CWiggin

I-551 Green Card Not Received Over 120Days

163 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a CR-1 and had my Temporary I-551 Visa since my Immigration on June 16, 2018 (Payment sent on June 14, 2018) and it's now been over 120 days and I still haven't received my actual Resident Card in the mail.  

I've been monitoring  https://my.uscis.gov/account/ for changes and still shows "In Process" 

I've inquired online and went to my local USCIS office via INFOPass appointment today and both were of no help.  

How long is everyone waiting for their actual card to arrive after immigrating?  Does anyone have any pro tips on expediting the card?

My primary reason for wanting to get the actual card is the temporary I-551 isn't being recognized as a form of ID at a specific bank that I'd like to open an account with and it also has been a struggle getting a drivers license at the California DMV believe it or not but that is processing at least.  ProTip for immigrants the RealID Drivers License process can take up to 90days.  I haven't attempted to get a job yet in the USA ( I work out of country still) but I can only imagine the temporary stamped/visa I-551 is a weaker form of ID in that process too.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would talk to the bank manager and explain that an endorsed (stamped) CR-1 visa is a green card...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, missileman said:

I would talk to the bank manager and explain that an endorsed (stamped) CR-1 visa is a green card...

Trust me it's already been done; it's a credit union.  Regardless they have their rules and I have no choice but to follow them.  The problem isn't the bank, it's the fact I've been patiently waiting for over 120days with no actual green card.  

Edited by CWiggin

Contact your congressman and ombudsman. 

`~~moved to general immigration discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures ~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 3:15 AM, NikLR said:

Contact your congressman and ombudsman. 

This. I was waiting a year for mine to arrive. After contacting the ombudsman, it started moving about a month later. 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Update, Been 188 days and no Permanent Resident Card; it appears the USCIS is not aware of Electronic Visa Packet Information

- Sent/Received 8 messages through "Inbox" on my.uscis.gov over duration of past 60days; most replies have been generic and unhelpful providing no resolution.  
- Scheduled InfoPass appointment at day 121; received no accurate information however was told to get new set of fingerprinting done and return.  Returned and received extension on IV with new stamp since visa is now expired.  

- Sent/Received reply from "Green Card Not Received" and was advised that my Visa Packet from POE was not received.  (Visa Packet is contained in the CCD and is electronic...so this is not possible)

- 3 referral ID's generated for Texas Service Center to resolve issues; received 1 reply so far.
- Phone call to USCIS and representative did not know of any electronic packet information; did not know what I was referring to and even mentioned it clearly states on my IV that the IV packet info is on the CCD.  Phone call advised to schedule an infopass appointment.  No infopass appointments in my area available anymore as they're not accepting walk-ins.  No venue to explore further options.

I've explored all options available to me at this time to no avail and my attorney is proceeding to the last measure of contacting the Ombudsman.

In other news however after waiting 90days I received my RealID Drivers License...so now at least I can open Transferwise (currency conversion) accounts and other specific and unique accounts that have been unavailable without acceptable ID.

Edited by CWiggin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello,

I am in the same situation; R1/POE via Dublin on August 22/October 06, USCIS accepted to process my case - seen via my USCIS account.

I just went over the 120 days. I spent the last months between the US and EU to finalize the transition and get my job transfered.

from the above, I do understand that inboxing the USCIS is not the most effective way of addressing the matter and I should contact the ombudsman straight.

Since they accepted to process my case, I guess they should have received my package.

Lest see how it goes ... 

Edited by negmatic

Timeline

it looks like I will end up on the same boat.

90 days no green card yet. My wife landed sep 27 on CR1 through ohare airport. but all immigration was done at abu dhabi airport since US immigration has a office there.  Status only says immigrant fee received. 

Please provide updates as case proceeds. 

Edited by ahm12

Timeline

Some news on my side.

I did fill in an e-Request Non Delivery of Card. A service case/inquiry has been created and routed to the Texas Service Center.

It looks like there was an issue related to my immigration fee (paid in July 2018). The message that I received also mentioned that I should get some feedback within the 15 days. 

