Karim3_22

AOS- Request for intial evidence- Federal income tax return

27 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I recently received an RFIE ( request for initial evidence) as I did not send the 1040 Form. I only sent my W2s.

The RFIE states to submit complete federal income tax return submitted to the IRS in most recent year. I printed the 1040 form but it doesn't have a signature as I filed using turbo tax.

Should I sign and date the form or just send it as it is?

Also, I tried to order a copy of the IRS transcript online, but the issue it does not contain all my info on it. it just shows partial info ( 3 letters of last name, last 4 digit of social etc..). what would you suggest? should I go the IRS office to get a completed form, or I should just send the 1040 form along with my W2?

Any help/advise will be much appreciated

Best,

Edited by Karim3_22

1 hour ago, Karim3_22 said:

Hello Guys,

I recently received an RFIE ( request for initial evidence) as I did not send the 1040 Form. I only sent my W2s.

The RFIE states to submit complete federal income tax return submitted to the IRS in most recent year. I printed the 1040 form but it doesn't have a signature as I filed using turbo tax.

Should I sign and date the form or just send it as it is?

Also, I tried to order a copy of the IRS transcript online, but the issue it does not contain all my info on it. it just shows partial info ( 3 letters of last name, last 4 digit of social etc..). what would you suggest? should I go the IRS office to get a completed form, or I should just send the 1040 form along with my W2?

Any help/advise will be much appreciated

Best,

I suggest you go to the IRS office to get the tax transcript if getting it online is not possible.

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

17 hours ago, gypsyqueen said:

I suggest you go to the IRS office to get the tax transcript if getting it online is not possible.

Thanks. it is possible to get it online but it doesn't have all the info like full name, address etc..

I ordered one over the phone, hopefully it will contain all the info.

Edited by Karim3_22

26 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

Thanks. it is possible to get it online but it doesn't have all the info like full name, address etc..

Make sure you get it from IRS.gov. I've ordered the tax transcripts and it should have all the information you need. Tax transcripts are supposed to be a simpler version of your tax returns. 

**N-400** 06-27-2018 : N-400 online & NOA1 || 07-07-18 : received Bio Appt e-mail notification || 07-27-18 : Biometrics reviewed || 09-25-18 : OFFICIAL 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY || 11-06-18 : Interview 

|| 12-18-2018 : APPROVED; in line to be scheduled for Oathtaking || 02-11-19 : OATHTAKING CEREMONY --

**ROC** (pending)  07-26-2017 : I-751 sent || 07-31-2017 : NOA1 || 09-05-2017 : Biometrics || 08-09-2018 : Case transferred to local office || 12-18-2018 : Card in production || 12-26-18 : received GC --

**AOS/EAD/AP** 02-20-2015 : AOS filed || 02-24-2015 : NOA1 || 03-19-2015 : Biometrics || 04-30-2015 : EAD&AP approved || 05-05-2015 : EAD&AP received || 09-25-2015 : Conditional GC approved || 10-02-2015 : GC received --

**K-1** 08-12-2014 : I-129F Sent || 08-14-2014 : NOA1 || 09-03-2014 : NOA2 || 09-10-2014 : Petition transferred from USCIS to NVC || 09-18-2014 : NVC received || 09-24-2014 : US Embassy MNL received our case || 10-14-2014 : Medical Exam done! || 10-23-2014 : Interview || 10-31-2014 : Passport & Visa on hand --

Filed: Timeline
22 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

The transcript that get mailed to you should have all the information unless things have changed (minus the full SSN). While the new online transcript is easy to access, it does remove a lot of personal information for security reasons.

3 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

The transcript that get mailed to you should have all the information unless things have changed (minus the full SSN). While the new online transcript is easy to access, it does remove a lot of personal information for security reasons.

Thank you - hopefully I will get it soon. so if I send the transcript no need to send the 1040A form correct?

The RFIE stated full tax return income submitted to the IRS in most recent year . or should I send both the transcript and the 1040A since I already mailed my W2s and employment letter etc...

Just now, Karim3_22 said:

Thank you - hopefully I will get it soon. so if I send the transcript no need to send the 1040A form correct?

The RFIE stated full tax return income submitted to the IRS in most recent year . or should I send both the transcript and the 1040A since I already mailed my W2s and employment letter etc...

That is correct. The transcripts comes directly form the IRS, and it shows what you filed. No need for anything else in regards to the tax. Employment letter and pay stubs show that you are currently income/working.

1 minute ago, Umka36 said:

That is correct. The transcripts comes directly form the IRS, and it shows what you filed. No need for anything else in regards to the tax. Employment letter and pay stubs show that you are currently income/working.

Got it, appreciate your quick reply.

I have read in some threads, the RFIE reset the clock! do you know if this is true?

Got it, appreciate your quick reply.

I have read in some threads, the RFIE reset the clock! do you know if this is true?

I'm not sure it resets the clock, just delays the process by a few weeks. My wife had issues with her biometrics twice and we had to get a local police report, but it only delayed the process. Some folks say it's better to receive the RFE as it means they are looking at your file/case and not in the wait pile.

19 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

My husband ordered his by mail and it came without names we called  the irs office to make an appointment and they said that’s the one they just removed personal information for security reasons 😐 

2 minutes ago, KYICGM said:

My husband ordered his by mail and it came without names we called  the irs office to make an appointment and they said that’s the one they just removed personal information for security reasons 😐 

this is a problem! how can you prove it is yours if no name!

Edited by Karim3_22

1 minute ago, KYICGM said:

Okay, then things have changed. I looked at my online transcript and it gives partial information, so sounds like its' the same for the mailed ones. OP will need to head to the IRS office then. That stinks.

this is a problem! how can you prove it is your if no name!

I said the same thing But im guessing from the Last 4 digits of Ssn i guess i have no idea oh and first 4 letters of the last names that’s all that it was in there. 

1 minute ago, KYICGM said:

I said the same thing But im guessing from the Last 4 digits of Ssn i guess i have no idea oh and first 4 letters of the last names that’s all that it was in there. 

yeah that's what I see when I go online.

I guess I will send that and the 1040A form. the only issue I have with that form is not signed ( I filed online- turbo tax)

4 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

yeah that's what I see when I go online.

I guess I will send that and the 1040A form. the only issue I have with that form is not signed ( I filed online- turbo tax)

Same here 🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.