The Nature  Boy

Hillary Clinton says husband's affair was not an abuse of power

52 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

How do we know he wasn't/isn't doing anything? He has a history of getting people to sign non disclosure agreements. Ex-wives of trump have said he raped them in the past, but backed off out of fear he would sue them if they opened their mouths.

We don't know, but do you have any proof whatsoever about the opinions you attempt to pass off as fact? You spout off opinion and seem upset when called out on it, bring a scrap or shred of proof for this endless stream of feelings and opinions you share as gospel and perhaps ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Póg mo said:

How do we know he wasn't/isn't doing anything? He has a history of getting people to sign non disclosure agreements. Ex-wives of trump have said he raped them in the past, but backed off out of fear he would sue them if they opened their mouths.

When a soiled dress turns up we will know.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
7 hours ago, Póg mo said:

No, she backed off because she overreacted and lied about it.  Came to her senses later and retracted.

Had she accused Bill of rape, I can see her backing off due to fear of impending suicide.  The Trump family doesn't seem to have that issue...

8 hours ago, Póg mo said:

He claims to be the best at everything. 

It shows he is very flawed as a human, and probably not the best choice to put in charge of civilization destroying weapons. 

Marital infidelity is one thing, but telling people you go up to woman and grab their privates is a another matter entirely. Also, given Republicans long standing claim to be the party of family values, it doesn't exactly send a good message. Trump frequently pays off his exes to stop them talking, so good knows what else he is hiding.

You just described what I would estimate to be 80% of humans. I'm sure you know many, many people of both sexes who cheat on their significant others.  It's human nature.  

We've been over and over the locker room talk.  Most men do it.  Most women do it even nastier.  Get over it.  Until it becomes a practice, all it really is, is... bragadaccio.

(Not condoning it, just calling it what it is.)

Imho, I believe that the reason why Trump and Clinton keep coming up as comparisons from both sides of the discussion is more a matter of calling out hypocracy. Both sides of the argument seem to be feeling like it's discrediting of the opposition to give "their guy" a "pass" while crucifying the opponent's guy for what each side feels like "the same thing".  I get that. I understand how one can say "why do you hate Clinton when but love Trump when they are both womanizing a**es!?!" I can see how in some minds, that seems logical. The problem is with the premises. In any progression of logical conclusion, if the "premise" is true, then the "conclusion" is true. 

So it's the premises that need discussion and comparison, rather than the conclusions.  Yes, in Trump's history there are some disgusting womanizing behaviors. There's a clash of fact/fiction, what is merely stated vs what can be proven. Some is proven fact of terrible behavior. I don't believe that anyone here is condoning that. Let's narrow the comparing to the defined time of "while in the office of President". I don't care what Bill or Donald did prior to wearing that mantle. That mantle is about job performance and the weight of it's implicit authority as it relates to the topic at hand. 

I care about the fact that while wearing that mantle, I don't believe that Clinton did well. He wasn't the worst, but he was far from satisfactory in my opinion. I believe he used his charisma and charm to get away with doing some bad things that he was able to in large part because of the implicit authority of his mantle. I was not happy with many of his policies, but that's expected when I hold a different political views. He did, without a doubt, engage in sexual activity with a subordinate employee while wearing his mantle. His impeachment hearings weren't about establishing guilt but rather if he should be able to continue as president in spite of it. 

I approve of job Trump is doing.  No one has tried to accuse him if violating the authority of his presidential mantle to engage in sexual activity. 

With the apples to apples comparison of the premises, I feel like Clinton abused his authority and I don't see the same abuse with Trump.  The fact that Hillary doesn't see Bill's actions as an abuse of power discredits her judgement in my opinion. That matters and applies because she is still grappling for that same power, even if not for herself then for others who think like she does... which then casts doubt on their judgement. So it's relevant because it impacts who we as voters chose to give that authority to. 

As long as I see Trump wearing that mantle and using that authority to better our nation, I'm willing to accept that he runs his mouth and says cringeworthy things sometimes. The day he abuses that mantle and has an affair, is the day I'll reevaluate my support. I'm looking at the actions more than the words, for both Presidents. And I'm listening to the opinions expressed by those who want to be given that power because I can't judge them on actions with it. I will evaluate actions prior to giving it (I didn't vote for either Hillary or Donald). 

That should bring it full circle on the hypocracy, conclusions, and reasons why it's all applicable. Hopefully it makes sense (I'm horribly sleep deprived ATM...lol)

It makes perfect sense.  Took you a lot more words to explain our view than I did, but we are saying the same thing.

People in positions of power get away with more than us common folk.  That's a fact, Jack.  Power is why Monica was attracted to Clinton.  And multiple women to JFK, MLK, etc.  Trump verbalized it in a crass way with his "grab them by the..." , but he just put into words what happens with rich/famous/powerful/beautiful people.

Keep up the good work, Trump.  Even though I did not vote for him, I am happy with his results, as are most Americans.