The Nature  Boy

Georgia Dem gubernatorial nominee says 'blue wave' will include undocumented immigrants Kaitlyn S

55 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

These people are not being disenfranchised anymore than non citizens are. They have no legal right to vote.

USC naturally inherits the right to vote while non-citizens do not. 

A subset of people decide whether an inmate or exfellon has the ability to vote. This is called disenfranchisment. 

Filed: Timeline
10 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

A subset of people decide whether an inmate or exfellon has the ability to vote. This is called disenfranchisment. 

Do you vote in German elections?

What about Venezuelan ones?  No?  Why not?  Oh wait, you don’t have the RIGHT to vote, because you are not a citizen of those countries!  Ditto non-USCs.  Get real, Keith.  

There is no such thing as an exfellon.  Not a word.  A felon cannot vote while incarcerated.  However, only FOUR states require personal restitution of voting rights.  That means all the other states allow voting after the sentence is served (some add in probation and/or parole periods).  So what you are complaining about is criminals not getting to vote, and ex-felons in only four states.  Not really an issue, I would say.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

I am scratching my head trying to figure out what Voter ID has to do with Felons voting rights 

that makes two of us.  i'm talking about felons voting.  you are trying to make it broader than i stated.

35 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

it's called legal recourse when someone can't obey the law and can't adhere to social norms.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

13 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

People who have been released from prison and aren't felons have paid their debt to society and regain their right to vote. Felons are people who have committed a crime so egregious our society has agreed that they should be stripped of certain rights. Life is full of choices. These people chose to commit a felony and by extension have chosen to forfeit their right to vote. No disenfranchisment here.

13 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

when they are convicted of a felony, yes.  hence the reason their right to vote and own firearms is lost.

I believe it varies between voting district.. but some districts are trying to work out the legal details to give fellons their right to vote back.. the biggest issue is what district they should be voting for.

And firearms can be bought and carried by non-citizens. So clearly the two rights aren't on the same level. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I believe it varies between voting district.. but some districts are trying to work out the legal details to give fellons their right to vote back.. the biggest issue is what district they should be voting for.

And firearms can be bought and carried by non-citizens. So clearly the two rights aren't on the same level. 

a legal permanent resident, who has passed background checks and has shown their ability to follow the law?  you're right, not on the same level.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

2 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

No. Disenfranchisment is when someone with the right to vote is prevented from voting by another party. Inmates or felons voluntarily gave up their right to vote by choosing to break the law. Just like when a USC chooses to give up their right to vote if they renounce their citizenship. By the way you still haven't explained what an exfelon is.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

We aren't every country.

And its fine to require an ID.. you just can't change the rules without addressing the disenfranchised. 

Doesn’t an illegal voter disenfranchise those that can legally vote?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

I don’t think it is disenfranchisement.  Btw, can you actually pin all these laws regarding felons losing their right to vote to the GOP?  As to voter ID laws, I believe most of those include a method for those that cannot afford to get an ID to actually get one.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

They vote in the district they live in. Not complicated