SMcC

I-130 Original letters of support? or photocopy?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As many have experienced, sending mail from overseas can be a chore and lengthy, as well as unreliable. I have letters of support from friends and family of my wife and obtaining the originals would be a risk. The mail system there is pathetic. I will be sending in the original translations, but will sending a copy of their letter be accepted? (I am sending an 1-130 for my wife in Ukraine who has never been to the USA )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

According to what we are seeing on the new system where u submit online to NVC (copies by internet not originals),   they now expect the originals of all these to be produced at interview

Mail is also not delivered in Morocco but when i had to send things i did it by US postal overnight

took several days going thru all security and customs 

but they did deliver a notice for the person to go to local postal office and sign for it

sorry but seems now we have to send all originals to support the application and they will seen at embassy inteview stage

the letter u get now will say this on #4

it also tells the beneficary to go to the embassy web page for a list of drs and that letter is the one to take

Edited by adil-rafa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Letters of support carry little weight.  Why bother?  We got married in Ukraine and a few days later applied for I-130.  See my signature below for sequence of events.  US consulate in Kiev is rather easy.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

Letters of support carry little weight.  Why bother?  We got married in Ukraine and a few days later applied for I-130.  See my signature below for sequence of events.  US consulate in Kiev is rather easy.  

Although I am envious of your quick process, having a lack of bona fide other than receipts, travel and photos, letters have more weight than I would want since our courtship was fairly brief. 

USCIS wouldn't ask for this information unless they carry some weight.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, SMcC said:

Although I am envious of your quick process, having a lack of bona fide other than receipts, travel and photos, letters have more weight than I would want since our courtship was fairly brief. 

USCIS wouldn't ask for this information unless they carry some weight.

USCIS does NOT ask for letters of support.  "Affidavits" are simply on a list of possible evidence you could submit, but they really do carry little weight.  Concentrate on evidence of time spent together in person, and examples of how an how frequently you communicate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.