JVG

Hotels near US Embassy, Philippines

33 posts in this topic

Update on Hotel :

I stayed at RedPlanet Manila Bay second time this week.  It was fully booked, I paid 2160 piso this time for same room, last time it was 1800 pisos.

They also have  free safe in the room as well.

I tried the RedPlanet Makita this week as well, It nice as well and has ceiling fan, but no icebox/raf.  They do have an excellent restobar on the bottom floor that is opened 24/7, and has the best Cheese Pizza I have had in Philippines.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Update on Night Life:

Cowboy Grill is one block from RedPlanet ManilaBay.  

They are opened until 6 am.   Happy hour is from 6pm until 9pm, and starts again at 3am until 6am.

Mocha Girls play every Wednesday at this location, it cost 100 piso entry fee if they are playing, otherwise it free entry.

Large club, fully air con and it a Texas Country Western theme and seating capacity is 500 plus.

When I return to Manila in a few weeks I will check out the KTV Bars.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, LaPrincesa04 said:

Hello when did you do your medical exam? Thanks

We are doing it on October 22nd and our interview is October 25th.

Good Luck

Timeline
13 hours ago, JVG said:

We are doing it on October 22nd and our interview is October 25th.

Good Luck

Thanks. Try checking Gohotels.com.ph its very affordable, nice, clean and decent accommodation. It's walking distance from US embassy and St Lukes ext. as well. Goodluck too!

Edited by LaPrincesa04

Timeline
8 hours ago, 2018JNJ said:

Lotus Garden is not recommended. YMMV but it's not up to our standards. 

jj

I agree. My fiancée stayed there last week for her medical and it wasn't good. She said there was a strange noise keeping her awake during the night and the free breakfast wasn't very good compared to hotels we have stayed at before.

Update:

I have rebooked for late October first few days in November at Red Planet Manila Bay again.  Paying 1434 for room with queen sized bed. 

I am thinking this is the best deal in town. Hotel is very modern and US standards.  Plenty of wall plugs all over the room and some even have USB ports in them.

I haven't made it to Davao City yet, but they have a Red Planet there and I plan on trying it as well.

Edited by Chris Duffy

17 hours ago, D&N1 said:

I agree. My fiancée stayed there last week for her medical and it wasn't good. She said there was a strange noise keeping her awake during the night and the free breakfast wasn't very good compared to hotels we have stayed at before.

Yeah..they offered spaghetti with beef for breakfast..I have a feeling it was left over from dinner the night before. :-)

jj

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 1:03 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Update:

I have rebooked for late October first few days in November at Red Planet Manila Bay again.  Paying 1434 for room with queen sized bed. 

I am thinking this is the best deal in town. Hotel is very modern and US standards.  Plenty of wall plugs all over the room and some even have USB ports in them.

I haven't made it to Davao City yet, but they have a Red Planet there and I plan on trying it as well.

Nahh... Marco Polo is cheap enough in Davao City that it would be silly to try elsewhere imo. 

Any other recommendations for hotels near SLEC and Embassy?

Edited by EliAnon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

Nahh... Marco Polo is cheap enough in Davao City that it would be silly to try elsewhere imo. 

Any other recommendations for hotels near SLEC and Embassy?

Z stayed at hotel soriente for medical and red planet Manila bay for interview 

YMMV

Timeline
23 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Z stayed at hotel soriente for medical and red planet Manila bay for interview 

How were the experiences? 

also, isn't the SLEC and Embassy pretty close to one another?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, EliAnon said:

How were the experiences? 

also, isn't the SLEC and Embassy pretty close to one another?

They are near each other. 

Hotel Soriente is 200 feet from slec.  Nothing fancy but clean,  what do you expect for $28.

Red planet is nearer to embassy than slec.  New hotel property.   Her stay is tomorrow night. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

They are near each other. 

Hotel Soriente is 100 yards from slec.  Nothing fancy but clean,  what do you expect for $28.

Red planet is nearer to embassy than slec.  New hotel property.   Her stay is tomorrow night. 

Since we are talking about Manila I would expect it to not be the best lol. $28 in Davao goes further that's for sure

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.