or evidence that she has strong ties in the Philippines.

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, The Conqueror said:

It is still depends who will be the "Consul Officer" conducting the interview.  Others get by and get Tourist visa but most of the case like this while waiting for K1 Visa still gives the immigration a "RED FLAG".  

You can try, and see what happens.   Sometimes it's mind boggling but they have the full authority to turn down an applicant anytime they want, regardless of having sufficient documentation or evidence that she has strong ties in the Philippines.

Exactly what I’m thinking. We just think we will spend less than $200 for a gamble but it’s worth the gamble if we get lucky. She’s a good talker and has nothing to lie about. She will make the appointment today. Thank you all!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, The Conqueror said:

What is sufficient documents?

What is strong ties to the Philippines?

Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

What is sufficient documents?

What is strong ties to the Philippines?

I want to know the answer to that question too. People say you need that but apparently buying a house and a condo, having a good job, having good family doesn’t matter because obviously she will be leaving all of that when k1 is approved. So what would you suggest she bring to the interview @Boiler? I’m assuming she brings plenty of documentation of proof of those things incase they ask. Maybe just have a good attitude, answer any question they have, be honest and we know it’s pretty much a gamble as it is...

Timeline

I doubt anything she brings will be looked at, generally the information required is on the application form. If there was anything else that made a difference would be logical to ask for it as part of the application.

But no harm taking what she wants to.

15 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

I want to know the answer to that question too. People say you need that but apparently buying a house and a condo, having a good job, having good family doesn’t matter because obviously she will be leaving all of that when k1 is approved.

Sometimes the answer is there is  nothing to show a strong tie when you're getting ready to leave it all behind.

A house, good job, etc. may help somebody else, though.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

21 minutes ago, clw654321 said:

I want to know the answer to that question too. People say you need that but apparently buying a house and a condo, having a good job, having good family doesn’t matter because obviously she will be leaving all of that when k1 is approved. So what would you suggest she bring to the interview @Boiler? I’m assuming she brings plenty of documentation of proof of those things incase they ask. Maybe just have a good attitude, answer any question they have, be honest and we know it’s pretty much a gamble as it is...

Check this website:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-typeb1b2.asp

Edited by The Conqueror

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.