issea

Is the online status "Interview was Scheduled" reliable on egov.uscis.gov?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline

We just got a notice by egov.uscis.gov saying the Interview was scheduled for my spouse's citizenship application. However, when we logged into the account where the e-application was filed via myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, it still shows the estimate time to completion is 10-month. We just wonder which information we should trust before really seeing the physical interview letter. Because I have impression that there are people on the site complained about the glitches cis made on their system. So we don't know if this interview notice is a real one or just another glitch.   Have any ideas?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guinea
Timeline
1 hour ago, issea said:

We just got a notice by egov.uscis.gov saying the Interview was scheduled for my spouse's citizenship application. However, when we logged into the account where the e-application was filed via myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov, it still shows the estimate time to completion is 10-month. We just wonder which information we should trust before really seeing the physical interview letter. Because I have impression that there are people on the site complained about the glitches cis made on their system. So we don't know if this interview notice is a real one or just another glitch.   Have any ideas?

In my experience egov.uscis.gov is most accurate at any given time. They're both reliable in that your application status shouln't change on either if there isn't an actual change on USCIS's end, but the online-account seems to lag the egov status by a few hours/days.

So congrats on the interview. Also, the estimated completion time is usually the maximum possible time USCIS thinks it'll take for any given person who applied a the same time as you to complete their journey, so it's not to be trusted. I naturalized 1.5 months ago ago and my online account still shows an estimated completion time, whereas my egov status has long changed to "Naturalization Certificate has been issued."

Citizenship Journey:

(Month 1)-   N-400 sent: 12/20/17

(Month 2)-   Fingerprints: 01/11/18

(Month 8)-   Interview: 07/30/18

(Month 9)-   Oath Ceremony: 08/23/18

Officially a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, gnakr said:

In my experience egov.uscis.gov is most accurate at any given time. They're both reliable in that your application status shouln't change on either if there isn't an actual change on USCIS's end, but the online-account seems to lag the egov status by a few hours/days.

So congrats on the interview. Also, the estimated completion time is usually the maximum possible time USCIS thinks it'll take for any given person who applied a the same time as you to complete their journey, so it's not to be trusted. I naturalized 1.5 months ago ago and my online account still shows an estimated completion time, whereas my egov status has long changed to "Naturalization Certificate has been issued."

This is really helpful. Thanks a lot for your valuable info. 

And also congratulations to you for becoming a citizen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 2:28 PM, issea said:

Hello Issea,

Can you please share with us when did you apply for your N-400 because I just applied on 10-16-18 and we also live in New York.  I would like to have an idea more or less when the interview will be scheduled and how long it is taking.

Thanks,

Maite

currently waiting ClockWatch2.giftimeline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.