Timeline
On 12/29/2018 at 11:34 AM, negmatic said:

Some news on my side.

I did fill in an e-Request Non Delivery of Card. A service case/inquiry has been created and routed to the Texas Service Center.

It looks like there was an issue related to my immigration fee (paid in July 2018). The message that I received also mentioned that I should get some feedback within the 15 days. 

my wifes 120 days are not up yet , do you suggest i should call them first or should i just create e request of non delivery of card after 120 days ?

Timeline
25 minutes ago, ahm12 said:

my wifes 120 days are not up yet , do you suggest i should call them first or should i just create e request of non delivery of card after 120 days ?

Unfortunately they will tell you to wait until 120 days are up as that's also what the instructions say.  For what it's worth I had tried earlier as well with basic "Inbox" inquiries and got the same reply to wait until 120 days.  

Update:
All 3 inquiry's that were sent have now been replied back by USCIS.  1st one (filed by USCIS though Inbox inquiry) which I mentioned earlier said my docs had not arrived yet.  2nd one (Filed by my Attorney) looks to have been entered incorrectly by the agent as the reply stated they couldn't find me in the system and also had my name wrong along with the immigration date which was off by a couple years.  3rd reply (Filed by myself through phone inquiry) stated "Further research is needed in regards to your inquiry.  You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.  If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact customer service."

3 attempts to resolve the issue through normal means failed in this case.  

I am still awaiting resolution through the Ombudsman with no update on that yet.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, CWiggin said:

Unfortunately they will tell you to wait until 120 days are up as that's also what the instructions say.  For what it's worth I had tried earlier as well with basic "Inbox" inquiries and got the same reply to wait until 120 days.  

Update:
All 3 inquiry's that were sent have now been replied back by USCIS.  1st one (filed by USCIS though Inbox inquiry) which I mentioned earlier said my docs had not arrived yet.  2nd one (Filed by my Attorney) looks to have been entered incorrectly by the agent as the reply stated they couldn't find me in the system and also had my name wrong along with the immigration date which was off by a couple years.  3rd reply (Filed by myself through phone inquiry) stated "Further research is needed in regards to your inquiry.  You should receive correspondence within the next 90 days regarding this case.  If you do not receive this correspondence, please contact customer service."

3 attempts to resolve the issue through normal means failed in this case.  

I am still awaiting resolution through the Ombudsman with no update on that yet.  

i hope your case gets resolved . this situation is scaring the ####### out of me. 

by the way can you file for condition to be removed ( cr1 to ir1] even if the first green card never arrives ? i know i am thinking too much 

Edited by ahm12

Timeline
On 1/1/2019 at 5:31 PM, ahm12 said:

I did create the eRequest and also called their service center to talk with a representative.
I think you just need to go with both options when your wife 120 days are up.

My green card has been mailed out 😀

CaptureGC.thumb.JPG.0200af2ba3e571ea654b2b66c05dbd84.JPG

Edited by negmatic

Timeline
9 minutes ago, negmatic said:

I did create the eRequest and also called their service center to talk with a representative.
I think you just need to go with both options when your wife 120 days are up.

My green card has been mailed out 😀

CaptureGC.thumb.JPG.0200af2ba3e571ea654b2b66c05dbd84.JPG

Congratulations i am sure such a relief for you.

My plan is i am going to create a e-request first when 120 days are up , and if it does not get resolved through that way i am going to start calling. 

My wife does not remember they took her fingerprints. , she remembers they only took her photo.. I think on my wife end, biometrics is the issue. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, ahm12 said:

Congratulations i am sure such a relief for you.

My plan is i am going to create a e-request first when 120 days are up , and if it does not get resolved through that way i am going to start calling. 

My wife does not remember they took her fingerprints. , she remembers they only took her photo.. I think on my wife end, biometrics is the issue. 

Yes Indeed ... I was happy ready the notification. The card was delivered today. 

I would just submit the request and call 1 or 2 days after.

Are you sur her fingeprints were not taken? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.