dicksoneneh

Please i need help

41 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, dicksoneneh said:

Please i want to ask if i can call the NVC from Nigeria where i reside directly for the case number. Please i need to know so i can call them to today.

Thanks.

The beneficiary can legally talk to NVC.  That is not true with USCIS but with NVC you have rights.  Yes, call them directly or email them.  They generally respond quickly.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello House,

Thanks for the replies. My wife asked the for expedite date and thank God it has been approved. We are asked to pay some fees and we are about to do that now. Please i will like to ask, about the affidavit of support. Because she's not working for now since she had the C section and the doctor place her under observation so she cannot work for now. In that aspect what are we suppose to do, are we to get a sponsor?

And again about the civil documents, what to ask what and what are the required civil papers we need to submit to them.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She will be your Sponsor but need a Joint Sponsor to meet the financial requirements.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Did she lose her job or just take maternity leave?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Su

1 hour ago, dicksoneneh said:

Its a contract job so when she's ot working she won't be paid. Shes a support teacher.

Substitute Teacher? Support staff are usually employees.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Unpaid maternity leave is not unemployed.  If she has a job to go back to when she's ready, she's still "employed".  Make sure you understand the details before proceeding with a joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Please i need an urgent advice... We got a notice from the National Visa Council concerning our expedite processing that it has been approved by the Embassy in Nigeria here and the file has been forwarded to the Embassy here in Nigeria that the Embassy will contact me concerning the interview date.

Later we go another mail that i should re scan the Marriage certificate which i already did and for my wife she should forward her W2 form and letter from our joint sponsor which is yet to be provided.

Please i want to ask if this is still going to delay the Embassy contacting us for the interview date or process will be put on hold till the information is provided.

It wont delay a potential interview to not have documents in time but it may delay the issuance of a visa if you're approved. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Today i got a letter from the NVC that the embassy has approved my expedite request for visa interview and all the documents has posted and i should contact the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.