MichaelD1980

I have no income & no assets, will that affect my wife's chance to get a U.S. visa even if she has a joint sponsor?

116 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

No I never tried data jobs, could u tell me how I could get a data job and would I have to interact with anyone at all? I'm gonna try to see a doctor again .and get help with my disability, this is really hard, I couldn't even enjoy my trip to the Philippines as much as I would have liked to because of my problem, I mostly stayed in the hotel while I was there, if only I didn't have this stupid social anxiety I would have enjoyed my trip more.

Did you get married on your first and only visit? 

6 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

No I never tried data jobs, could u tell me how I could get a data job and would I have to interact with anyone at all? I'm gonna try to see a doctor again .and get help with my disability, this is really hard, I couldn't even enjoy my trip to the Philippines as much as I would have liked to because of my problem, I mostly stayed in the hotel while I was there, if only I didn't have this stupid social anxiety I would have enjoyed my trip more.

Data entry, not just data, because data analytics for example, requires specialized skills. There are different kinds of data entry jobs and they require different things, usually some knowledge of Excel and other MS Office software. They're not hard and while some of them do require some amount of interaction on the phone or through email for example, others don't. But data entry jobs can be a good way to find an office job without any specialized skills and usually for a lower wage. 

2 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

People are just not understanding me, yes my anxiety apply out of the country, I would have been able to enjoy myself a lot more if I didn't have this stupid anxiety problem, I hate this and I'm trying my best. It was not a socially awkward situation, I was comfortable around my wife, we chatted online for almost 2 years before we met in person. We mostly stayed in the motel, I know I could have enjoyed myself more if I didn't have this darn anxiety.

Are you on any medication for it or receiving any counseling for it? Anxiety is treatable. It’s not terminal. In the past I have worked with people going through cancer, a woman who was completely wheelchair-bound, a woman with no hands, a man with one leg, a man on dialysis. They all worked, some of them only part-time but they worked. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, JFH said:

A cousin as a joint sponsor was mentioned in previous posts too. Plus opening an Internet cafe in the Philippines (not sure why he can work in a cafe there but can’t work in a cafe in the US?).

It would also appear that they have not seen each other since they got married all those years ago and they married on the first visit. So that brings us to his next hurdle in getting her visa approved. 

Yes my cousin was gonna co-sponsor my wife but my cousin changed her mind, people are just not understanding this, sorry if I'm confusing everyone, I would not be the one working in the internet cafe, it was an idea for my wife.

1 minute ago, JFH said:

Are you on any medication for it or receiving any counseling for it? Anxiety is treatable. It’s not terminal. In the past I have worked with people going through cancer, a woman who was completely wheelchair-bound, a woman with no hands, a man with one leg, a man on dialysis. They all worked, some of them only part-time but they worked. 

I have seen a few doctors in the past but its hard for me to even talk to them and I don't like taking pills, I only take a multi-vitamin, I worry about my health, I just don't know what to, I try not to have panic attacks but I just can't control it, it sucks, no one really knows what I'm going through except my family.

5 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

My old post your refering to was an example, sorry I should have made myself more clear back then, I  never got that money but was wondering if I had that much money could I sponsor my wife, I wasn't able to change my post back then and correct it, sorry

You mentioned it twice, though 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

I have seen a few doctors in the past but its hard for me to even talk to them and I don't like taking pills, I only take a multi-vitamin, I worry about my health, I just don't know what to, I try not to have panic attacks but I just can't control it, it sucks, no one really knows what I'm going through except my family.

Doctors are like shoes. You have to try several until you find one that fits. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

1 minute ago, MorganandMichael said:

I’m sure the SSA screened through all this already. Getting assistance based on anxiety is very difficult, you need a lot of evidence to show it’s at a debilitating level. I’m not really sure why you seem to think it’s the OP’s responsibility to prove to YOU or anyone else here that deserves assistance. Seems really irrelevant to his question.

OP, you can use a joint sponsor if they meet the income requirements. They will need to complete the proper forms and provide their tax and income info. I’m sure you’ve heard the news about cracking down on immigrants who could become public charges, so don’t go into this thinking you will be free of scrutiny (you’re already getting a bunch here on the forum) but just make sure you present your case the best you can without misrepresenting your situation. 

Yeah I know but u just don't know the whole story, and u don't know what my diagnoses is. there is more to it but I'm not gonna try to explain anymore because I'm just gonna keep getting scrutiny here.

8 minutes ago, MichaelD1980 said:

Have you tried reading the book "When Panic Attacks" by Dr David Burns? He has some really good insights and helpful tips. 

I find it terrible that so many people are questioning you. I do believe you that it's hard for you to get a job. 

What are your interests? If you're interested in it, there are many ways to learn different programming and scripting languages online. Of course, finding a job might be hard with no experience and no connections. That's why I think that your best bet is learning Excel and trying to find a data entry job or something similar where your interactions with others are are minimal or through email only. Hopefully an employer will be able to make reasonable accommodations for you when it comes to interacting with coworkers. I'm sure it's an uphill battle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.