Jump to content
Lovers4life

K1 visa question

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone I am just wanting to see if they approve us and we get an NOA 2 can they change our status at any point in the day and will it change from the case inquiry from your application was recieved any body know the answer to this question and btw we applied in April 12th so we are hoping to get the next step any day now please pray for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post is very confusing but I think the answer is: sometimes the apps and websites will update to “case was approved”, sometimes they won’t. There have been people who only learned about the approval after they received the letter in the mail.

 

I (04/13) was approved on the 9th and got the letter yesterday. Both apps still say received and only one of the websites says approved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gkzrl said:

Your post is very confusing but I think the answer is: sometimes the apps and websites will update to “case was approved”, sometimes they won’t. There have been people who only learned about the approval after they received the letter in the mail.

 

I (04/13) was approved on the 9th and got the letter yesterday. Both apps still say received and only one of the websites says approved...

Thank you so very much you applied on the 13th of April did they send the letter to the beneficiary and congratulations good luck with your interview 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lovers4life said:

Hi everyone I am just wanting to see if they approve us and we get an NOA 2 can they change our status at any point in the day and will it change from the case inquiry from your application was recieved any body know the answer to this question and btw we applied in April 12th so we are hoping to get the next step any day now please pray for us.

My case was never approved on the website, but I received an email and then a few days later received the NOA2 in the mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mich923 said:

My case was never approved on the website, but I received an email and then a few days later received the NOA2 in the mail.

Thank you so much I pray we are approved soon this is killing me for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Lovers4life said:

Thank you so very much you applied on the 13th of April did they send the letter to the beneficiary and congratulations good luck with your interview 

Yes, we our noa1 April 13th, the letter was sent to the petitioner's house in the U.S.! Thank you, and I wish you luck too! I hope you hear from them soon 

Edited by gkzrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved from Tourist Visas forum to USCIS Service Centers forum; topic is about the case update feature of the USCIS website.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×