HamoAus

Sydney K1 interview dates

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

17 hours ago, HamoAus said:

Was that the only date they gave you, or did you ask for the soonest possible date?

Hi Hamo, I asked for any date in November. I do not think you will make it in time for the last Tuesday of October unfortunately, especially if your documents haven't left NVC yet. It takes around 6-8 days at least for the consulate to receive the documents. At that point it takes another few days for them to process and send an email to you. 

I would start planning for a 27 Nov date or later imo. Hang in there!

Timeline
1 minute ago, teppanyaki1 said:

Hi Hamo, I asked for any date in November. I do not think you will make it in time for the last Tuesday of October unfortunately, especially if your documents haven't left NVC yet. It takes around 6-8 days at least for the consulate to receive the documents. At that point it takes another few days for them to process and send an email to you. 

I would start planning for a 27 Nov date or later imo. Hang in there!

Well you're probably right, I may have to accept Nov 27. But, I'm a pretty proactive guy and I've already sent the consulate an email to begin arrangements for getting an interview date.

My case docs left NVC last week and I had my medical last Thursday, that gives me one week, so who knows, we'll see what happens.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, HamoAus said:

Well you're probably right, I may have to accept Nov 27. But, I'm a pretty proactive guy and I've already sent the consulate an email to begin arrangements for getting an interview date.

My case docs left NVC last week and I had my medical last Thursday, that gives me one week, so who knows, we'll see what happens.

If your docs left NVC last week, you might have a chance! But the anecdote above about another Aussie filer saying they got Nov too , makes me think they might have filled up the interview spots for Oct, but you never know! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, teppanyaki1 said:

If your docs left NVC last week, you might have a chance! But the anecdote above about another Aussie filer saying they got Nov too , makes me think they might have filled up the interview spots for Oct, but you never know! 

Well, I just checked the CEAC site and it's been updated to show that my case is 'Ready' 😁

So maybe they can squeeze me in, I really hope so!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, HamoAus said:

Well, I just checked the CEAC site and it's been updated to show that my case is 'Ready' 😁

So maybe they can squeeze me in, I really hope so!

Mine has just changed to Ready too!! YAY!

I'm about to submit the DS-160.

My fiance keeps telling me to ask for a sooner date... lol

Did you email: support-australia@ustraveldocs.com for the interview date? 

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlicerCooper said:

Mine has just changed to Ready too!! YAY!

I'm about to submit the DS-160.

My fiance keeps telling me to ask for a sooner date... lol

Did you email: support-australia@ustraveldocs.com for the interview date? 

Congrats! Yeah I emailed them at that address, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I've actually had a scare. because the doctor who did my medical exam called me an hour after I sent the email to tell me that my chest Xray showed something funny and she wanted me to have CT scan to make sure its not TB, I was freaking out. Luckily, she booked me in for an emergency scan this afternoon, and the guy who did it thinks its just left-overs from a nasty chest infection I had last month. So hopefully everything still works out. :wacko:🤞

Timeline
5 hours ago, HamoAus said:

Congrats! Yeah I emailed them at that address, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

I've actually had a scare. because the doctor who did my medical exam called me an hour after I sent the email to tell me that my chest Xray showed something funny and she wanted me to have CT scan to make sure its not TB, I was freaking out. Luckily, she booked me in for an emergency scan this afternoon, and the guy who did it thinks its just left-overs from a nasty chest infection I had last month. So hopefully everything still works out. :wacko:🤞

Oh no ! Everything is so stressful at the moment a health scare is the last thing you need! Hope it all works out mate 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
On 10/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, HamoAus said:

Hi all,

While I've been looking at the timelines of other people who have  done the K1 journey from Australia, I've noticed a bit of a pattern in that it seems like the Sydney consulate conducts most of it's K1 visa interviews towards the end of any given month. Is that just a coincidence, or does the Sydney consulate actually wait to do K1 interviews in the last two weeks of the month?

Reason I ask is my medical is next week and I was hoping to jag an interview early next month.

Thanks.

Hey Hamo,

One more question - I've just filled out/paid the MRV on usatraveldocs... the page timed out and said ERROR when processing my card .. but the monies been taken from my bank account and I got a receipt sent to my email saying I paid. I'm not going to attempt to pay again cuz it had that scary NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN notice on the website so... yeah not keen to get about $700 taken from my account lol

Anyway just wondering - I've emailed the Sydney embassy with the MRV payment info - they respond by email with your interview date right? You don't use the usatraveldocs site to schedule the interview? 

Cheers

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hey Hamo,

One more question - I've just filled out/paid the MRV on usatraveldocs... the page timed out and said ERROR when processing my card .. but the monies been taken from my bank account and I got a receipt sent to my email saying I paid. I'm not going to attempt to pay again cuz it had that scary NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN notice on the website so... yeah not keen to get about $700 taken from my account lol

Anyway just wondering - I've emailed the Sydney embassy with the MRV payment info - they respond by email with your interview date right? You don't use the usatraveldocs site to schedule the interview? 

Cheers

As far as I know, you don't use ustraveldocs website to lock in the date, they send you an email detailing what date you need to come in for the interview.

That's what they did for me anyway, they said I have to come in on Oct 30, next Tuesday. I might be cheering right now, but the doc that did my medical exam hasn't sent the results because she wants me to go on two weeks of antibiotics to clear up leftovers of a pneumonia infection that I had a month ago. So I'm stressing just a little bit too. 😰

Timeline
1 minute ago, HamoAus said:

As far as I know, you don't use ustraveldocs website to lock in the date, they send you an email detailing what date you need to come in for the interview.

That's what they did for me anyway, they said I have to come in on Oct 30, next Tuesday. I might be cheering right now, but the doc that did my medical exam hasn't sent the results because she wants me to go on two weeks of antibiotics to clear up leftovers of a pneumonia infection that I had a month ago. So I'm stressing just a little bit too. 😰

Omg congrats! That's such good news - hopefully it goes well and imagine you might get to be with your fiance a whole month earlier :D !!! 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
2 hours ago, AlicerCooper said:

Omg congrats! That's such good news - hopefully it goes well and imagine you might get to be with your fiance a whole month earlier :D !!! 

Yeah thanks, I just hope there's no funny business involving the medical exam report the doc hasn't sent yet.

I spoke to the doc that did my medical today and she assured me that they will still let me do the interview even if the medical report hasn't arrived, I hope I can trust her word because I went ahead and booked my flights and accom in Sydney. 😬🤞

Timeline

Yeah they will let you do the interview because I read that if you do the medical after the interview the people at the interview give you something to bring to the medical.

So whilst it's preferable to have the medical results BEFORe the interview they can still do it the other way! 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Timeline
Just now, AlicerCooper said:

Yeah they will let you do the interview because I read that if you do the medical after the interview the people at the interview give you something to bring to the medical.

So whilst it's preferable to have the medical results BEFORe the interview they can still do it the other way! 

Well, I have proof that I actually DID the medical in form of invoices from the medical clinic and the radiology clinic and I have the disc with my chest X-rays, I'll take those with me to the interview just in case they ask. 😁

Have you received your email yet from the consulate confirming your interview date?

Timeline
2 hours ago, HamoAus said:

Well, I have proof that I actually DID the medical in form of invoices from the medical clinic and the radiology clinic and I have the disc with my chest X-rays, I'll take those with me to the interview just in case they ask. 😁

Have you received your email yet from the consulate confirming your interview date?

Congratulations man! So happy it worked out for you.

Don't worry - what happens is that they will approve you pending them receiving the medical report. And then once they receive it , they will just issue your visa!

Timeline
On 10/23/2018 at 7:16 PM, HamoAus said:

Nope and their auto-response says 1-2 business days... it'll be 3 business days tomorrow so I emailed again :(

You'll have to let us know the consulate experience! 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.